84ichzZ.jpg

How do they fit on the planet?

zURdtXB.jpg

Morality is a construct, friend.

voGSn3i.jpg

Giant world devouring space monsters

MuvY0sV.jpg

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Hands up if you've been to an Apple store or seen a major Apple reseller...

In Guild Wars 2 Apple dealers are a bit more modest! :sorcerer:

u65pSe0.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tybalt Leftpaw is one of my favourite NPC's in the game! :grin:

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

^Have you met Tybalt, greatest Apple salesman of all?

Tybalt may be my favourite, but the other two mentors (VIgil and Priory) weren't bad either.

I think though, the runner up for me as NPC is Taimi. The progeny got attitude :lol:

dgVOtsw.jpg

wsdaAso.jpg

gRUJpFh.jpg

...and then she had you help her coordinate some big lenses so the team could fry all the bugs in the chamber

• Like 2

Well, I've just entered Ancient Greece 431 BC as Kassandra, and so far I've been very much impressed. I really hope that it delivers enough fun to warrant my time, since I absolutely love the setting.

I've never played Assassin Creed before, and I just noticed the bizarre amount of assigned keys, but somehow I'll get used to this, otherwise I'll switch to a controller.

TncDqr.jpg

zSkXMZ.jpg

XIb5hw.jpg

BuZg6Z.jpg

y0uOno.jpg

WtWoJT.jpg

YiwpfX.jpg

EDIT: And I had to disable FPS display counter and screenshot messages and what not in that UPlay monstrosity. Why do they keep insisting on that garbage? Why?

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Tybalt may be my favourite, but the other two mentors (VIgil and Priory) weren't bad either.

I think though, the runner up for me as NPC is Taimi. The progeny got attitude :lol:

dgVOtsw.jpg

wsdaAso.jpg

gRUJpFh.jpg

...and then she had you help her coordinate some big lenses so the team could fry all the bugs in the chamber

I loved Tybalt (my first character, a Thief, of course, went with the Order of Whispers ;)) But overall I feel Sieran is the best one out of the faction mentors as she is the perfect embodiment of her race (blunt, brash, innocent, no fear of death since no familiarity with the concept due to very few (only one?) Sylvari ever having died up to that point etc.). I feel that despite the Sylvari being described as such the game does a very bad job of communicating it, especially when not a Sylvari yourself or avoiding The Grove and missing out on the, sometimes hilarious, ambient conversations.

In any case all of them are a bit underplayed, alas.

The newer "companions" are imho hit and miss, the problem I see is that once the writers figure out a trait about a companion is liked and they then go full caricature on them (eg. Canach and Rytlock, but Taimi got some of that going as well). Oh, and they botched Braham to an extent I don't think the damage is fixable, at least for me (I hear they're trying though, but I have to play through the last two LS episodes still so can't comment on that yet)

EDIT: I think at that point two Sylvari had died, though both went "missing" (and are/can be found by the player depending on your choices) so their fate was unknown to the rest of the race.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

I would definitely recommend a controller for any Assassin's Creed games. They are all pretty good at the exploring a historical period aspect of gaming so hopefully you enjoy that.

Yeah, generally speaking, you probably want to play an Ass creed game on a pad. Dunno about the newest one, but Syndicate for instance tracks your movement speed in a whole slew of actions, and fine control over that is just better on an analogue stick regardless of assigned keys. Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

dgVOtsw.jpg

wsdaAso.jpg

gRUJpFh.jpg

I loved Tybalt (my first character, a Thief, of course, went with the Order of Whispers ;)) But overall I feel Sieran is the best one out of the faction mentors as she is the perfect embodiment of her race (blunt, brash, innocent, no fear of death since no familiarity with the concept due to very few (only one?) Sylvari ever having died up to that point etc.). I feel that despite the Sylvari being described as such the game does a very bad job of communicating it, especially when not a Sylvari yourself or avoiding The Grove and missing out on the, sometimes hilarious, ambient conversations.

The newer "companions" are imho hit and miss, the problem I see is that once the writers figure out a trait about a companion is liked and they then go full caricature on them (eg. Canach and Rytlock, but Taimi got some of that going as well). Oh, and they botched Braham to an extent I don't think the damage is fixable, at least for me (I hear they're trying though, but I have to play through the last two LS episodes still so can't comment on that yet)

EDIT: I think at that point two Sylvari had died, though both went "missing" (and are/can be found by the player depending on your choices) so their fate was unknown to the rest of the race.

Two named Sylvari maybe, there's plenty that died in all the fights.

Braham is yeeeaaaah I don't know what they were trying to achieve but it was wasted effort.

Braham is yeeeaaaah I don't know what they were trying to achieve but it was wasted effort.

A teenage boy trying to grow up? Nah, not sure really. Kash and Jory weren't really someone I cared about either. Rox was Ok if somewhat underused. Taimi... well, I got a soft spot for the spunky little progeny.

I switched to my xBone controller, and hey presto! This turned into a wonderful experience. Then I simply picked those alternate controller settings, which really fit my playstyle to a tee, and I haven't looked back.

3 hours into the game, and as a graecophile who's never played AssCreed, here are my first impressions...

-Imagine Skyrim 2018, but set in the Classical period of Ancient Greece, and you have an eye in the sky in the form of your lovely eagle Ikaros. The total map is supposed to be huge. 130 square kilometres, apparently much larger than its predecessor Origins

-Music, the sounds, the landscape, the VOs (locals actually speak Greek, and NPCs have this wonderful accent), and even all the RPG bits of it all, the lot is simply top-notch

-You can very soon run into enemies higher than yourself. I was lvl 1, and even stumbled across lvl 5 and such

-The three classes are Hunter, Warrior and the stealthy Assassin. I haven't made up my mind yet

-Lots of loot, along the Diablo classification: common, rare, epic, legendary, plus heaps of dismantling and crafting

-If you do too much illegal stuff, you'll get Mercenaries hounding you

-I use Exploration Mode - really nice!

-You can dive for sunken treasures and temples

-Naval warfare, some politics

-And I read about the 2nd expansion: Atlantis -Greek Mythology heavy. Need I say more? *Swoon!*

I mean, come on??? Wow. This, plus Pathfinder: Kingmaker, will keep me busy for months to come. See you after X-Mas! :sorcerer:

Some screenies to whet your appetite:

H2lqc3.jpg

BwROLy.jpg

uwoIry.jpg

k3FEKX.jpg

WX4ZXw.jpg

cdcWKQ.jpg

vll3PC.jpg

I picked the grey horse.

ykqdI7.jpg

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

dgVOtsw.jpg

wsdaAso.jpg

gRUJpFh.jpg

A few more were murdered by Asura upon first discovering the Sylvari, though most of the race wasn't exposed to that (there's a flashback in iirc LS2 about that).

Note that quests happen chronologically in GW2 (each map is frozen in time) so at the point of the battle of Lion's Arch there are very few Sylvari that have bitten the dust and even fewer to have observed those fates (Zhaitan isn't so keen on leaving survivors to tell the tale ;)).

I'm sure plenty died during the Zhaitan campaign, but that happens after the Battle for Claw Island.

are you running on low

Yes, for starters, at least, on almost everything.

And perhaps it's a necessity here, showing this kind of pics on a reasonably public forum and all...

vmaQWf.jpg