Pictures of your Games 11 - The Quickening

@melkathi

Sniff... that is sheer nostalgia!

Still playing mostly Guild Wars 2. My favourite area so far is still the former human kingdom of Orr. Sunk underneath the waves by magic out of control and raised centuries later by equally powerful magic (including the former inhabitants). The area is huge and has a staggering amount of detail (for a MMO)

2BdCZSs.jpg

Same place, my necromancer scouring the area for crafting materials...

OLgEsEp.jpg

Such a nice and gloomy feel :skull:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Beware the fowl minions of Zhaitan, lord of the undead!

Yeah, I think this chicken is past it's best by date :getlost:

2yzin2s.jpg

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Dear Nvidia - was this sort of feature really required to add into Ansel?

Ansel-00025274a.jpg

...well, ok, it's briefly and childishly amusing. But still.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"Mandrake, come over here, the Redcoats are coming!"

g0AzQWe.jpg

Royal Marines DLC for Afghanistan '11 has dropped, cashing in Blackhawks and Huskies for Lynxes and Terriers, which makes me recall a certain passage from Rudyard Kipling's "The Young British Soldier":

"When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,

And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains

An' go to your Gawd like a soldier."
Edited by Agiel
  • Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

A rather surreal detour from Tyria (Guild Wars 2), a crystalline dimension ('Glints Lair') and quite surreal to walk around in. Last boss was horribly badly balanced though with some rather questionably design decisions. That fight alone made me decide to skip this bit in the future on other alts (it's optional, something called Living Story Season 2).

34ynq02.jpg

A rather surreal detour from Tyria (Guild Wars 2), a crystalline dimension ('Glints Lair') and quite surreal to walk around in. Last boss was horribly badly balanced though with some rather questionably design decisions. That fight alone made me decide to skip this bit in the future on other alts (it's optional, something called Living Story Season 2).

34ynq02.jpg

Boss design, unfortunately, isn't one of ArenaNet's strong suits... The final bosses of each Episode/expansion are usually...terrible. As an added bonus most of the bosses in Path of Fire in general are just terrible... :(

Hey, it enables more boats to park!

Tactics?... screw tactics!... everyone GET HIM!!!

(I later got lucky and found a group to take down the boss for the Vinewrath rewards - 1 Carapace Armour chest piece for me)

21lmiw0.jpg

• Like 1