Patch 1.1.1 Updates Thread

David Benefield

Question

Hello Beta Folk!

We are getting ready to release our next patch. This will be a smaller update than v1.1.0. Included in this patch is support for the next free DLC and some fixes that we felt we could sneak in safely as the team works on the next patch with many more fixes for issues reported by the community. We've just finished uploading an early version of this patch to both GOG and Steam.

You can find instructions on how to opt into the beta branch on this thread.

Build 1.1.0.0058 Updates

Below are the fixes we expect to be in build 58. 

• News feed no longer clips with Title Screen menu after quitting to Title Screen.
  • Various fixes to Partial Hair.
  • Store and Ship results now handle Scaling Text size better, and layering of UI has been fixed in a few places.
  • Fixed skinning issues on Naked Dwarf bodies.
  • Onekaza will now properly start Taking Out the Traders quest if you've completed all prior quests in the Huana faction.
  • Fixed the Appearance Customization window not scaling down on smaller resolutions.
  • Client no longer crashes when choosing "Quit to Desktop"
  • Castol will now offer you A Glimpse Beyond if players have completed Storms of Poko Kohara and He Waits in Fire and haven't talked to Flaune Elette before ever talking to Castol
  • It's now possible to return Terms of Trade and Storms of Poko Kohara to Director Castol in the event of Alvari having been banished by the VTC council
  • Mac builds will no longer allow you to toggle the Fullscreen setting via the  OSX Menu Dock Bar or via Command+F. This was done to prevent a crash that occurs when doing this action.
  • Like 9

Sorry to be blunt, but when can we expect a real patch for bugfixes? If it's a next patch after the one that's in beta right now, I guess it will take weeks?

EDIT: Was Arcane-Nalpazca interaction fixed? If so, in what way?

Edited by hamsterofchaos

Sorry to be blunt, but when can we expect a real patch for bugfixes? If it's a next patch after the one that's in beta right now, I guess it will take weeks?

EDIT: Was Arcane-Nalpazca interaction fixed? If so, in what way?

Prepare to be patient. Did you play the first game? The patching process takes time, but they will get there in the end.

yeah why are you fixing this crap when 95% of the abilities and spells in the game are that mediocre that they are not even worth using?

Calm down. It was clearly stated that they only snuck in those fixes that could be done so safely, without cause new bugs.

So bigger patches will come further down the road.

• Like 2

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

yeah why are you fixing this crap when 95% of the abilities and spells in the game are that mediocre that they are not even worth using?

Different parts of the team likely work on bugfixing (and quest sequencing) as opposed to combat balancing. The balance team, for all we know, is taking a small break after sprinting to get us 1.1 out in amazing time. Lastly, you're being rude.

• Like 1

Rude.

If you want to see less than stellar customer support and post-release game management, I would suggest you check on Bethesda.

Obsidian have always delivered.

• Like 1

To be clear, we do have a bigger patch that has been being worked on for about 4 weeks now that we're finishing up. These were just some simple / safer fixes we pulled over into the 1.1.0 patch to ensure we're still getting some improvements out in a timely manner. Most of these fixes in 1.1.1 were introduced in 1.1.0 (ex: change appearance window not scaling down to smaller resolutions) so that was the focus of this smaller patch for the most part.

• Like 4

Twitter: @robyatadero

Please, hotfix the Maia leaving the party letter swamping my inventory bug in an endless loop. I've must have gotten 50+ farewell notes by now, and they always end up in any of my character's invos and never in the stash. Even selling them won't help you.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

To be clear, we do have a bigger patch that has been being worked on for about 4 weeks now that we're finishing up. These were just some simple / safer fixes we pulled over into the 1.1.0 patch to ensure we're still getting some improvements out in a timely manner. Most of these fixes in 1.1.1 were introduced in 1.1.0 (ex: change appearance window not scaling down to smaller resolutions) so that was the focus of this smaller patch for the most part.

Nice one. When can we expect the big 1.1.1 patch in it's beta form for us to try?

Cheers

Nice one. When can we expect the big 1.1.1 patch in it's beta form for us to try?

Cheers

Asking real questions :D

Please, hotfix the Maia leaving the party letter swamping my inventory bug in an endless loop. I've must have gotten 50+ farewell notes by now, and they always end up in any of my character's invos and never in the stash. Even selling them won't help you.

Pretty sure this should be fixed in 1.1.0. If you are still having this issue in 1.1.0, could you send us your save?

Twitter: @robyatadero

Any news about issues with Gift from the Machine import? The PoE gamestate i imported had both Effigy's Resentment :DoC and Gift from the Machine, however when Eothas returns a part of your soul at Hasongo i only receive my Effigy's Resentment. I played through to Ashen Maw just to make sure the bonus wasn't gaiited beyond that second soul interaction.

Edited by Omeganova

Thnks,

btw i hope that loading map error about  Adra Mill, Brass Citadel, Neketaka, Hasanogo, Engwithan Arena Sub-Level and so on will be fixed

Edited by kilay

Do any devs read the MODs forum?

We're got some serious issues ATM

The bugs forum is locked (so we can't report them)

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

Currently playing a Liberator (druid+paladin)

Bug: use drug (taru-turu gum, not sure whether important) then spiritshift. After the end of the shift - drug duration extended. As shifting all the time - the duration got as high as 6800 seconds or more than 2 hours