Sailor mastery with two skills?

PangaeaACDC

Question

A little awkward title, but what I mean to ask is whether it's possible to get a crew member to become a master in a skill if he/she has more than one skill (like cook/deckhand). I've got several single-skill crew members to master, but none who have 2 skills have achieved it yet. And I've been through a great deal of fights. The people who have been with me from the start have 70+ sailor experience by now, but despite being active members all the time, they just have novice + experienced.

Is this a bug? Have others managed to get them all the way up? Presumably it should be possible to get master + master too, but that must take a sick amount of time if my experience is anything to go by.

Honestly looks to me like they "top out" at four stars combined, so if they are novice in a skill, they can't get master in the other.

11 answers to this question

I already have this listed in my thread - it's being observed and they're looking into it.

Cheers, mate!

Aloth: "Vela, that's not a very nice word... Where did you learn that?"

Vela: "Uncle Serafen."

Aloth: "I see.. We'll just have to have a little chat then, wont we?"

By the way, anyone knows what these ranks do for you? With canoneers its clear - chance to hit, but others?

I mean you think with the master boatswain, master helmsman and 5 master/expert deckhands your ship will turn faster or something like this (but its not)

According to the wiki, four rank levels is the maximum any sailor can have. 2x Novice + Experienced, or any combination adding to 4, but never exceeding it. 

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

According to the wiki, four rank levels is the maximum any sailor can have. 2x Novice + Experienced, or any combination adding to 4, but never exceeding it.

Correct. This is as described in the tutorial. The only person on the ship who can obtain a 5th rank is the captain. There are a handful of characters who can be recruited who start off with points in only one area, which makes them valuable if Mastery is important to you.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

What's a little odd is that the human player keeps getting notifications of new ranks after combat, despite having had 5 for eons. If it kept getting upgraded, my captain would probably have around 15 by now.

Wish it was possible for crew members to get more than 4 ranks combined though, as getting those 2-3 stars from their origin is very rapid.

My assumption has been that they are generous with points so that players don’t sprint for specific crew members and then never swap them out.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hi PangaeaACDC,

As mentioned above, we are indeed looking at this issue currently.

Thanks for the post!

-Caleb

Hi im new, I just wanted to add on to this that if there is no way to get master in more than one rank, at least a way to reset their skills would be nice. But all in all, being able to get master in more than one rank would be best if possible. Thank you.

By the way, anyone knows what these ranks do for you? With canoneers its clear - chance to hit, but others?

I mean you think with the master boatswain, master helmsman and 5 master/expert deckhands your ship will turn faster or something like this (but its not)

This is really late but...

Cook is -% food. Doctor is faster healing. Navigator is faster travel speed (outside of combat).

Dunno about the actual people on deck. Aside from the cannoneers it seems those are only used to check events?

And there is one crew member with 5 stars total, the one from Brass Citadel.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Deckhands fill up more of the bar when dealing with events such as loose cargo or ripped sails. Also, no deckhands = no turning or advancing.