Everything posted by Gorgon
- STEAM!
-
5-dimensional political test
It's got precious little to do with the president certainly.
-
5-dimensional political test
But Communism is not typically identified with democratic elections. It's not enough to simply throw all the 'pro government', 'pro taxation','pro redistribution', 'anti individual rights' markers together as the test has done and call it Communist.
-
5-dimensional political test
Didn't see a 'should the workers take over the means of production' question. Anyway the point is probably what Americans think Communism is. What is it anyway. Is it what the Soviet union was or what China is. Obamacare, Hugo Chavez ?
-
5-dimensional political test
Unrest comes from the bottom rung, the middle classes help protect the system and the elite both politically and physically. Curiously they (the middle class) have often made the priorities of the rich their own. Logically they should maximise their potential for collective bargaining. I guess they are just not aware of how enormous their power base could be expanded to be.
-
5-dimensional political test
That's not really a hard guess. It's a tiny minority after all.
-
5-dimensional political test
That's the point. It's a normal part of writing psych tests. ~~ Collectivism score: -17% Authoritarianism score: 50% Internationalism score: 0% Tribalism score: 17% Liberalism score: 33% Also, if your answer to 26 is 'yes' then shortly thereafter a white van should appear at your place of work or residence, you should be bundled into the back, then taken from that place unto a place of making seafood flavoured snacks, boiled alive, and used as flavouring. EDIT: Hugely amused at notion that people let a system down. If I make a suspension bridge out of bronze and it breaks, then where does the fault lie? the bronze is the material which will fail. But I am am the ***hole who thought it wouldn't. If there is no suitable option then a perfectly reasonable response would be to not answer the question within the parameters, that makes for a bad test surely. It essentially eliminates a lot of people from the sample. What if those people were representative of... something and their absence from the sample would make it less accurate. You can't fix that by making the sample larger. It's simply a practical consideration for the kinds of comparisons you need to make with the data.
-
5-dimensional political test
I thought support for Israel was universal. Perhaps it's louder with the republicans. Democrats would still answer 'yes' though. Is there anyone of importance that wouldn't ?
-
5-dimensional political test
No, all the mods are not secretly from... damn, too late.
-
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Whoa... you can't remap the keys in DA:I? How much keyboard interaction does it need. DA:O was largely mouse controlled. According to bio forums you can remap keyboard and there's even a post from Alan Schumacher where he states that he remapped the Q and E keys to A and D (and remapped the A and D keys that turned the camera to something else). And there is a thread about it on reddit as well. You can't rebind mouse keys. Here's the manual for the game if anyone is interested: http://d2ro3qwxdn69cl.cloudfront.net/manuals/dragon-age-inquisition-manuals_PC_ww.pdf Tip : Use a macro programmable mouse and you don't have to.
- What are you playing now?
-
The Funny Things Thread
- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Well good riddance to the AAA model then. Much better to create for a more narrowly defined demographic. And by that I mean people who like what I like.- Journalism and sexism in the games industry
I need to know what that is now. Aside from Kits avatar- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
The PS3 got a mod chip ? and that one was supposed to be a fluke. Can't remember. There is none for the current gen of consoles. So I can't say I agree with that.- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
So in a time that everyone is trying to get a foothold on the PC market because consoles are going the way of the Dodo; BioWare bravely goes the other way. "Here lies BioWare, they rode the bull" We need someone to mod chip the new consoles. Only way to get the devs to put the PC platform back on the agenda. Of course they are going to focus on the piracy free platform. Who wouldn't. And down the line of course they are going to do a PC port as well, it's still money right.- Star Wars Episode 7 Thread
These are words that fantasy aficienados should know. Some of the common designations confuse native speakers as well.- 5-dimensional political test
Democrats on immigration, domestic policy, healthcare, social, foreign policy, economic, environmental, and education issues. compare answers 91% Green Party on social, immigration, healthcare, foreign policy, environmental, domestic policy, and education issues. compare answers 76% Socialist on social, domestic policy, environmental, healthcare, and immigration issues. compare answers 69% Libertarians on economic, domestic policy, and social issues. compare answers 30% Republicans on economic and environmental issues. compare answers- Star Wars Episode 7 Thread
Point being that things can never get really interesting because you have to be able to bring your 8 year old daughter. (I have an imaginary 8 year old daughter now, how about that)- Star Wars Episode 7 Thread
Star Wars is never going to be what we want it to be. Disney owns it. It's going to be Pirates of the Caribbean.- Star Wars Episode 7 Thread
I've been wondering about the physics of light sabers and I propose that a certain minimum of pressure has to be applied before it will cut/burn anything. So you could rest the 'blade' on your hand, but if you put the tiniest ammount of force into the motion you would cut off your own hand. The guard would kinda have to be made out of lightsaberish material or it wouldn't be able to block other lightsabers. Also the guard is often used offensively in sword figthing. What's wrong with it is that there is no provision for stopping your hand from moving/slipping towards the dangerous guard while using the weapon. There is also not a continuous barrier of lightsaberish material which would mean that the sword would break the first time someone used the guard to block and the deflected blow landed in the cross section. As far as the overall shape goes, if you can shape light into a basic tube shaped sword, a fancy European style longsword is surely not that far off.- 5-dimensional political test
Too many of the questions represent unrealistic binary choices. I don't even feel comfortable giving them a 'maybe'. If forced, I think I would answer 'it depends' to about 90% of them.- Mouse Recommendations
So yeah, that's not the right thread.- Mouse Recommendations
Too many of the questions represent unrealistic binary choices. I don't even feel comfortable giving them a 'maybe'. If forced, I think I would answer 'it depends' to about 90% of them.- Poor Communication Kills.
Time to move on to other things. - RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS