Everything posted by melkathi
-
Pictures of your games part 2
A small break from the graphically advanced games: Jump Run! Seriously?
-
Is PC gaming dead?
Fantastic argument you have there "I could say, but since you wont be able to guess what I would say if I said it, I don't need to say it and will just say that I know something you don't" But maybe there is a reason you don't want to name them? Maybe its something too embarassing to post... *wanders off to search the internet* Didn't find a good candidate. My search-fu failed me because of the language barrier. There seem to be some strange japanese PC only publishers you could be refering to? But I'll bite: Exclusive PC publishers... NCSoft, Paradox, Kalypso, PerfectWorld. I take it Bohemia Interactive is too small? Meridian4 has 89 titles in their catalogue on PC and 5 on mobile. Focus Home Interactive has mostly PC games with only a few that allow for console also getting a consol version. 1C Company has eight upcomming PC titles and one of them will also be released to XBOX360. Does PopCap release on console? But you are basically only interested in AAA titles, so many PC exclusives don't count. Does the Total War series count as AAA even though its not MMOs?
- What are you playing now?
-
Pictures of your games part 2
Nowadays the game would be praised for its claustrophobic atmosphere
-
Pictures of your games part 2
That brings back memories...
-
Shadowrun Returns
Its the second game I pledged that is comming out. But the first rpg I pledged.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Yeah. That's how I felt. Well they went from base builder RTS to squad control, like a 40k game is supposed to be like. Understandable change imo. It's understandable to make a game like that. What is not 100% understandable is why take a franchise and change it's nature. DoW had had three expansions at that time, creating a very clear image of what DoW was. Then with DoW2 they changed that drastically, to an extent where people who loved the original ran the danger of not just liking it best, but actually hating it. And what a 40k game truly is supposed to be like is turn based, on a tabletop with painted miniatures
- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
But that's hardly something you should make broad generalizations over.. The majority of my male friends and acquaintances play PC games and the the rest play consoles. I think I know maybe 10-20 guys that don't own either. So based on my observations the marked must be absolutely booming I'm still wating for the reply "Almost no one I know in real life has sex anymore"
-
Pictures of your games part 2
Character creator in CO gives a lot more options than the CoH one did. Both game could be called ugly. Most MMOs are. GW2 is pretty, but the options are limited and the writing so corny its not even funny anymore.
-
Pictures of your games part 2
It's a purple elf in randomly thrown together power armour Then I remembered that purple elves aren't all that strange since Warcraft 3... But speaking of purple: Circus: My greatest failure in teh character creator. The tuxedo was optimized for the male model. And while it was unlocked for use on female characters, it clipped badly unless you made your character appear like a pre-teen or a silicon bimbo. The pre-teen felt more wrong, so I had to choose bimbo even though the character was supposed to be all athletic and stuff. battle of the jesters: And BattleBunny, who took a wrong turn at Albuquerque posing after a fight: putting his trust in financial institutions
-
Pictures of your games part 2
Anyways.... I warned in another thread that it would be comming. Champions Online screenshots (may be a few and may be more than one post) My first character: Runner up for ugliest, worst dressed, wierdest character with the biggest shoes, Little Helper: Supporting quality products: filling in for Santa: hanging out with friends at the carnival: in disguise: Amunet, healer extraordinair and Power Pigeon:
-
Pictures of your games part 2
I remember playing the beta and thinking "God this is boring. Am I going to get paid to play this?"
- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
- Neverwinter Online
-
Pictures of your games part 2
It's free, so...
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
I see the changing taste thing. Of course we change. But for me personally I think that while my tastes have changed, Between Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm they probably haven't changed all that much. Then again, I never thought that the original Starcraft had any worthwhile story to begin with
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
The Diablo clone I spend the most time on, far more than on Diablo itself was Sacred. That was nearly matched by my time spend in Sacred 2, where work tore me away for a while and I had a hard time to get back in. I enjoyed Torchlight and Torchlight 2. Enough to make a second character in Torchlight 2, something I never could do in Diablo. So to each their own I quite liked Wings of Liberty as I saw it more as world building for something to be done with the franchise in the future and less as a story to care about. HoS, even though I went in prepared to liek it, having as said liked WoL, I thing was a pile of... I doubt I'll even bother with the 'toss after that.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
I doubt the game "bombed" but at the same time those impressive numbers they are showing don't really tell us anything. Just throwing one "statistic" at people, without giving the whole set of data is useless. All we know now is that over fourteen million battlenet accounts have had a copy of D3 tied to them. Every number they show other than that comes without context - no idea how the whole population is spread among the quarters, no outliers etc. Hell, Steam achievements show more than that At least there you can tell exactly how far how many customers progressed in a game. And then you get 90% getting through the tutorial, 80% gettign through chapter 1and only 60% making it half way through any given game (my numbers totaly made up), while games with launchers have inflated "time spend" counters as what is counted is how long the launcher has been on, which people keep running to patch or maybe forget to turn off after playing. So, good for them (blizzard) with the sales.To the rest of their posing: *shrug*
- Neverwinter Online
-
What you did today
My condolences as well. You know, for what its worth, we'll be here, our silly selves, trying to cheer you up.