Everything posted by BruceVC
-
Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry
I love how you can all of a sudden be dismissive of anonymous threats when the target is right. Some supposed "Bomb Threat". People who can be this hypocritical are just scumbags. You have to admit some of those comments are funny
-
What you having for dinner tonight?
Right I'm making my famous " BruceVC Spaghetti Bolognese " for lunch today I have an excellent bottle of red wine which I'll be cooking with and drinking...or course !!! And I'll be inviting a member of the fairer sex to join me in my Italian festivities ..so the day is looking really good
-
What you did today
I rock..I'm sorry, I have to say this Today I embraced the difficult art of DIY and managed to change a light bulb in my room..but it wasn't any ordinary light bulb I had to unscrew the cover over the actual bulb which was positioned in a precarious position....but I said to myself "what would Gfted1 do " .."would he let a dangerous light bulb undermine all his DIY efforts and history " ...NEVER !!! So I changed the bulb despite the risk ..yeah as I said ...." I rock"
-
Boxing : Mayweather vs Pacquiao
Geez...that list is depressing...I didn't realize it was quite that bad
-
Boxing : Mayweather vs Pacquiao
I wasn't aware of that, I am not huge supporter of boxing so I don't know the history of all the boxers . Very disappointing....very disappointing
-
Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry
Volo you know what always amuses me about this thread, the constant contradictions I see you guys making. In the beginning you at least use to try to defend it or explain it ...now its just blatant and seems to lack any compunction Two of my favorite ones are " We at GG are opposed to censorship and believe in free speech....but we want companies to pull advertising from the likes of Kotaku and Gamasutra in the hope these websites close down because we don't like what they say about GG" "We don't like generalizations about GG, generalizations are wrong. Yet all SJW are Nazis and because there was a bomb hoax at the GG conference this just confirms that anti-GG is like ISIS ( so now because of a bomb hoax the whole of anti-GG which consists of tens of thousands of people is like a brutal and outdated extremist group that chops off peoples heads and crucifies its opponents.....hyperbole anyone ? ) But you guys are very entertaining...so keep up the laughs Just gonna say to the first point, Technically, that's not censorship. Censorship is them asking for the government or somebody else coming in to shut them down for saying what they're saying. Pulling Ads is saying "Oh, you can say it, you just might not get money for saying it!" Sure you right about definition of what censorship means But free speech? These websites are openly opposed to GG and people on this thread want these websites to go out of business...how do you reconcile that when you say " I believe in free speech" ? So we only really believe in the principle of free speech when the free speech supports our views?
-
Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry
Volo you know what always amuses me about this thread, the constant contradictions I see you guys making. In the beginning you at least use to try to defend it or explain it ...now its just blatant and seems to lack any compunction Two of my favorite ones are " We at GG are opposed to censorship and believe in free speech....but we want companies to pull advertising from the likes of Kotaku and Gamasutra in the hope these websites close down because we don't like what they say about GG" "We don't like generalizations about GG, generalizations are wrong. Yet all SJW are Nazis and because there was a bomb hoax at the GG conference this just confirms that anti-GG is like ISIS ( so now because of a bomb hoax the whole of anti-GG which consists of tens of thousands of people is like a brutal and outdated extremist group that chops off peoples heads and crucifies its opponents.....hyperbole anyone ? ) But you guys are very entertaining...so keep up the laughs
-
Boxing : Mayweather vs Pacquiao
Agreed. And that's not a knock on the fight. (the fight was actually fairly entertaining). It's just that The level of hype for this fight was surrealistically high. Had it lived up to the hype it would have had to have been the greatest fight ever. And someone would have had to have died at the end of the 12th round or something. But again, It's was fairly good, even if it lacked the Drama of Ali-Frazier or the brutality of Hagler-Hearns. And more importantly, it was *decisive*. None of that bad scoring, premature-stoppage nonsense that often plagues big fights. Instead, we got 2 guys with contrasting styles, who fought the way they typically do, and we found out who wins such a match up. And really, That's all I personally wanted from this fight. For the better part of a decade we've been debating the topic of "who would win between Pacquaio and Mayweather" and tonight we found out. And, a sidenote. Mayweather is a better fighter than most people give him credit for. A lot of people don't like him because they think he's "boring". But for me, I've grown to admire his style. His defensive skills are almost non-human, and from a student's point of view It's neat to watch him make his opponents miss by a mile....or by an inches....constantly. The thing is that his style doesn't win the crowd an it doesn't lead to any decisive victory, so people get to talk **** because it is unclear who won. Technical wins might as well be draws since no one will accept the judge's decision unless it gives them a reason to brag. That said Mayweather is overrated and the fight should had gone on longer, we should go back to the times of no round limit and have them fight until a decisive conclusion. Yeah I was hoping for something dramatic, like a KO from Pacquiao.But it was wishful thinking But as others mentioned Mayweather boxed strategically, it wasn't suppose to be exciting Also I have never seen boxers being so complimentary to each other....whats the world coming to where boxers keep telling each other " how tough there opponent is "...SJ influence methinks
-
Boxing : Mayweather vs Pacquiao
Meh....I don't know...was the fight what you expected? I'm a little disappointed .......
-
Boxing : Mayweather vs Pacquiao
So far Pacquiao is holding his own..also the boxers seem rather friendly to each other, unusual but nice to see
-
Boxing : Mayweather vs Pacquiao
Okay who is watching? Its about to start, I am not an avid boxing fan but I do watch the big matches like this one Predictions for who will win? I want Pacquiao to win as I see him as the underdog
-
Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry
I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive That's what censorship is Bruce. I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive That's what censorship is. Sure but my description just sounds more palatable
-
Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry
I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive
- Witch hunt in Erope
-
What you did today
Sounds like a great evening, nice one
-
Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry
I did and I recall a few others doing so, indeed as I remember many stated that she should not have cancelled one of her speeches for bogus reasons as well. She has a perfect right to speak whatever Mr McIntosh had prepared for her. Oh yeah Nonek, you are a huge supporter of Anita....we all know that
-
Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry
The community radio station in my hometown was bombed by the Klan twice because they didn't like what was being broadcast. It was before my time, but this looks similar to me. I think it was you who said the anti-gamers had more respect for ISIS because they were like them, looks like you were more right than we thought. Pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....no more theatrics and drama..I don't think I can take it anymore. Was a real bomb found or was it a hoax?
-
Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry
No Nonek, your interpretation of what she is saying is lacking...very lacking You can't compare the dead soldier to the grief of surviving family members..the dead soldier is now dead and no longer has feelings, you accept that right? So all that is now left is the residual emotional impact from his death..and only the living will experience that. And everything they are going through is because they loved him. So I'm not sure how you can see this as something "lucky" ..its not a question of luck. There are no lucky people here Nonek...people are grieving There are just different degrees of loss..surly you can empathize with that? So how do you feel about the guy who comes home without his legs, eh? This whole discussion is beyond stupid. What kind of question is that I would treat him with absolute respect and admiration...he was prepared to sacrifice himself for his country. He deserves all the support from society he needs ... I'm getting trolled here, surely? Why do I even bother... No you are not being trolled, I'm sorry you feel that way. My point I thought was obvious and unequivocal Hilary Clinton is making figurative point that is relevant, the families of dead soldiers are also victims. Of course they are, she is not saying the soldiers who get killed are now suddenly not victims. She doesn't need to say that, that is obvious
-
Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry
No Nonek, your interpretation of what she is saying is lacking...very lacking You can't compare the dead soldier to the grief of surviving family members..the dead soldier is now dead and no longer has feelings, you accept that right? So all that is now left is the residual emotional impact from his death..and only the living will experience that. And everything they are going through is because they loved him. So I'm not sure how you can see this as something "lucky" ..its not a question of luck. There are no lucky people here Nonek...people are grieving There are just different degrees of loss..surly you can empathize with that? So how do you feel about the guy who comes home without his legs, eh? This whole discussion is beyond stupid. What kind of question is that I would treat him with absolute respect and admiration...he was prepared to sacrifice himself for his country. He deserves all the support from society he needs
-
Grand Theft Auto V - PC Thread
Tell them to leave early because you are suffering from an obscure and reoccurring STD ?? That always works when you want people to leave quickly
-
Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry
No Nonek, your interpretation of what she is saying is lacking...very lacking You can't compare the dead soldier to the grief of surviving family members..the dead soldier is now dead and no longer has feelings, you accept that right? So all that is now left is the residual emotional impact from his death..and only the living will experience that. And everything they are going through is because they loved him. So I'm not sure how you can see this as something "lucky" ..its not a question of luck. There are no lucky people here Nonek...people are grieving There are just different degrees of loss..surly you can empathize with that?
-
Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry
No one likes a smartass TN, you know thats not what the quote means A women at home has to survive knowing her son, husband, father or any other male in her life is now dead...gone for forever, killed on the battlefield. And the dead person doesn't feel any more sorrow..they dead Of course this is true, the grief of family members will always be severe, real and implacable. But I would think this extends to all family members, like dads, who have lost family members
- UK election special
-
Looting and Rioting in Baltimore
You assume wrong. By acknowledging that it's a problem of a police force first and foremost serving itself (rather than the people), aided by laws and regulations that give officers far too high of a special status and legal privileges above "normal" citizens, the political left might find themselves faced with inconvenient questions about why they don't rally for (and where they are in power, enact) political change in that regard (which they don't want to, because it would conflict with their long-term dream of an all-powerful government apparatus centrally managing the lives and livelihoods of a submissive citizenry stripped of individual power). On the other hand if they can spin the issue as "systemic racism by white people (except of course themselves)", they can feel all good and heroic about themselves and engage in symbolic action and moral grandstanding ("raising awareness", "addressing issues") without actually having to enact any political and legal change (because there's nothing that laws could change). So that's exactly how they're gonna keep spinning it. Interesting points raised. I do think this seems to be a systemic issue within the police force as you mentioned and not institutionalized racism by the police...and of course I won't deny there are elements of racism or rather racial profiling. But don't you think any Police force does need certain elevated privileges in society in order to do there job when it comes to dealing with violence? So for example when the Police can use deadly force is not the same as a normal citizen?
- UK election special