Everything posted by Raithe
- Politics Episode 7: Remake of Episode 4
-
What you did today
Voted. The grand UK election, where votes come down via a process of elimination rather then having someone I actually wanted to vote for. "I can't vote for them because their policies are ****. I can't vote for these guys because the leadership is dodgy. I can't vote for these because they're intolerant jackasses. I can't vote for the others because they're so damn wishy washy and have no connection to real life. Oh, that leaves this political party who are just meh."
-
Movies You've Seen Recently
One thing to take into consideration, it's basically the launch film for the "Dark Monster Universe" franchise, or whatever they're calling it. So they'll be doing updated reboots of Frankenstein, Werewolf, etc and they'll all be part and parcel of the same world and connected together. One of the reasons they have the "secret monster/evil hunting society" is to help establish it all.
- Music. Must. Go on!
-
Movies You've Seen Recently
It doesn't have to be funny. But if it's serious, it should also try to establish characters and build some sense of suspense/horror in there. While I'm trying to not allow myself to biased before personally seeing it, what I am picking up from the surge of reviews is too much of a "This gets by on Tom Cruise doing Mission Impossible style action sequence after action sequence at a frantic pace" rather than story telling.
-
Movies You've Seen Recently
Kind of sad to hear that with the embargo gone, the majority of reviews about the new The Mummy are not that favourable. A lot of "too much MI action sequence after action sequence, not enough actual character time and horror/adventure".
-
Movies You've Seen Recently
For the randm movie trivia stuff... 30 Things we learned from the John Wick 2 commentary
-
What's so funny right now?
- Pathfinder CRPG with Avellone and without Obsidian announced
If they actually use the Pathfinder ruleset, it's more like a modified DnD3.5. Dang. Sniped.- What you did today
Helping out at one of the local charity shops and going through a batch of donated books to sort. Found myself buried in 70's Romance-Erotica for women. Oh. My. God. The plotlines and heroines were just.. No words abound. I wonder how feminism actually made it through that time period.- Politics Episode 7: Remake of Episode 4
It's being a pretty shambolic Election so far from all parties here in the UK. The Tories keep falling one way, Labour another, the party leaders are pretty much unlikeable and have things to heartily loathe for various reasons. After her latest screw-up, Diane Abbott has decided to "take a break to recover from stress and overwork" on the day before the election. I would really appreciate it if we could get someone I could vote FOR, rather then keep ending up in a position of having to choose who I'm voting AGAINST.- What's so funny right now?
- What's so funny right now?
- What's so funny right now?
To just go for the lowbrow humour...- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
22 years, 3 developers, only 2 games - The fascinating history of the Prey series- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
I'd rather have a new game with the old graphics, but I'll take that. As long as they manage to hold back on "improving" the actual gameplay I'm down for this as changing the gameplay of a classic is always risky and more likey than not controversial. That said I'd love, love, love a "fixed version" of KotOR2 with improved graphics (as in, with the cut content put back in so the ending at least makes some semblance of sense). Well there is a fan-mod "fixed version" with the old graphics - Just in case you had missed it: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/- The Weird, Random, and Interesting things that Fit Nowhere Else Thread
For a report from last year... Scientists explain the ultimate earworm and what makes songs addictive- What's so funny right now?
- What's so funny right now?
Chris Hemsworth Beats Up Avengers Toys- Music. Must. Go on!
- Movies You've Seen Recently
Okay, I missed this promo being out, but something about the sheer cheese amused me.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLlwgBuKymo- What's so funny right now?
I have to admit, Steam's been doing a thing lately where it crashes, but the process stays running and refuses to be ended. Then it'll hang on shutdown/reboot until I do a manual reboot.- What's so funny right now?
- What's so funny right now?
- The Weird, Random, and Interesting things that Fit Nowhere Else Thread
Children now face fines if they don't get a permit to mow grass for money Edit: And yes, I know it's like a town of 14,000 or so and not widespread across America, but it's still a mixture of blink and eye roll over it happening. - Pathfinder CRPG with Avellone and without Obsidian announced
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.