Everything posted by Bartimaeus
-
Politics - Episode 9: The Lurking Fear
Was he actually staring at it for a bit (i.e. more than maybe a second at most), or was it just a quick look? Most people probably took a quick look at it at some point...I think I saw his wife look without the glasses for a couple of seconds, and a bunch of dummies on TV were doing worse than that.
-
What you did today
I, on the other hand, wish that I had been blind when the ABC coverage of the eclipse showed now-66-year-old Bonnie Taylor wearing something that would be very difficult to classify as a shirt.
-
What are you playing right now?
If you don't have air conditioning for whatever reasons, though, it can make playing games too miserable to bother with. Alternatively, if your air conditioning isn't quite good enough to handle the hottest parts of summer...
-
The Music Listening thread
- What you did today
Thanks. That makes it my sister, my dad, my grandpa, and my uncle who have all died in roughly the last 365 days. At least my grandpa (just barely) did not have to bury his son...my grandmother, on the other hand...- What you did today
My dad died two days ago, I've just learned. This has been a very bad, no good last 365 days.- NFL 2017-2018 Season
Well, hopefully it actually does something. Tackling since the latest CBA (i.e. since teams started getting hard limits on how much and what kind of practicing they can do) has taken a real nose dive league-wide...- Politics - Episode 9: The Lurking Fear
Fast food joints?- NFL 2017-2018 Season
NFLPA's response to the Zeke allegations: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/897884477984256001 We are so going to have a lockout in 2020.- NFL 2017-2018 Season
Yeah, I looked at more of their errors. Seems like an unusual amount, even for a local news station. In regards to the tattoos, I think I heard it summed up elsewhere best: the Chargers want you to get something permanent of them...right after they move cities. Hmm.- NFL 2017-2018 Season
You can link to a specific tweet by clicking on the tweet in question (as it will update the URL), FYI.- Politics - Episode 9: The Lurking Fear
It's because of me or others that are on moderation. Our posts don't show up until mod approves them and they show up in place where we made them instead of at bottom. Oh I see. Thought the thread was bugging out and I know you guys make new politics threads occasionally because the thread bugged out. Alternatively, if you posted a quick reply (...which is what almost everyone does these days, I think) after somebody else posted, it would show that it's at the bottom of the current page...even if it's actually at the top of the next page: it won't move until you refresh/re-enter the thread, I am pretty sure. However, since you were replying to Katphood (the last post on that previous page), then I think unless you just happened to hit the "new post" button that sometimes pops up when there's a new post, that probably wasn't the case. Basically, it seems like under certain circumstances, it locally (i.e. on your side) thinks it should make the cut for that page, and shows it there...but it actually isn't.- What's so funny right now?
- Steam, Playstaion Network and other digital distribution platforms...
The Steam controller gives you more options for using a gamepad with different types of games a normal gamepad wouldn't work so well with (albeit it's somewhat difficult to master), but for anything where a regular gamepad seems to already work well with, or if you don't have a need to use a gamepad to begin with (i.e. you're sitting at a desk with mouse and keyboard), you're pretty unlikely to find too much of a use for the Steam controller. Easy to recommend if you like playing games on your TV but want to expand the amount/types of games you can play, easy to not recommend if you're just sitting at your PC.- Steam, Playstaion Network and other digital distribution platforms...
Similarly, for years now I've had the issue where if I accidentally press the xbox symbol on my 360 controller, it launches Big Picture for no gosh danged reason: I've never used big picture mode except by accident, and I've never paired a controller or anything like that. Please stop, Steam.- GRIMOIRE has arrived
At least when Volourn posts, it's generally succinct and to the point...more or less. He also doesn't play the victim card whenever his nonsense is pointed out...instead, he just argues even harder with ever-increasing levels of hyperbole.- NFL 2017-2018 Season
But it's much easier to judge now based on limited information and previous screw-ups by the NFL...- GRIMOIRE has arrived
No, I believe that was Terminator (...suddenly, I can't help but think that the username isn't coincidence). Mr. Mage here is slightly more advanced than that.- NFL 2017-2018 Season
Zeke has 3 days to appeal, and the general guideline is that a decision comes within 10 days. For an investigation that's lasted this bloody long, I doubt they'd take more than that. However, like Gromnir said, he might get it down to 4, maybe even 3.- NFL 2017-2018 Season
Ezekiel Elliot announcement expected tomorrow. In other news, QUIT HURTING EACH OTHER IN THE PRESEASON YOU BOZOS- AMD Ryzen
I would have liked to see more single-threaded performance benchmarks: there were only two. Of course 32 threads is likely to beat 20 threads in tasks that actually take advantage of a huge amount of threads...but the reality is that most things that aren't synthetic benchmarks aren't really equipped to handle even close to that many threads...- What are you playing right now?
If you go to the steam community hub of a broken game, usually the top posts will have fixes for that sort of thing, assuming it's at least mildly popular. Unfortunately, people have to fix some of Steam's games since Valve really just doesn't give a crap about curating its games or making sure that they work.- NFL 2017-2018 Season
already in one, and not sure that I could handle being in two, but maybe if other people were interested on a side-note, I think it's generally considered that nfl.com is the worst fantasy football site, while yahoo is, weirdly enough, the best, followed by espn- Steam, Playstaion Network and other digital distribution platforms...
and the off-rail train disaster that is steam's storefront keeps rolling on- Music. Must. Go on!
- What you did today
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.