Fallout 3

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

I hate FO3.

There, I said it. No rational reason for it whatsoever. Haven't played it. Don't intend to. I am a bitter old skull :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Your loss by the sounds of it :)

Play L4D with me then!

I wish I had time to check it out, but once I finish The Witcher EE, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky is up next for presumably quite a while. Anyway, I better leave the podium here for those who do appreciate Fallout 3.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hey Bok, what's up with the blue HUD?

I hate FO3.

There, I said it. No rational reason for it whatsoever. Haven't played it. Don't intend to. I am a bitter old skull :)

Hahaha, at least you're honest about it.

I wish I had time to check it out, but once I finish The Witcher EE, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky is up next for presumably quite a while.
Clear Sky is great, a much better shooter than FO3, but it's not really a RPG. I recommend getting a weapon tweak mod or two, though...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky is up next for presumably quite a while.

you're dissing Fallout 3, but you're looking forward to STALKER: Clear Sky?

dude, have you even read any of the reviews for Clear Sky?

it's supposed to suck compared to the original and Fallout 3 is a better game than the original STALKER.

dumber than a bag of hammers

+

Atmosphere

Humour

Performance

Skills/perks and their effect on gameplay

Above normal variation in how to go about quests/the game in general

Combat

Replayability

-

Engine stability at release

NPC animations

Bleakness of landscape (but it does contribute to atmosphere, just isn't a place I want to be all the time)

Length of critical path.

+

Atmosphere

Humour

Performance

Combat

Replayability

-

NPC animations

Bleakness of landscape (but it does contribute to atmosphere, just isn't a place I want to be all the time)

Length of critical path.

Nice and concise summary for those of us who haven't had the chance to play it yet - thanks!

+

Atmosphere

Humour

Performance

Combat

Replayability

-

NPC animations

Length of critical path.

Nice and concise summary for those of us who haven't had the chance to play it yet - thanks!

Are you crazy? The landscape is dead on

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

+

Atmosphere

Humour

Performance

Combat

Replayability

-

NPC animations

Length of critical path.

Are you crazy? The landscape is dead on

OK, OK - as I said I haven't played the game yet.

I'm a friend to animals now, and a whole family of molerats helped me take on an annoying horde of robots.

Hahaha :lol: are you being serious?

Yep, it's made exploration pretty interesting. I have a lot less stuff attacking me as I wander the wastes, and when those weird zombie wolf things come to my aid against raiders, they can be very effective. I'm also saving on ammo!

Agree with Kalniel except for the landscape part. They got it dead on!

My charisma was too low for the animal friend perk. :lol: Didn't get the mysterious stranger either.

I pretty much spent all of my perks and skills making a Doctor/Scientist, choosing perks like entomologist, daddy's boy, comprehension, robotics expert and nerd rage. Entomologist and robotics expert added some cool dialogue options when dealing with certain quests.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Yep, it's made exploration pretty interesting. I have a lot less stuff attacking me as I wander the wastes, and when those weird zombie wolf things come to my aid against raiders, they can be very effective. I'm also saving on ammo!
Yeah, Animal Friend definitely sounds neat. Do you know if it affects the nastier critters (Yao Guai, Mirelurk Hunter)?

The downside is that those are a big chunk of the XP you get while wandering aimlessly...

Yeah, Animal Friend definitely sounds neat. Do you know if it affects the nastier critters (Yao Guai, Mirelurk Hunter)?

The downside is that those are a big chunk of the XP you get while wandering aimlessly...

XP and leveling aren't really issues if you spend even a moderate time exploring. The level cap is actually coming on too quickly for me, and I'm usually someone who never hits level caps. I'm at level 14 right now and I'm actively avoiding the main quest line :D

Yao Guai are friendly and very helpful. I haven't run into a Mirelurk to test it out. Insects still attack, so radscorpions are still a pain. I haven't seen a Deathclaw in a bit, so that will be interesting.

I feel dirty for

leading that little kid out of Lamplight into slavery

Oh, and I finally found DOGMEAT!! In Scrapyard. Is their any way to heal him?

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta