Patch 1.1.5.1 Incoming!

Hey everyone, 

Just wanted to let you all know that we will be releasing a tiny little patch very soon. We made some changes to the tutorial to increase your chances to succeeding!

Tutorial

• Modified Tutorial
  • No longer will run out of Blessings
  • Less likely to fail dice rolls that might cause progression blocks.

As always we'll be checking the technical support forums on release of the patch for any and all feedback you all provide. Thank you all for making the launch of Pathfinder Adventures be an awesome one and we look forward to bringing you more content as soon as we can!

Cynical theory: the tutorial drives people in to buy the game so that's very important. The people stuck on scenario 5 have already paid and are too deeply invested to bail now.

Less cynical theory: this patch is what was being worked on when Deck 5 was being tested for release so it was ready early. The current issues are still being researched and don't have fixes ready

• Like 2

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

Less cynical theory: this patch is what was being worked on when Deck 5 was being tested for release so it was ready early. The current issues are still being researched and don't have fixes ready

Most likely, or even longer. The upgrade to tutorial was mentioned a long time ago, but has not been released so far. Most likely because dev hav been busy with some bugs. Hopefully They have expanded the tutorial, so that new players get wider tour to the game and UI.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

We believe we may have a Sins fix in the near future.  I would like to say it will be out before Deck 6 (yes, we are still working on content), but we sort of want to not break the rest of the game...

The tutorial was something we could do quickly while still working on that issue.  It isn't a real reboot of the tutorial, which is still incoming, but it helps the new players stick around instead of dumping us for Fruit Ninja.

• Like 3

It has been a long time since quest mode has been updated.  Something above level 40, so we could use new deck cards, would be really nice.

A fix for Barl Breakbone seems to be in order too.  Fighting him three times is getting old.

I will probably do a quick blog post tomorrow or maybe just a post to the forums to go over a few things...

Like the status of Quest Mode, Thessalonian Sins bug (narrowing it down to Pride Location-Forced Move-Recharge-a-card-breakgame), fixing missing Roles, Deck 6, and most importantly, the Banana "Bundle".

I've been wanting to do it for a while but Mikey keeps talking me out of it.

-F

• Like 1

Since this week is Thanksgiving in the US, I'm guessing no patch until next week at the earliest.

Would a banana be an item or an ally?  Or just a ranged weapon?

At best, next week for a patch.  That particular Thessalonian bug is actually a beast to fix.

I have been asked by team members on when we are going to do a banana card. I would like to think of it as an Item that would be used for evasion but after dealing with Ordikon issues, I would like it to one-shot him (and only him) instead.

• Like 3

Let me see...

Banana

-Comick

-Slapstip

-evade

-fruit

Drop banana to location. Roll d6. 1-2: a random character in that location is moved to random other location. 3-4: bane in the location is moved to random other location. 5-6: First card that is drawn from the location deck is automatically evaded.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

I will probably do a quick blog post tomorrow or maybe just a post to the forums to go over a few things...

Like the status of Quest Mode, Thessalonian Sins bug (narrowing it down to Pride Location-Forced Move-Recharge-a-card-breakgame), fixing missing Roles, Deck 6, and most importantly, the Banana "Bundle".

-F

Aarik is out today, so I will do an official blog when we are all back next week.  

However, I will do an abridged version for now.

Quest Mode - We were trying to develop this mode at the same time as our decks.  We couldn't keep up (imagine the space of time between decks 3 and 4).  We will be coming back to it after Deck 6 and PC but it might be having some changes.  I will detail that in the blog.

Thessalonian Sins (5.4) - We haven't fixed it yet.  We are almost certain it is because of the Pride location and closing it with a cornered boss.  There is something screwy going on with the Must Move and forced Recharge.  I blame Ordikon.

Missing Roles - We have this fixed and it will be in the next release.  I will detail this a bit more in the blog.

Deck 6 - It is going well, it will be out before...  I shouldn't put a date on this.  I always get in trouble.  To heck with it, before Christmas.  I am not going to say how much before but you guys might be seeing a pattern of us not releasing right before a holiday or (because we hate working weekends) on a Friday. 1.1.4, 1.1.4.1, 1.1.4.2 lerned us up gud.

Banana Bundle - We'll do something.  Prior to 1.1.4 I honestly had a picture of Deck 4 (with a banana) and a hidden message in the screenshot with a release date.  Heard about the Sombra backlash and Mikey thought better of it. 

And Now...

Multiplayer - We are going to remove that button until we have something besides "Coming Soon".  Much like Quest Mode we don't have the bandwidth to do new content and another mode at the same time and keep a decent schedule.  So we are focusing on Deck 6 first (which actually IS coming soon).

• Like 3

-F

Aarik is out today, so I will do an official blog when we are all back next week.  

However, I will do an abridged version for now.

Quest Mode - We were trying to develop this mode at the same time as our decks.  We couldn't keep up (imagine the space of time between decks 3 and 4).  We will be coming back to it after Deck 6 and PC but it might be having some changes.  I will detail that in the blog.

Thessalonian Sins (5.4) - We haven't fixed it yet.  We are almost certain it is because of the Pride location and closing it with a cornered boss.  There is something screwy going on with the Must Move and forced Recharge.  I blame Ordikon.

Missing Roles - We have this fixed and it will be in the next release.  I will detail this a bit more in the blog.

Deck 6 - It is going well, it will be out before...  I shouldn't put a date on this.  I always get in trouble.  To heck with it, before Christmas.  I am not going to say how much before but you guys might be seeing a pattern of us not releasing right before a holiday or (because we hate working weekends) on a Friday. 1.1.4, 1.1.4.1, 1.1.4.2 lerned us up gud.

Banana Bundle - We'll do something.  Prior to 1.1.4 I honestly had a picture of Deck 4 (with a banana) and a hidden message in the screenshot with a release date.  Heard about the Sombra backlash and Mikey thought better of it. 

And Now...

Multiplayer - We are going to remove that button until we have something besides "Coming Soon".  Much like Quest Mode we don't have the bandwidth to do new content and another mode at the same time and keep a decent schedule.  So we are focusing on Deck 6 first (which actually IS coming soon).

Thanks for the update.  My guess is that it's hard to provide such updates (especially with delivery dates) because people keep reading them as promises, instead of targets/intentions.  Too bad about quest mode though, I've found that more interesting to replay than the original adventures.

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

@Flounder: dude, those are some painful decisions! Ouch! But though I'm bitterly disappointed that I won't be playing Quest Mode at level 40+ until at least 2017, I respect the decision and I appreciate the fact that a grown up decision has been made. I've frequently said "focus on getting it right" so I can hardly carp when that's exactly what you do :biggrin:

My only issue is how I'm going to farm enough gold to pay for AP6 - farming is no fun if it only generates gold. I guess I'll have to start 11 new characters to progress the other roles that I didn't take.

• Like 1