Canadian Federal Election 2015

Oerwinde

Well, was playing along with the joke, after all you did state it was to "kinda decide stuff", so there's enough vagueness to allow for formal stuff.

Really though, you picked the Leafs ? That talk of them being Canada's team is kind of bunk these days.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I thought that it was the Montreal Canadiens that were the ones doing public elections through stampades, or was it the Canucks? Now I am all confused.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, was playing along with the joke, after all you did state it was to "kinda decide stuff", so there's enough vagueness to allow for formal stuff.

Really though, you picked the Leafs ? That talk of them being Canada's team is kind of bunk these days.

we lived south o' buffalo for awhile.  leafs were, at the time, kanadas' team... all the more so in the geographic area near to Gromnir.

and we thought it were obvious that Gromnir were no more serious than you.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

we lived south o' buffalo for awhile.  leafs were, at the time, kanadas' team... all the more so in the geographic area near to Gromnir.

HA! Good Fun!

Of course you were joking, that was obvious ...and it was funny  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

HA! Good Fun!

I think they were called that, or at least CBC tried to market them as such. Perhaps as they were an Anglo original six team, that's how it came about. They're useless jokes though, shame the franchise won't shut down and everyone in the organization is deported someday.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

you guys have elections? we always kinda figured that once a year y'all agreed to go to the same bar after a leaf's game to kinda decide stuff.

HA! Good Fun!

:lol:

I am of the opinion that Canada should just become part of the great and noble USA ....you guys do share a border and you are very influenced by the USA so what have you got to lose...think of the superior military you will gain ? :teehee:

No way. Canada was settled by the people who wanted nothing to do with the US or were chased out by the Patriots. Then we confederated as a country because we were afraid of being absorbed into the US in the aftermath of the civil war. Our history has been one big eff you to being American, not going to stop now. Plus we would have to abandon the monarchy and become a republic. Imagine, a greasy self serving politician as our head of state instead of the classy wonderful Queen we have. Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

you guys have elections? we always kinda figured that once a year y'all agreed to go to the same bar after a leaf's game to kinda decide stuff.

HA! Good Fun!

:lol:

I am of the opinion that Canada should just become part of the great and noble USA ....you guys do share a border and you are very influenced by the USA so what have you got to lose...think of the superior military you will gain ? :teehee:

No way. Canada was settled by the people who wanted nothing to do with the US or were chased out by the Patriots. Then we confederated as a country because we were afraid of being absorbed into the US in the aftermath of the civil war. Our history has been one big eff you to being American, not going to stop now. Plus we would have to abandon the monarchy and become a republic. Imagine, a greasy self serving politician as our head of state instead of the classy wonderful Queen we have.

But you personally, if you could vote to get Canada to  join the USA would you support it ?

I know this will never happen, I am just interested in your view. So weigh up the overall benefits from the possibly misplaced patriotism. Because my experience has  been most of you Canadians don't seem that patriotic...for example Malc and Volo don't even support your country in sport....so you may as well just become part of the USA if you don't really care about things like national identity ? 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I wouldn't support it. While Canadian culture has heavy american influences, it has heavy British influences too. Most Canadians I know feel more of a kinship with Australia and New Zealand than we do with the US. The lack of Canadian patriotism comes more from a desire not to seem arrogant like the US rather than a lack of passion for our country.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

I wouldn't support it. While Canadian culture has heavy american influences, it has heavy British influences too. Most Canadians I know feel more of a kinship with Australia and New Zealand than we do with the US. The lack of Canadian patriotism comes more from a desire not to seem arrogant like the US rather than a lack of passion for our country.

Interesting perspective, I never thought about it like that in regards to the lack of patriotism I see from some Canadian forum members 

John Milton 

Apparently the Cons extended copyright to 70 years after death to "save" things from Public Domain.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Who do you guys typically vote for ? 

This applies to any Canadian citizens like Volo, Malc and Oerwinde 

John Milton 

Apparently the Cons extended copyright to 70 years after death to "save" things from Public Domain.

That's dumb.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That's dumb.

That is similar change (from 50 to 70) that lobbyists of media corporations drive through in EU, so that it would be same as in USA. It was also one of USA's requisites for Transatlantic Free Trade Area negotiations. Cynical part of me would guess that similar reason can be found behind Canada's change also.

Green or NDP.

• Like 1

I tend to go between NDP and Liberal, depending on the platform and the leader.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

That's dumb.

That is similar change (from 50 to 70) that lobbyists of media corporations drive through in EU, so that it would be same as in USA. It was also one of USA's requisites for Transatlantic Free Trade Area negotiations. Cynical part of me would guess that similar reason can be found behind Canada's change also.

USA wants to push their nonsense laws on the rest of the world. Makes sense.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Oops, didn't mean to post this here. Where's the delete button!? :(

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Oops, didn't mean to post this here. Where's the delete button!? :(

There is no going back!  You are now a registered Canadian and are expected to vote, watch Ice Hockey, and drink maple syrup directly from the tree.

• Like 2

Eh, I'm originally from Minnesota, anyways. Moving a little more north would hardly make a difference. :p Unless I actually have to watch hockey: I can't make myself do that. :skull:  And while we're at it, I don't particularly like maple syrup or voting, either... :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Minnesota and Vermont are basically Canada anyway.

Devastatorsig.jpg

http://globalnews.ca/video/2078338/extended-conservative-campaign-spokesman-kory-teneycke-defends-use-of-isis-video-in-recent-attack-ad

Conservative spokesperson claims Conservative attack ads are better than news because they're truthful.

Lead up starts at around 3:30 in the video.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So your politicians are idiots too. We have so much in common.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

For some reason, i started to think about this: 

13fd3115293047eb8ea934549922fc05.jpg

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

For some reason, i started to think about this: 

13fd3115293047eb8ea934549922fc05.jpg

Does that make Mexico shoes or pants?