Canadian Federal Election 2015

Oerwinde

New ads

Liberal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdFxaKNd6xc

Conservative:

NDP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpSLtS0Jlis

The NDP also had one that used audio of Stephen Harper singing With A Little Help From My Friends while showing him with all the Conservative members who have been accused or convicted of various crimes. It got pulled due to a copyright complaint.

Also, The Con ad complaining about Mulcair being a career politian is pretty hyprocritical considering Stephen Harper was only employed as a mailroom clerk for 2 years before entering politics in his 20s.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

2nd leadership debate last night. Elizabeth May was not invited so she live-tweeted throughout, responding to the questions and the responses of the other candidates.

NDP say they clearly won, Conservatives say they clearly won, everyone else says Trudeau won. I tend to agree, though the clear loser was the moderator, who did a terrible job. It likely won't make a difference in the election like the Consortium one usually does(which usually gets 4 times as many viewers as the Stanley Cup playoffs) as I doubt many canadians tuned into a live Youtube debate.

edit, I was right. Consortium debate usually gets about 10 million viewers. Globe and Mail debate last night got 300k on Youtube.

Though I doubt anyone is curious enough to sit through it, here is the debate

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Local Liberal candidate came knocking today. First time a candidate has ever knocked on my door. This is the 3rd election I've been at this address and I have never seen Nina Grewal (conservative MP for my riding) knock on my door. Thats points in his favour, though I'm pretty much decided to vote Liberal anyway. Conservatives are a no, they were never an option for me. NDP have been a tad disappointing, though they have announced a national pharmacare plan which is a good thing. Liberals are in first place now with 32%, NDP at 31%, and Cons at 28%, with the Greens picking up most of the rest. So its not likely that anyone will get a majority unless the Liberals can pick it up. They started the election with 26% so they could take it. Need something like 38% for a majority. I'd like a Liberal lead coalition with the NDP ideally, but Harper had a big media campaign to poison the idea of coalition governments before proroguing parliament last time the opposition parties tried to topple the Con minority government and set up a Liberal/NDP/Bloc coalition.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Rather surprised the niqab issue actually matters. I guess most people assume they don't have to ID themselves as part of the whole citizenship ceremony rather than just them wearing it when taking the oath.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

While I feel the niqab has no place in a modern western nation, the courts found banning it is a violation of the right of freedom of expression, and Harper is continuing to waste taxpayer dollars fighting petty battles in the courts to try to deny people rights.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yep, as long as they take it off to identify themselves when needed - which I've yet to hear any objection to, no big deal.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

People should be allowed to cover themselves as much as they want.

At the same time, businesses (especially security-sensitive ones like banks) should be allowed to have house rules that forbid guests to enter the premises with their faces covered.

I thought those things would seem obvious to most people? What is there to discuss?

Edited by Ineth
  • Like 1

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

People should be allowed to cover themselves as much as they want.

At the same time, businesses (especially security-sensitive ones like banks) should be allowed to have house rules that forbid guests to enter the premises with their faces covered.

I thought those things would seem obvious to most people? What is there to discuss?

The conservatives passed a bill banning face coverings during citizenship ceremonies, it was challenged on religious grounds. It was deemed not religious but still violated freedom of expression. Conservatives appealed, appellate judge threw it out so the woman who challenged it could be sworn in and vote. Conservatives are taking it to the supreme court and asking for a pause to all citizenship ceremonies until its resolved, citing a poll that 82% of canadians agree with their stance, and 94% of quebecers, where I assume is where its happening because why else would that number be relevant.

Now the cons are spinning it as them being the only party standing up for Canadian values.

Devastatorsig.jpg

NDP are hemorrhaging support. Liberals are taking a pretty big lead considering the numbers so far. Libs at 34%, Cons at 30, NDP at 26 according to a Nanos poll. In response, the NDP came out solidly against the TPP, which Harper is trying to get done during an election.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just because of the niqab issue, I wonder?

Amazed at the Tories this week, snitch line for "barbaric cultural practices" and Harper talking about tiers of citizenship.

Heh, good old Reform base.

He's losing BC now too, used to be one of the cons biggest sources of support, now he's trailing both the liberals and NDP by 10 points. Apparently the liberals and NDP are polling high in Calgary too. Losing Calgary would be a huge blow to the cons

Devastatorsig.jpg

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/harper-doubles-down-on-possible-niqab-ban-in-public-service

Harper ensuring them Muslamics don't spread their evil in Canada

Supposedly Harper's campaign manager is the same guy who ran the Conservative campaigns in the UK and Australia. Called the Australian Karl Rove. His trademark is taking a strong stand on pointless issues that divide people emotionally, which is happening with the niqab. He's tapped into Quebec's xenophobia to erode NDP support there.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Whoever wins we all lose. If you vote  for any of these nazis you are not a true Kanadian. :)

Volo there has to be some political party you can align with? What are your political views that they are so diametrically opposite to the established parties ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Are facial veils a big problem in Canada?

It's more of a cultural thing anyways, very little to do with Islam.

Nope but is being inflated as one - neat distraction from much of anything else. As for it being cultural, I doubt it matters much to the people he's playing on.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/harper-doubles-down-on-possible-niqab-ban-in-public-service

Harper ensuring them Muslamics don't spread their evil in Canada

Are facial veils a big problem in Canada?

It's more of a cultural thing anyways, very little to do with Islam.

The issue came up when the cons tried to ban it during citizenship ceremonies and it was challenged by a woman who wanted to keep it. The cons lost the suit, and the appeal, now they are taking it to the supreme court. Turns out she is the 2nd to want to wear one in like 20 years. Cons then said they would ban the public service from wearing them. There currently is no one employed in the public service who wears one.

But by making it an issue they have gained huge support in Quebec, where protecting their culture is the #1 priority. By attacking immigrants though they have tumbled to 3rd place in BC, once one of their strongest regions. But they may have given up 10 seats in BC to gain 20 in Quebec, so it may have paid off.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"Volo there has to be some political party you can align with? What are your political views that they are so diametrically opposite to the established parties ? "

They're all trash and untrsutworthy. A vote is wasted on them. I lean Liberal but modern Liberalism is anti freedom even while they throw bullcrap about freedom over the whole silly niquab issue (which Harper si wasting so much time on for an issue that is going to effect a tiny tiny number of people).

\I used to vote Liberal all time. I voted Conservative once out of spite becuase of Liberal crook policies. But, now, I'm keeping my voet as an FU though I know people will say the FU won't matter b/c nobody  cares which is my point - my vote is completely irrelevant. SO F OFF.

\

\I don't vote for nazis and all the parties are nazis iot's all about telling people how to think and if you think differently youa re trash and not human.  SUCK IT.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The Sauder School of Business Election Market has the Liberals closing on majority territory. The election market is a small scale stock market where people can buy and sell stock in political parties with low limits of investment and return to avoid unnecessary risk. This produces an alternative to election polls that has been consistently more accurate than standard polls and reacts to changing opinions faster. For example, the last BC election had the Liberals 10 points behind the NDP in polls on election day, but the election market was predicting a huge comeback by the Liberals. The liberals got a majority in that election.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Going to vote today, even though my area is NDP owned.

"The Sauder School of Business Election Market"

I first read this as Saudi. I had a major rant prepared. L0L

Ha, yeah its UBC's business school I believe.

New ads. The conservative ones are particularly hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k38Yv8kfOec

Deficits are infrastructure spending, during a recession, while interest rates are low. This is pretty standard economics as far as I know. "Payroll tax" is a supplementary pension program of which you can opt out, and cancelling child care cheques, to replace them with larger tax free cheques based on income.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHMjguZBQGA

NDP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqsFgMmmAMM

So official stances on TPP now

Conservative: Pass 100%

Liberal: Wait until we see whats in it

NDP: Tear it up.

Devastatorsig.jpg

zR7wg7O.jpg

Also, latest Liberal ad

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg