Grand Theft Auto V - PC Thread

I just bought it... Please feel free to add me.

Social club name: Jazoue

(I don't have much time for gaming these days but maybe there are still some time slots we meet online occasionaly.)

Edited by Jazou
  • Like 2

With the same exception of Bokishi could those of you who bought the game, could you lost your comp specs and how well the game runs?

CPU: i7-4770 (4 core, 3.5ghz)

RAM: 16gb (normal ones, not the fastest)

GPU: AMD HD 7950 (3gb)

Runes pretty well. Really, and it ****ing blows the ps3 version I played away.

First-Person mode is a very nice "add-on" and so far I'm enjoying the online mode. I don't regret the ~28€ till now. (Even I've already played the story on PS3)

Edited by Jazou

If anyone wants the token Aspergers character in their heist group.... I'm in.

Of course, join us. The more the merrier  :thumbsup:

Bokishi you seem to have the most knowledge of how the online component works, are there global servers that people share or specific servers for regions?

I'll be playing the online part of GTAV once I have completed the single-player part so I won't be online for at least a month 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'll probably pick it up next month depending on how much I get from my current job (that looks like it may last a week less than I thought, a little disappointing but not unexpected).

Sounds good, we must all use this thread to update each other on our progress in the game and when we ready for the online part of the game 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Anyone can play anyone. On XBone I was in heists with a guy from England for instance. Yeah I'll go set up a pc crew for us soon. If we are in the same crew we can spawn in at the same lobby automatically. Also play online with a KEYBOARD and MOUSE. You are at an aiming disadvantage with a controller

I been playing GTA 5 in the Oculus Rift; it got some support today via a hack. It's not true VR yet, but I'm playing it in 3D with some head tracking, which is kinda cool

2015-04-14_00007rtudy.jpg

2015-04-14_000029oual.jpg

• Like 2

my specs are: some i3 CPU, 8 GB RAM and nVidia 550Ti, everything is on normal, my gfx card can barely run it. the game looks awful but FPS is good, which is what really counts.

weapon handling is rather iffy, and I'm not sure who's fault that is. sometimes I cannot go into first person mode or use iron sights when I finally do. and controlling the camera in first-person mode feels bad, can't explain it, but it's as if the mouse becomes unresponsive every few milliseconds, so I have to swipe it twice to move the camera where I need it

Yeah I'll go set up a pc crew for us soon.

give us a holler when you do, I have no one to play with and always end up in an empty session unable to do anything, because all jobs require at least 2 people

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Okay I want to buy the game  next week, I want to get in hardcopy so I need to wait a few days  8)

John Milton 

Cool, it  look like we are building a nice group to play online 

John Milton 

Yeah I'll go set up a pc crew for us soon.

how's that crew thing going? I'd like to play some missions in GTA Online, but with some kind of team work and communication

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

it was $40 on Steam, which is a bargain price for a AAA title  :cat:

Walsingham said:

Yeah I'll set up the crew tonight. I have to deactivate the oculus rift mod so I won't get banned online with modded files

Yes young grasshopper please do that, it won't be a very good start to our online group if the founder gets banned   :biggrin:

John Milton 

Ok guys join here with your Rockstar account, whoever wants to be an officer let me know

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/obsidian_ninjas

Okay I joined, I'm BruceC :)

John Milton 

man, our time zones are all over the place. will I see you all in-game? is there a marker or something for crew members? or the tag is the only way to ID you

btw, Bruce, what's your Steam handle?

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

it was $40 on Steam, which is a bargain price for a AAA title  :cat:

It's 60€ for me.. where do you find it for $40?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!