Grand Theft Auto V - PC Thread

oh, it seems that price is region specific then. still $39.99 for me

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

gtaargh_zps2t3vgrvd.jpg

Anyone remember when games used to come on like 6-8 floppy discs? Yeah, it was bad..

Well, it's back. GTA5 comes on seven DVD's. No option of buying on Blu-ray. Ridiculous.

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

at least you own it, not lease it from Valve, like I do ;) see you online, homie  :dancing:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

man, our time zones are all over the place. will I see you all in-game? is there a marker or something for crew members? or the tag is the only way to ID you

btw, Bruce, what's your Steam handle?

Yeah we are going to have to manage the time zones  but everyone in EMEA ( Africa, Middle East and Europe ) should be fine

My Steam handle is bcrankshaw.

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wow, I didn't expect how great this game looks. It's ten times prettier than GTA4 and I'm getting a locked 60 fps at 2560x1440 with everything on max! I could never get that in GTA4.

Also, the car handling is soooo much better now. I remember morons claiming how realistic the car handling was in GTA4. Holy crap, that must be gaming history's dumbest moment. I still think GTA: San Andreas has the most fun handling, but I can work with GTA5's version.

I've done one mission so far. Spent the rest of the time getting lap dances in the local strip club. Followed Infernus home. Good times.

• Like 2

Wow, I didn't expect how great this game looks. It's ten times prettier than GTA4 and I'm getting a locked 60 fps at 2560x1440 with everything on max! I could never get that in GTA4.

Also, the car handling is soooo much better now. I remember morons claiming how realistic the car handling was in GTA4. Holy crap, that must be gaming history's dumbest moment. I still think GTA: San Andreas has the most fun handling, but I can work with GTA5's version.

I've done one mission so far. Spent the rest of the time getting lap dances in the local strip club. Followed Infernus home. Good times.

Sounds good, can't wait to play  :dancing:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

F12 for steam screenshot, maybe print screen for non steam, or use fraps

GTA 4 was a mess lol, it was a sloppy port, buggy slow, and had three layers of DRM, with steam, gfwl, and social club. GTA 5 is not a port, it was built from ground up for PC

I just did a 2 man heist with sorophx. Would be great to get 4 together to tackle the humane heist (most epic), or the final big bank heist (most money). I can start any heist in any order since I beat them all on Xbox already

Edited by Bokishi

I specifically bought the retail version so I don't have to dabble with both Rockstar Social Club and Steam. I don't use Steam for this game.

Printscreen does not work. Hmm. Weird if a game of today doesn't have a screenshot function..

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/04/17/gta-5-modding-has-taken-its-first-steps-towards-reality/#more-282735

Here is an interesting link  around GTAV and modding support 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I'll just post this here
Untited.png

our crew colors  8)

had a lot of fun with Bokishi today, hopefully we can get a steady group of people playing to go through content together (it's much more rewarding that way)

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-grand-theft-auto-5-pc-performance

Here is a really technical article that highlights relevant hardware specifications and how they can impact GTAV around graphical performance 

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

John Milton 

Hey Guys!

I'm on the crew!

Also, I have a Small proposition to make:

I know the name of the crew is Obsidian Ninjas, but I made a really cool Emblem, and would like to share.

If you guys want to use it, It would be cool:

Shield.jpg

I'm going to play now, if you guys want to join me!

My rockstar sc and steam id are the same: RodWarrior

Edited by RodWarrior
  • Like 3

I saw you killing people left and right so I took up a position on a skyscraper to cover you, and the game kicked me from the server :( now I can't join back

Walsingham said:

Hey Guys!

I'm on the crew!

Also, I have a Small proposition to make:

I know the name of the crew is Obsidian Ninjas, but I made a really cool Emblem, and would like to share.

If you guys want to use it, It would be cool:

Shield.jpg

I'm going to play now, if you guys want to join me!

My rockstar sc and steam id are the same: RodWarrior

How do I use your emblem?

After reading through that Eurogamer article posted, I'm thinking my comp may be able to handle the game, so I went ahead and bought it and am downloading it currently.  Can't wait to join the crew and hope to put some time into the online as I haven't done that much, if at all while on the console.

• Like 2

I like the Codex Troll with Curly Mustache logo, looks good on my Gauntlet :D

man, the Online portion of this game is really addictive. most missions are crap, but a few are very cool and they keep pushing me to rank up to unlock cooler toys. and then - heists.

I just read that completing them with the same group of people will reward everyone an extra 1,000,000, so that's my incentive to complete them multiple times with everyone here which is a worthy goal in and of itself. and then there's the 10 million dollar achievement to work towards... so much to do, so little time

Walsingham said:

I specifically bought the retail version so I don't have to dabble with both Rockstar Social Club and Steam. I don't use Steam for this game.

Printscreen does not work. Hmm. Weird if a game of today doesn't have a screenshot function..

Shame we have to bother with the Social Club stuff at all, but I suppose they need some DRM on it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Rockstar Social Club is actually less intrusive than Steam. I logged in once when I installed and since then it has not bothered me. It just gives me information about my crew sometimes and that's it. Also a vast improvement over GTA4.