The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Rosbjerg

Yes Iorveth has a quite nice arc, and the extra content for his side of the story in Loc Muinne is excellent. Far more of a welcoming vibe in Vergen, as opposed to the grim neutral path of Roche.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

If the Witcher 3 gives me an ending with the options being red, green, or blue, I'm going to lose it.

The red ending is choosing Triss, the green ending is Shani, and I guess Yennefer could be the blue ending, though she seems more fond of black and purple.  I'm assuming there will also be an explosion in each ending.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Join the Wild Hunt

Control the Wild Hunt

Destroy the Wild Hunt, surely.

The Wild Hunt of course being a group of magically created automatons that turns up periodically because once magic has developed to a certain point it is inevitable that it will destroy all sentient life on the planet, so they reduce all civilisation to stop this as borne out and foreshadowed by events at the end of TWitcher (1) where the world has been frozen by magicogenic climate change and everyone is dead- and in TWitcher 2 where you have the magically created near invincible Kayran and annoying-dead-people-created-by-sorceress areas. Alvin/ de Thingamybob was a visionary trying to achieve salvation with his radical pro human group, or possibly had had his mind warped by too much exposure to the aether and hence the Wild Hunt. At the end some will also insist that Geralt himself has been controlled by the Hunt, citing multiple clues interwoven in the plot, and that the whole game is a brave metacommentary on reality and mind control. Now, I know that some will counter this by saying that the WIld Hunt are actually extra planar elves- in fact, it will be revealed that every cycle they reproduce by taking the forms of the dominant species they encounter, and the last few cycles the dominant species was elvish.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 6

If the Witcher 3 gives me an ending with the options being red, green, or blue, I'm going to lose it.

Isn't it more likely to be black, blacker and blackest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj84tfS7ag4

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Silver, steel or pork?

Tea for the teapot!

Both Iorveth bro and waifu ending are way better than what you can get on Roche's path. North is overall stronger regardless what happens to the mages, not to mention you learn a lot more background information and get more booty.

Only downside is that Radovid is shown as a petulant little child.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Both Iorveth bro and waifu ending are way better than what you can get on Roche's path. North is overall stronger regardless what happens to the mages, not to mention you learn a lot more background information and get more booty.

Only downside is that Radovid is shown as a petulant little child.

TW2 has shown me 100% no reason why it needed Branching Story. I'm hoping the open world atmosphere of TW3 destroys any hint that this could happen.

More unique content for each playthrough, real choice and consequence, the option to see two sides of a conflict and influence it, to familiarise yourself with different characters, the chance to explore different locales and their inhabitants? I suppose you could argue for any of these and probably more, but if you don't like the branching plot that's probably not going to sway you. Considering they've touted three different endings each in a unique area i'm fairly certain that there's going to be unique content for every playthrough and the choices one makes, they might even be having import factors from the first game come into play.

• Like 2

Tea for the teapot!

More unique content for each playthrough, real choice and consequence, the option to see two sides of a conflict and influence it, to familiarise yourself with different characters, the chance to explore different locales and their inhabitants? I suppose you could argue for any of these and probably more, but if you don't like the branching plot that's probably not going to sway you. Considering they've touted three different endings each in a unique area i'm fairly certain that there's going to be unique content for every playthrough and the choices one makes, they might even be having import factors from the first game come into play.

I hope so.  I wonder if Adda (or the lack of Adda) will come into play in The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt For More Poontang.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm hoping for some news on Alvin/Jacques personally and why Eredin wanted him, though I don't believe that import decision is carried over since you can save and import anywhere from the White Frost onwards.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm hoping for some news on Alvin/Jacques personally and why Eredin wanted him, though I don't believe that import decision is carried over since you can save and import anywhere from the White Frost onwards.

I'm not completely sure, but I think the only decisions that originally imported over from TW1 (with any impact at all) are Adda alive or dead and Order/Scoia'tael/Neutral.  In the Enhanced Edition of TW2 they add in a journal entry if you hooked up with Shani in TW1, so the Triss/Shani choice carries over too.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I have a low tolerance for anything CDP says, whether it be they influenced Mass Effect or they create romances in video games.

More often than not it's not the developer proclaiming their game as <name of game> Killer, it's the author of the article creating a clickbait title.  Standard practice for hack journalists.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

No it isn't and no it won't. I agree with Keyrock total clickbait, unlike Bryy I have a lot of time for CDPR as with GOG and their unrivalled support of their games they seem to be the good guys (refreshing in this industry) but these articles are always utterly ludicrous.

Edit: To be honest I don't believe the two titles will bear that much similarity, so I can't see where competition would arise anyway, though I can see a lot of Bethesda hikers being a little put out with a set protagonist and a story, choice and consequence heavy game rather than the usual accesible sandbox.

Edited by Nonek

Tea for the teapot!