RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

Guest Slinky

Resident Evil 1 is still one of my personal favorites. The dialogue in the game is great expample how something can be so bad it's actually good.

It's also the only game I know where a zombie comes out of closet!

RE3 is nowhere near RE1 :p and 5 had great co-op

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The fact that, despite differing opinions, every review of Resi 6 makes sure to mention how loaded the game is with QTEs makes it an instant "stay away" for me. I can deal with QTEs if they're used very sparingly or exclusively for mini-games within a game, but otherwise they're just a lazy mechanic that winds up frustrating me.

Also, the best Resi game is Revelations on the 3DS, and I'm completely serious. That game is bloody brilliant.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

RE3 is nowhere near RE1 :p and 5 had great co-op

Right, nothing spells survival horror quite as multiplayer. That's why every horror game before RE5 had multiplayer and not because RE5 was release at the time when every game needed to have an online feature.

Seriously, eventually I'm going to look back on my life and be able to count the video game series that ended gracefully with one hand and with the way that Hollywood keeps releasing remakes, I can probably say the same thing about movies.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

RE1 + Remake are the best RE games, imo. Everyone loves RE2 so much, but I can't feel the same. It just has more of everything... more zombies, more strange puzzles, more weapons, more action, a new laboratory, a new virus, etc. etc. but totally lacks the atmosphere and stuff from the first game. This pretty much was the beginning of the Resident Evil franchise decline already.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

i actually think RE4 was the best game.

RE4

Code Veronica

RE2

RE1

RE5

RE3

i haven't played the others

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Before 5 I would had said that RE1 was my least favorite and I really don't know why people give RE4 so much flak, as its the one to blame for what the series became. Not true since the series was moving towards a more action oriented style, or did everyone conveniently forgot the spin offs?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Resident Evil 2 was the best. Massive game, that encouraged another playthrough which was different from the first.

RE1+remakes

RE3

RE: Code Veronica

RE4 I didn't like that much, was the beginning of the end in my book.

RE5 just wasn't Resident Evil anymore.

Shame to see a franchise that I enjoyed so much when I was younger become what it is today.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Thread reached retirement age... more news here

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein