What are you playing now?

Gorth

I never even heard of NIER.

Therefor, it must suck.

I also haven't heard of it. It can't be that hyped.

Critically it's supposed to be one of the best games ever because it's the exemplary art in games idea. If rated by mass populace consumption it doesn't score well...but for the artsy reviewers that go gaga over things like ICO or Shadow of the collosus or Okami and stuff...they seemed to rate this game rather well.

What is it?

It's the distant sequel to Drakengaard 2 ending E. What happens and how the world ends...

In some ways imagine a fantasy version of Fallout...the older fallouts...at least to a degree...except it's MUCH MORE DEPRESSING at the end of the game if you figure out the end of the game. The gameplay though...oh man...the gameplay truly stinks....

By the way...even if you beat it...you haven't. You won't even be able to unlock the real ending until you've at least gotten to the third playthrough...just a heads up if you ever do chose to play this stinker.

I think it's time to either try Vanquish, Deus Ex HR, or go finish up all the side quests on my ME2 runthrough.

Edited by greylord

I never even heard of NIER.

Therefor, it must suck.

I also haven't heard of it. It can't be that hyped.

I thought I had heard the name before...

Yahtzee takes on Nier

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I actually installed Diablo 2 to give it.. a third attempt (I think). Never made it past the first graveyard area before. We'll see how long I'll manage this time.

It annoys me that I never completed this and Planescape: Torment (and Baldur's Gate 2, but that game is so long that I feel forgiven).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Played little bit of Demon's Souls after fem months break... Got Soldier's Trophy for obtaining all unique weapons \o/ Currently game at 71% done, two more Playthroughs ahead of me O.o

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Tried the Binary Domain japanese demo. Despite not understanding anything i had some fun. Will have to try the english demo if there ever is one. Maybe i'll even be persuaded to buy this.

yeah WorstUsernameEver its annoying when the host dies because of something like that. xD

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Not playing much yet, I gave up on Daggerfall after spending 30 long minutes attempting to climb some stairs without falling through the geometry, then I returned to the Fighters guild to hand in the quest and found that the quest giver didn't give a toss about me actually doing quests, he'd just give me the gold.

The strange thing was after asking around on Bethesda's forums I found lots of people seem to love the bugs, they even enjoy "finding their way back to the game" from catastrophic bugs :blink:

With regards to Assassin's Creed, what's with the change in Altair's accent between the original and Revelations? I know it was kind of ridiculous that he had an American accent in the original, but now he's suddenly speaking with a Middle Eastern? accent in Revelations.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Inspired by somebody elses UFO: Enemy Unknown endeavours, I started a new game over the weekend. Things went fairly smoothly with only a few casualties... that is until I managed to catch my first large Alien ship on the ground. The Ethereals took control of half of my team and wiped out the other half in rapid succession. Complete "party wipe". Ah well, had accumulated quite a lot of money and had a spare team in a spare Skyranger, so the loss was managable if humiliating. Second team didn't fare much better when running into a Muton ship. I had forgotten how hard to kill (with laser rifles and rockets) those things are. Also forgot that they tend to not stay dead and will sometimes get back again, behind your lines >_

One squaddie and a tank survived. Squaddie got a promotion too. Time to go on a recruiting campaign. At least I got to keep all my guns and personal armour.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

With regards to Assassin's Creed, what's with the change in Altair's accent between the original and Revelations? I know it was kind of ridiculous that he had an American accent in the original, but now he's suddenly speaking with a Middle Eastern? accent in Revelations.

Simplest in setting explanation is that it's a different Animus. And for Altair in Revelations, it's like a double animus. Seeing Ezio see Altair.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Simplest in setting explanation is that it's a different Animus. And for Altair in Revelations, it's like a double animus. Seeing Ezio see Altair.

I guess that makes sense. It's just rather jarring. Obviously the Revelations' Altair makes more sense, given both his name and his supposed origin. It makes you wonder what the heck they were thinking back when they made AC1.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I guess that makes sense. It's just rather jarring. Obviously the Revelations' Altair makes more sense, given both his name and his supposed origin. It makes you wonder what the heck they were thinking back when they made AC1.

Reminds me of the fact that Altair was the only one that pronounced Al-Mualim wrong in the first game. Good times.

Played about 10 missions in Syndicate.

I hate the game so far. Irritating controls, bad gameplay design, shallow, nonsensical world, horrible pathfinding, broken missions...

I don't see this one staying on my hard drive for very long.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I hate the game so far. Irritating controls, bad gameplay design, shallow, nonsensical world, horrible pathfinding, broken missions...

I wanted to try it out thought it looked kinda good from some previews even if it's completely diffferent from the old game but seeing this it seems like it's a candidate for the worst game of 2012 so i rather wait, thx for the heads up btw.

Edited by ChrisGamer300

You're talking about the original game, right?
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."