Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

South Park RPG

• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2418 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I doubt Obsidian can confirm or deny using any particular characters at this point in development... But since Matt and Trey voices so much of the South Park cast, and that they are in charge of the story, I have a hard time believing they wouldn't put nearly every damn character that's appeared in the series in there. Whether as "important" characters or just side-appearances.

MechanicalLemon

MechanicalLemon

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 205 posts
I will be very happy if they include this guy.

Posted Image

If only Mr. Takiyama hadn't committed suicide, the feud between him and Lu Kim could have been an epic questline.

RichardV1150

RichardV1150

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
LOL that would be funny. I'm sure Lu Kim will be in there somewhere, they were already talking about a quest that had to do with chicken in it! We'll definitely be getting fun quest to do from people like Mr. Mackey, Jimbo and Ned, Randy and tons of other favorite characters, not to mention Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Eric. Also it looks like the story is centered around aliens, or maybe that's one scene. Along with that theirs some Christmas town stuff, I wouldn't put it past them to add in places like North Park, Greeley, Adams County and Mt. Evenston. This game could have a really big world map, kind of like the Legend Zelda a Link to the Past games, which even if they seem small to some you revisit a place and find a whole new area in it, or kind of like FF7. I don't mention recent games because I'm not a huge fan of today's side-scrollering RPGs. I think this game has huge momentum now, after all the potential it had to begin with. :shifty: :(

I don't believe their is a better way to capture the spirit of South Park other than an RPG, you can't have as much humor in other games. I mean games like Skyrim get one joke and it goes super viral, "God I hate that joke though.". My point here is that, I've been hearing some haters think you can't be funny with a game and a show like SP.

There's only a couple of things bothering me right now, one, I have to wait till 2013 to play the game, why, because it comes out DECEMBER 31 2012, yeah, second half of 2012 my ass, but whatevers. Secondly, and sadly, I'm like crack for details on this game, it's making me sick :p! All I'm saying is, GIVE ME SOME INFO so I can nomnomnom on it. I already have to wait till March for Season 16 of SP to come out. Between Work, School, Sleep and life in general, South Park is all I got. A few more screenshot with some early HUDs would suffice, another interview would be stellar, and of course, a trailer would be like the Christmas present I never got! Anyway, to Obsidian, keep up the good work! Happy new year to everyone in the forum, forgot to do that a while back!

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2418 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I really wonder how they will handle dialogues. We know that we'll have a silent protagonist (great choice if you ask me), but I hope they'll provide plenty of dialogue options/branching ala classic RPGs. I think that would be one great way of tackling the humor of South Park in gameform as well, giving the player funny dialogue options. Just the option to jabber with Cartman if you choose the Jew class could lead to a lot of funny stuff if the player can "drive" some of the dialogue for example. :shifty:

Sannom

Sannom

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1267 posts
  • Backer
I want to be able to get minus infinity reputation with Cartman.

RichardV1150

RichardV1150

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts

I want to be able to get minus infinity reputation with Cartman.

I think Cartman will get -Infinity -1 with you if you team up with Kyle as your partner. Or you choose to be ginger, Jew and from Jersey, yeah you'll get it!

C2B

C2B

Lazy Assistant of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4083 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
http://www.quarterto...p;postcount=139

I have never laughed so hard as I did when I saw this pitch. It was literally the best demo I ever saw in my 10 years at THQ. Now I just hope THQ survives long enough to get this out because it's golden.

Oh, and the combat was spectacular.

Have no idea who or how credible that guy is.

Edited by C2B, 12 January 2012 - 06:01 PM.

funcroc

funcroc

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2149 posts
He is the studio general manager of Big Huge Games.

Flouride

Flouride

Chew Toy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1416 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
And according to Linkedin he previously worked as a Creative Director at THQ. So I'd say credible ;)

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9640 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
That makes me wish we could get more behind-the-scenes stuff that includes the pitch. The Planescape document was quite a thing to read.

Flouride

Flouride

Chew Toy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1416 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

That makes me wish we could get more behind-the-scenes stuff that includes the pitch. The Planescape document was quite a thing to read.

Hmh, what Planescape document?

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9640 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

http://www.rpgwatch....tement_1997.pdf

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

http://www.rpgwatch....tement_1997.pdf

Damn
Spoiler
you, *bookmarks*, I'll be reading this tomorrow.

funcroc

funcroc

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2149 posts
THQ 2012/2013 Game Schedule (NeoGAF)

February 14th, 2012: UFC
June 2012: Darksiders 2
October - December 2012: South Park, WWE
January - March 2013: Devil's Third, Metro Last Light
April 2012 - March 2013: Two unannounced titles.

April 2013 or later: Everything Else.

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2418 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Interesting. Hopefully we'll get some footage and more info on the game soon-ish.

Chr1s

Chr1s

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Hmm not exactly what i hoped from Obsidian but still interested to see how it turns out, if it's good than its a another purchase but my expectations aren't high.

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1992 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Thinking about it i've been playing Eric Cartman in rpg's for quite a few years now.

Auxilius

Auxilius

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm less than thrilled by this idea since I think South Park is just a dumb and trashy cartoon disguised as a satyre. Besides, Obsidian's strenght comes from their writing team but it's the SP creators who will write the scenario. At least, Obs will get some good money to fund a better project out of this.
Like people said above, my expectations, for once, aren't high.

Edited by Auxilius, 11 February 2012 - 07:04 AM.

RichardV1150

RichardV1150

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
You know, I find it sort of hurtful that people throw this idea under the bus and don't give two ****s how it turns out. That's mean, now I know not everybody is looking forward to this game and may not even like SP, but that doesn't give you the right to insult it. This is a game I am really looking forward to because I'm a huge fan of both RPGs and SP. You don't see me going about calling today's RPGs cliche garbage that's has been done so many times over and over it's pathetic and that the game writers should try for five seconds to think of something original and out of this world, no I don't do that, because they really aren't that bad and most of the stories are really cool. All I'm saying is even if you don't like SP, respect the role-playing aspect of the game, don't shoot down fans of the game.

Edited by Gorth, 12 February 2012 - 01:19 PM.
Language

Undecaf

Undecaf

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
After the initial "meh" feeling, I'm actually starting to get quite interested in this. It also helps that there's hardly any competition in the stale gaming market right now (Risen 2 and XCOM:EU being the only other games worth looking forward to in the horizon).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users