Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What choices did you make?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Jorian Drake

Jorian Drake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2562 posts
Just got the game and the dlc, am close to the end.

How does the decision to tell the truth about the king's death and plot against him matter in the outro?
What happens if you give the mansion to Leona and spare the wizard Gent?
Does it matter if you don't have good/basic influence with all characters? Does it matter if one has influence maxed out?
Is the ending in any way different based on what character you choose?
I also didn't notice any chance at romances, are there any ingame?
The DLC choices, do they matter in any way, as in telling the truth about the stolen chalice or keep the secret of the monk/nun?

thanks for the answers beforehand

FireMist

FireMist

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 70 posts

Just got the game and the dlc, am close to the end.

How does the decision to tell the truth about the king's death and plot against him matter in the outro?
What happens if you give the mansion to Leona and spare the wizard Gent?
Does it matter if you don't have good/basic influence with all characters? Does it matter if one has influence maxed out?
Is the ending in any way different based on what character you choose?
I also didn't notice any chance at romances, are there any ingame?
The DLC choices, do they matter in any way, as in telling the truth about the stolen chalice or keep the secret of the monk/nun?

thanks for the answers beforehand

1. It may influence your "Influence Bar" with your sidekicks depending on which one you have active during the conversation. But it does not change overall gameplay.
2. The Gent gets mad with confinement and returns to the Causeways. Sigismund Wulf loses the election for Mayor of Stonebridge. But again, aside from the final slideshow, it does not change overall gameplay either.
3. Depending on how much influence you have with your partners, youŽll receive corresponding Stat bonuses (Anjali=Attack; Lucas= Stamina; Reinhart= Will; Katarina=Agility). Once you reach maximum influence (not necessarily the full bar) over the same partner, you'll stop gaining stat bonuses from him/her. There are 3 levels of Influence, search for it in your Deeds section in the game menu.
4. The dialogue changes slightly depending on your main character, especially if you are Anjali. But the options regarding JeyneŽs destiny are the same for all 4 legionnaires. Honestly, I expected some deeper dialogue changes for Lucas aside from only replacing "Hugh Montbarron" with "your father".
5. No, there arenŽt any romances in the game .
6. No, they don't influence overall gameplay, as almost all dialogues in the main campaign. They give Influence and Stat bonuses, but they donŽt matter in the end...even the final choice after the boss fight in the DLC.

Jorian Drake

Jorian Drake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2562 posts
okay, thanks, then I can finish without worries, although there was no DS4 announced yet, I hope somehow the decisions could be carried on to it (not just Dragon Age/Mass Effect do things like that, and I got really used to this ability, plus in some other games it is really annoying your choices don't matter in the end as newer installments override or ignore everything)

Ashima

Ashima

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 3 posts
I almost always choose the more "evil" or at least self-serving options in games, however I couldn't do it in Dungeon Siege III. Anjali just sounded so earnest and innocent (and honestly also confused) that I just couldn't make her be anything but good. I think that's the first time I've let the character I'm playing influence my own decisions instead of the other way around.

kcarr.geo@yahoo.com

kcarr.geo@yahoo.com

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

Played as Lucas and I don't think I got more than half influence with any of the companions.

- Kept Gunderic Mansion and destroyed the Hearty of Nagog.
- Freed the Krug (that was hillarious)
- Hans got the land (Baron didn't seem to broken up about it)
- Helped Cyclopses (that ending with the union was just great!)
- Sent Rajani back with a warning (No chain mail bikinis, but chainmail lowcut skinny jeans? I can deal).

- Let most of the criminals go, but got one of them to repay what they had stolen

- Had Dapper Old Gent join the Legion

- Spared as many of the archons as I could
- Spared Jeyne and got her to help rebuild

Also, just wanted to say, WOW, just loved unfolding plot, and that ending and the epilogue that tied it all together. Put a big a ole smile on my face. Do other action RPGs (Diablo, etc...) out there have the similar levels of story?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users