The Pillars of Eternity Wiki: The Saga Continues

Double post for great benefit:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_II:_Deadfire_crafting#Drugs

I made a prototype of the crafting table for consumables. What do you think? I have a similar one for unique weapon/armor mods here:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=User:Tagaziel/test&profile=no

Did something change with how the wiki handles searches? Pages (stubs) that were already created/populated through scanning in-game files somehow do not show up when searching for them with a string. For example, if I search for "Ori o", there are no results, but there is clearly already a page "Ori o Koīki"; another example, searching for "Bounty - Tor" also shows no results, but there is already a "Bounty - Torkar" page. I could've sworn the searches worked differently previously...?

Did something change with how the wiki handles searches? Pages (stubs) that were already created/populated through scanning in-game files somehow do not show up when searching for them with a string. For example, if I search for "Ori o", there are no results, but there is clearly already a page "Ori o Koīki"; another example, searching for "Bounty - Tor" also shows no results, but there is already a "Bounty - Torkar" page. I could've sworn the searches worked differently previously...?

We're having a backend issue with the search engine. Until it's resolved, the quests page is your best bet for bounties (although it could use a bit of cleaning up). 

I screenshotted a bunch of grimoire contents but I'm not sure how to add this data to the wiki:

https://imgur.com/a/bRXyJKL

You enter the names of the spells in the infobox, separating them with semicolons. For example, Ninagauth's teachings has this code:

| level1_spells  = Fan of Flames;Slicken

| level2_spells  = Curse of Blackened Sight;Ray of Fire

| level3_spells  = Ninagauth's Death Ray;Fireball

| level4_spells  = Ninagauth's Shadowflame;Wall of Flame

| level5_spells  = Ninagauth's Bitter Mooring;Torrent of Flame

| level6_spells  = Death Ring;Ninagauth's Freezing Pillar

| level7_spells  = Ninagauth's Killing Bolt;Delayed Fireball

| level8_spells  = Wilting Wind;Major Grimoire Imprint

| level9_spells  = Meteor Shower;Cloak of Death

We're having a backend issue with the search engine. Until it's resolved, the quests page is your best bet for bounties (although it could use a bit of cleaning up). 

I'm really glad that there's a wiki. This game series has a huge amount of lore to it and I'm looking forward to Pillars of Eternity 3, even if I haven't completed Pillars of Eternity 2 yet (I'm almost done with it BTW).

Good to know the Gamepedia wiki is being worked on. The Fextralife wiki isn't bad, and the people who run it include content such as their analyses of potential builds which is nice. But I'm not a fan of the way they present class/ability information with icons and mouseover tooltips. I'd rather a table - much more device friendly.

To that end, I'm happy to help create the pages for each class, unless you have that covered? Are you adding Deadfire-specific info on classes to the existing class pages or creating new ones?

Edited by Murklight

That would be awesome! Given the amount of data etc., I was thinking about spinning the ability data into separate pages (Ranger abilities and Ranger abilities (Deadfire) for example), to avoid having a huge single page absolutely slathered in data. It'd be easier to navigate that way, methinks.

• Like 1

I'm not a contributor but I'll toss in a vote for separate pages. It's a much cleaner way of doing things and will also help anyone coming in new to the series from being confused on what information is POE1 based and what is Deadfire based.

• Like 3

I'm not a contributor but I'll toss in a vote for separate pages. It's a much cleaner way of doing things and will also help anyone coming in new to the series from being confused on what information is POE1 based and what is Deadfire based.

I agree - despite me wanting to use the gamepedia wiki I find myself browsing through the fextralife one - because there I can access the information a lot easier and faster (although the info on gamepedia has better quality overall). 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'm done with the initial playthrough! PRetty much every location is covered, the vast majority of characters, quests (save a few, I couldn't get the Effigy one to trigger), and so on and so forth. WOOOO.

Time to take a well-deserved break and return to cover lore and the missing parts!

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That interactive world map looks great, well done. The only things that seem to be missing are Bekarna's observatory at the northwestern tip of the Kua o Rikuhu islands, Pahowane on Neketaka Island, and Flooded Cave on the left island beneath the Ofecchia channel marker. I'd try adding them myself, but I'd probably end up screwing something up or spending way too long figuring it out.

Edited by Taevyr

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anything I should know about "canon" rules etc before posting? I'm scared of touching wiki pages these days after being reamed on one of the other game wikis for adding 'male player character options when the canon is female'. 

Down for helping, but not if all my work's going to be deleted out of hand because I didn't use 'canon appropriate terminology'.