Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Pillars of Eternity Wiki: The Saga Continues

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Tagaziel

Tagaziel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

As with the first installment of Pillars of Eternity, the wiki is here to help you brush up on your lore, companions, and everything that happened thus far. 

https://pillarsofete...f_Eternity_Wiki

We're currently in the process of updating it with Deadfire content, which means a whole lot of work. Nearly all of the items are online (item data to be added, because I like doing it manually; I also like hammering nails into walls with my fists), as are seeds for characters, quests, and everything else. 

But Tagz, you cuddly little critter, what will happen should I find something missing?

Well, this is where I'd appreciate a little help. There's me, the insane cat feller who likes to document just about everything, down to Aloth's shaved arm pits, but this kind of precision takes time. If you can add anything, even where to find razors to win Aloth's favor, I'd be grateful. Every single edit helps!

What's the general approach? 

Go wild. 

Hoping to see you guys there! In the meantime, I'm back to taking down an iceberg with a toothpick. :D

• Mannock, IndiraLightfoot, Messier-31 and 20 others like this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13991 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I'll try to be more active in the Deadfire wiki than I was in PoE's. :)
  • Mannock likes this

Ascaloth

Ascaloth

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Steam:falcontakehiro

Erm. There's also a Fextralife wiki out there, isn't there?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13991 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
That's not the official one.

cactot

cactot

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 76 posts

It's too bad, it is much better organized and easier to navigate than the official one.

Tagaziel

Tagaziel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well, navigation can be spotty and I'll be the first to admit that. I'm open to suggestions (plus, after spending the better part of a year overhauling the entire wiki, adding lore, characters, quest coverage, locations etc., I kind of ran out of time to revamp the navigation as well). 

• grausch likes this

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Glad to hear the official Wiki is going to be extended to include Deadfire as well. I much prefer everything being in one place, and I'm not a fan of the Fextralife layout. I'll try to make an effort to add some content to it.

• Karkarov, Oter2k and Murklight like this

Tagaziel

Tagaziel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Awesome. As I said, every little bit helps!

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2250 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

My biggest gripe is that the Rule Set is combined for both titles now. Doing so makes sense for the World of Eora section, but there should be separate Rule Set sections.

We wouldn't want people to end up nuking the PoE1 information, and having both versions in the same page would end up pretty messy.

I like how the FF wiki breaks down each job for each game. Although that site's navigation should not be emulated.

• FlintlockJazz, Elarie, PantherX14 and 1 other like this

FlintlockJazz

FlintlockJazz

White Rabbit of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1957 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

My biggest gripe is that the Rule Set is combined for both titles now. Doing so makes sense for the World of Eora section, but there should be separate Rule Set sections.

We wouldn't want people to end up nuking the PoE1 information, and having both versions in the same page would end up pretty messy.

I like how the FF wiki breaks down each job for each game. Although that site's navigation should not be emulated.

I second this, separating them out by game seems essential.

• injurai, gGeorg and Murklight like this

Madscientist

Madscientist

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1438 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The wiki looks very good so far.

All we need is a ruleset section for PoE2, so people do not confuse the mechanics for both games.

I have written some formulas for PoE2 here, but threads get lost very fast in the huge amount of new posts we have every moment.

https://forums.obsid...game-mechanics/

It would be nice to have those formulas in the wiki together with an example.

I have the feeling in PoE1 we had to explain the basic damage formula at least 100 times and hardly anybody knew the speed formula.

With the inversion for negative modifiers players will be even more confused than in PoE1 because the numbers do not add up.

• Tagaziel likes this

Messier-31

Messier-31

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2236 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It's too bad, it is much better organized and easier to navigate than the official one.

4_59092.jpg

• Tagaziel, Karkarov, injurai and 5 others like this

Big-Ben

Big-Ben

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Steam:Big Ben
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'll be happy to contribute in any which way I can regarding the wiki. How all of you wish to go about that is up to you but if you need any assistance I'll gladly do so. Things like raw lore may not be my thing but I can assist mostly with references to culture (Real and Pop). I realize that's a minuscule contribution but if I find anything of note I'll disclose it (If that's what the community wishes.)

Of course I'll provide receipts for said information.  :dancing:

• Tagaziel likes this

Merany

Merany

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I find the official wiki a lot more thorough than the fextralife one, especially when it comes to quests and NPCs. Made great use of the "Endings" page when creating my PoE1 game state.

So while I have zero time to do any contribution unfortunately, you guys did a great job so far and have all my support!

• Tagaziel, Kirk and PantherX14 like this

DasCapschen

DasCapschen

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Steam:DasCapschen

Hey, just wanted to drop by and say that the Wiki even has a German translation, here: https://pillarsofete...ternity_Wiki/de

Progress is slow since I'm translating all by myself, so... if anyone here speaks both German and English, have a look, aye? ;)

If you do, check by here: https://pillarsofete...unity_portal/de for some help :)

Of course, big thanks to Tagaziel and all contributers for the English Wiki. Without you I'd have nothing to translate ;)

• Tagaziel, Mannock, injurai and 1 other like this

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2250 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey, just wanted to drop by and say that the Wiki even has a German translation, here: https://pillarsofete...ternity_Wiki/de

Progress is slow since I'm translating all by myself, so... if anyone here speaks both German and English, have a look, aye? ;)

If you do, check by here: https://pillarsofete...unity_portal/de for some help :)

Of course, big thanks to Tagaziel and all contributers for the English Wiki. Without you I'd have nothing to translate ;)

Maybe Josh would help :p

• draego likes this

Tagaziel

Tagaziel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The wiki looks very good so far.

All we need is a ruleset section for PoE2, so people do not confuse the mechanics for both games.

I have written some formulas for PoE2 here, but threads get lost very fast in the huge amount of new posts we have every moment.

https://forums.obsid...game-mechanics/

It would be nice to have those formulas in the wiki together with an example.

I have the feeling in PoE1 we had to explain the basic damage formula at least 100 times and hardly anybody knew the speed formula.

With the inversion for negative modifiers players will be even more confused than in PoE1 because the numbers do not add up.

https://pillarsofete...Deadfire_combat

I've added your formulas under damage calculation, insofar I understood them. I'm not sure I grasp attack rate well. Damn it, Mad, I'm a writer, not a mathematician!

The wiki continues and as of a while ago, we have all the items seeded - consumables included! Now it's filling time. And recipes. And... 

Yeah. Iceberg and toothpicks. Thanks to everyone who's helping out! 

Madscientist

Madscientist

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1438 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Thank you very much.

For game mechanics you should better ask the real experts like MaxQuest and Boeroer.

I write so much because I want to understand it myself, not because I am the ultimate expert.

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I've started adding in the details for unique weapons (actually I've added precisely one so far: Aamiina's Legacy. There doesn't seem to be a standard template for Abilities/Passives in Deadfire yet so I haven't added pages for the Precision Impact and Precision Impact (Dwarf) yet. I don't want to start my own template in case it sucks and/or there is actually an existing one already.

Also there seems to be a problem with the way the weapon template works in that it doesn't have Attack Time, Recovery Time or Penetration as default options (I added them manually and they seem to work, but I'm not sure if that's how I should have done it).

Finally I think it would be good if the pages for each enchantment had an Upgrades subsection listing the ways in which each enchantment can be upgraded (e.g. for Massuk Arrows you'd have Ongitok Angunisag listed). This will probably take longer to be filled in as its not clear in game which enchantment options upgrade which existing enchantments and which are mutually exclusive.

EDIT: as a side note the damage given for Gladiator Sword is its base damage (it doesn't include the bonus from the Fine enchantment). I've continued this trend with all the weapons I've added so far but I'm not sure its the best way of doing things. Thoughts?

All unique Bows and Crossbows have had their basic details added now by the way.

EDIT2: I noticed that the Gladiator Sword's Fine enchantment links to the page "Fine_(Deadfire)" but, since there are Fine enchantments for weapons, armour and shields this leads to ambiguity so I created a "Fine_weapon_(Deadfire)" page along with equivalent ones for Exceptional, Superb and Legendary (well actually Exceptional and Superb already existed, but I made the capitalisation the same as in game on them). I'd suggest people use these and, at some point, create similar pages for armour and shields.

Edited by JerekKruger, 15 May 2018 - 03:42 AM.

• Tagaziel, Karkarov, grausch and 1 other like this

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

All gunpowder weapons (with the exception of Blighheart) have had their basic details added as well. I want to wait till we have a good template for Soulbounds before doing Blightheart.

For now I'm done. Surprisingly tiring work adding things manually to the Wiki. No doubt there's a clever way to extract the game data directly but I don't know how.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users