I don't think you can even pick it as a monk/multiclass monk.

You can pick it with the other class, but pretty sure it wouldn't stack, haven't tried yet tho, may do later.

But... all passives stack.

Vancian =/= per rest.

Not sure if this classifies as broken but "Mercy and Kindness" is pretty damn strong. 100% Bonus Healing is a bit much?

https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Mercy+and+Kindness+Followed+Where'er+She+Walked 

Applies to most spells and even potions. With Alchemy and that Chant, a minor health potion has 170 healing! My Ancient Memory heals 3 points per second as well, and both Chants overlap at almost all times.  

• Like 2

Chanter/priest can be fun. Once you hit PL 7 you have unlimited spells with bride's invocation (it restores a spell every 3 seconds). You have a ton of summons supported with heals, buffs and DoTs before that.

Chanter/druid can be decent too.

With wizard you'll be missing a lot without PL 8 & 9 though. But you can make a martial wizard build for self buffs and citzal's/blights. Monk is best for citzal's and blights SS abuse as described above. Use pull of eora to blob victims together for the deathblow. Wizard/berserker, wizard/paladin and wizard/fighter can be fun too. Charge + citzal's lance is broken as hell.

Basically SS has a chance to proc on every hit with a weapon, so if a rod hits 5 enemies with the blast, each one of these has a chance to proc another aoe. It can also chain, potentially creating an infinite loop. It doesn't work with spells afaik, but it does work with citzal's lance or minor blights (not carnage though, as it probably counts as a different attack).

Don't you mean Swift Flurry here which has a chance to proc additional attack on critical hit (30% chance).

Yes. If you crit 5 enemies with a rod you have a 33% chance to proc an additional rod attack on each enemy you hit, each of these being aoe and giving you further chances to proc more attacks. You really need a high crit chance for this to work though.

How would you build Wizard/Monk?

Been trying something similar myself but don't know enough about the game to fine tune it.

People have been saying Summoned Weapons are bad, so I'm assuming you'd forgoe the Level 1 Staff for an actual weapon?

What Monk Sub-Class would you use?

What would your attributes look like?

Would you take early defensive buffs like Spirit Shield? Arcance Veil??

Reminder, discuss each others points, not each other.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Not sure if this classifies as broken but "Mercy and Kindness" is pretty damn strong. 100% Bonus Healing is a bit much?

https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Mercy+and+Kindness+Followed+Where'er+She+Walked 

Applies to most spells and even potions. With Alchemy and that Chant, a minor health potion has 170 healing! My Ancient Memory heals 3 points per second as well, and both Chants overlap at almost all times.  

Combine it with the 12% lifesteal chant to make it a 24% lifesteal chant. Wonder if might double dips here?

I know Inner Death has been mentioned as the best ability in the game but i like to emphasize it with the following screenshot:

2CxdaJf.png

It makes Multiclassing with Monk more than useless

So an empowered PL 9 ability that is designed for killing single targets turns out to be great at killing single targets? Amazing.

Of course by level 18/19 the game is a joke anyway.

Yup, combine that with Kind Wayfarer FoD and Lay on Hands + Moonlike Racial and you are healing yourself for more than being damaged. It also works with Robust inspiration and other healing things.

Quite broken :D

Okay, upgraded Animated Weapons is amazing damage.

Each of them hits for 40-60+ and there is 8 of them. If you micromanage all 8 to constantly use empowered attacks they can do 100+ depending on the weapon it is.  They also benefit nicely from the fire lash chant and any other nice ally dmg buffs for even more dmg (More so than other summons since there are 8 of them and they hit decently).

Edited by Dongom

Okay, upgraded Animated Weapons is amazing damage.

Each of them hits for 40-60+ and there is 8 of them. If you micromanage all 8 to constantly use empowered attacks they can do 100+ depending on the weapon it is.  They also benefit nicely from the fire lash chant and any other nice ally dmg buffs for even more dmg (More so than other summons since there are 8 of them and they hit decently).

Even the non upgraded there is still 6 of them and you would expect them to be at least decent at that level.

PSA: After casting a Invocation there is a two second or so gap where you can't do anything (not recovery) before you start chanting again. Press the stop buttons the second you finish casting your invocation to break it.

• Like 1