Okay, how does this work? I started a new character to test it out and I didn't get any options to spend these points. Can someone explain?

Edit: Never mind, found it.

What was the answer?  I made a new character last night, and I saw the Blessings of Berath points on the screen when I was choosing difficulty level, but I didn't see an option to spend the points (I remember clicking on the name to see what would happen).  Do you only get to spend them during character creation?

Click on the little sphere on that screen and it opens a selection window.

Should have known it would be obvious!  Thanks!

No, they are all items that are otherwise available. Still, they are incredibly good - especially the cloak of deflection/protection that go for 775 each, and the 3000 gold gloves that gives wizards a +2 PL boost to evocation spells (that's an extra projectile on all missile spells in addition to the damage bonus of missile spells)

Do you know if that stacks with the power level bonus from the Evoker class?

sign.jpg

I got all the achievements except the Principi one (bugged on me), then looked into those Blessings tab and...wow. Those are very cool! What a great idea to reward players for achievements! Now I can get most of those blessings and start op  8)

• Like 1

I got all the achievements except the Principi one (bugged on me), then looked into those Blessings tab and...wow. Those are very cool! What a great idea to reward players for achievements! Now I can get most of those blessings and start op  8)

can u upload ur achievements file, pretty please? :p

can u upload ur achievements file, pretty please? :p

Found one here, if you still need it: https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/8ixtle/something_id_like_to_share_regarding_beraths/

• Like 1

Well you can also reduce cost of all the Blessings to 1 point each by editing the global.gamedatabundle (just search by "Cost": and edit number after it it in your favorite text editor, for example notepad++ ). Then you can have them all enabled with only 9 unlocked achievement points.

But that is probably huuuge overkill considering how easy game is anyway. ;-)

Well you can also reduce cost of all the Blessings to 1 point each by editing the global.gamedatabundle (just search by "Cost": and edit number after it it in your favorite text editor, for example notepad++ ). Then you can have them all enabled with only 9 unlocked achievement points.

Thanks a lot for this! I REALLY like just fulfilling power fantasies, and I can't for the life of me make a solo playthrough work in these games with my ridiculous (roleplay) builds, even on story mode... i'm getting better, but i'd like to just get the blessings and do whatever I want!

Instead of an option for 5,000 gold, which is basically useless, I wish we could get another boost to our skills. 

Not really. I'm pretty sure that is meant to just give a nice boost early, as opposed to a large one that means something through the entire game. Personally, I feel these are rather cheap. If this is to be a New Game+ system then I feel as if you need to, you know, beat the game first.

Like the +2 to all attributes is amazing, and you can earn it within the course of a couple of hours. That also means you can earn the +50k gold which then lets you buy ship upgrades so that you can unlock more stuff and then you can have the +2 attribute buff and the bonus skill buff.

+5k gold is reasonable for a "I didn't like this character so I rolled a new one," and bonus skill points is appropriate for "I got half way through the game, did some side quests, but wanted to reroll," but the +2 to attributes. . .not so much. Not in my mind. That should require a play through.

That said, I really like the idea of BoB. Replaying the same character really doesn't appeal to me, but starting a new character sure does. I'd rather not load a save containing some "you won" tag, but this works out rather well.

Edited by nstgc

Only if they can add a blessing that allow your multi class PC to choose one level 8 and then one level 9 ability/spell, I don't mind if it cost like 20 pts to buy. :)

Thats a good suggestion actually. Although I'd make it more expensive.

On a side note - the blessings are painfully easy to get and stat bonuses are way OP. They should have made the cost higher. You can forgo the money because of how easy it is to earn it in game if you do all quests/bounties/tasks etc. So you are left with like 30 spare points.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

They all amount to using cheats and the game is too easy as it is. I'll probably only use the world map blessing.

I think it could have been like a Blessing & Curse system. If you take x points worth of Blessings you have to take at least x points worth of Curses to balance it out.

• Like 1

Thanks for this, I had forgotten about some of the things from when it was in development like the Blessings until I was doing some character testing and went to start a new game and thought "What are these Berath's Blessings?" lol

Do you happen to know if it's safe to edit the value/cost of one in the file then start a new game with that specific blessing enabled, and then go back in and change the value back to default, if it would ruin anything?