[Bug]Blade of the Endless Paths fragments not spawning

hippofant

Question

I'm not entirely sure this is a bug, so I'm wondering if other people had the same experience.

I created a manual history, in which I did forge the Blade of the Endless Paths (I'm pretty certain). Then in the prologue, I let the deckhand drown and instead saved the crate. Fast-forward 10 hours, I visit my cabin, and the fragments for the blade aren't there! But I know about the Blade, because I watched Cohh's stream, in which he saved the deckhand and got the fragments.

Has anybody else experienced this too? Is the deckhand event flag flipped and that's why I didn't get the fragments? Or did I bork my history when I created it?

I'm pretty sure in Cohh's stream he saved the deckhand (which I also did) and he still had the blade parts. I also did manual history and I also don't have the parts. I'm thinking the manual history might be the problem?

It is most likely the case that a bug is the cause, here.

I selected that I re-forged the Blade of the Endless Paths, but I only got the Whispers of Yenwood.

Perhaps other choices in the manual selection of events conflict with the flag for the Blade to appear at its place in the cabin ?

What you did with the Master Below, perhaps ? I selected that I killed him and learned Scale-Breaker.

Hope anyway it will be resolve in some future update, hopefully retroactively so I do not have to start anew, again, since I have way too much of a compulsion to restart all the same time already haha

Saved the crate, manual history with forging the sword, got sword parts and had it reforged in Neketaka.

So it did work for me with a manual history, and with going for the crate rather than the deckhand.

Were they in the crate you saved, or did you save the crate, and then it appeared in the same place as the Pieces of Yenwood? 

I'm also experiencing this issue. I just can't seem to find the sword. A friend told me they used a save import and managed to get both of them.

Only 'fix' for this I'm afraid for the rest of us is that you have to use a console command to gain the pieces.

Saved the crate, manual history with forging the sword, got sword parts and had it reforged in Neketaka.

So it did work for me with a manual history, and with going for the crate rather than the deckhand.

Were they in the crate you saved, or did you save the crate, and then it appeared in the same place as the Pieces of Yenwood? 

I'm also experiencing this issue. I just can't seem to find the sword. A friend told me they used a save import and managed to get both of them.

Only 'fix' for this I'm afraid for the rest of us is that you have to use a console command to gain the pieces.

I had only the pieces of the sword in the crate that I saved, the one with "my" banner/colors on it, i.e. Caed Nua livery.

No bow parts, no entire bow, just the sword in pieces, which I then had reforged in Neketaka.

Hey, everyone. We're looking into this. Does anyone have a save game file from right after they imported their history, somewhere like in your ship's cabin before the first fight? If so, please attach it to this post so we can determine which variables are being flagged via the custom history. Thank you all very much for your patience and for any help you can provide with the save games.

• Like 1

--Doug.

Hey, everyone. We're looking into this. Does anyone have a save game file from right after they imported their history, somewhere like in your ship's cabin before the first fight? If so, please attach it to this post so we can determine which variables are being flagged via the custom history. Thank you all very much for your patience and for any help you can provide with the save games.

I reloaded and made a save, at that point. I've also included my history file in the zip.

History should be:

- Blade Reforged

- Master Released

blade_bug.zip

I am also having this problem. I restarted the game with a manual history. I reforged the Blade and killed the Master Below with Scale-breaker. When this game started, I saved Chiputec, and after the prologue I have the fragments of the Whisper of the Yenwood bow, but not the Blade fragments.

Hmm why people are calling it Bow when it's clearly Sword. Am I missing something here?

( Got the bug too!!!!! ) 

Between the "real thing" and the "indistinguishable fake" which is worth more?

-Of course, the real thing worth more.

-They have equal value.

-The fake is of far greater value. In its deliberate attempt to be real,

its more "real" than the real thing.

~The choice is yours~

I also have this issue via a manually created world state on both the live patch and patch beta. Blade reforged, Master killed and scale breaker learned. Whispers appears as it should but not the Blade. It's a shame because I rather need both for the character I want to do next.

Same here.

Manual history. Blade reformed; master killed; Scale-Breaker learned. No fragments of the BotEP.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yes, there is.

IRoll20s

giveitem MISC_Fragments_Blade_of_the_Endless_Paths

this will put the fragments in your stash.

If you want to get them without disabling achievements, you can use this mod framework to launch the game with the achievements mod.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

As the topic says really. I created a custom history with the PoE1 history creator, where I reforged the Blade of the Endless Paths. Now that I've got my ship repaired and am ready to sail I went into my cabin to see if the fragments are there. And they're not. 

I'm attaching a save file from before I went below decks. 

EDIT: Apparently I can't attach files. Here's a Dropbox link to the save instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dab4ma0w15ix644/Cyrakis%20%28DeadfireArchipelago%29%20%2857b58723-54e5-41de-bd26-e68c8a142ec3%29%20%28755408477%29.savegame?dl=0

Edited by Greensleeve