Politics Princess' Sweet Sixteen

Blarghagh

Ukrainian girls hnnngggggggghh

the Ukraine girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind

And Moscow girls make sing and shout

That Georgia’s always on my my my my my my mind

wait, are the girls wearing sexualised pioneers uniforms?

Seems regular to me...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Ukrainian girls hnnngggggggghh

the Ukraine girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind

And Moscow girls make sing and shout

That Georgia’s always on my my my my my my mind

wait, are the girls wearing sexualised pioneers uniforms?

Seems regular to me...

Why are they talking about this like it's different from what Facebook does every day. Everybody is a data point on the net. If you have a Facebook account you are already giving all that stuff away.

It's not even just Facebook, every site does it', even reserving an item in Argos, you HAVE to provide your email, even though they also use your phone number to text the info, it's all going to be sold. The Irish government thinks it's such a great idea, they want to tax the money generated by the sale of your information. >.<

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

We are all being assimilated. And not in the way we think. In this collective you keep your individuality but you are most definitely connected and everyone knows everything about everyone.

Kind of terrifying when you think about it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Why are they talking about this like it's different from what Facebook does every day. Everybody is a data point on the net. If you have a Facebook account you are already giving all that stuff away.

It's not even just Facebook, every site does it', even reserving an item in Argos, you HAVE to provide your email, even though they also use your phone number to text the info, it's all going to be sold. The Irish government thinks it's such a great idea, they want to tax the money generated by the sale of your information. >.<

Why not use the email to send the information?  Strange. Usually is a good idea to have a burner email account for that kind of stuff.   But yeah the idea of Facebook and "if it's free, the product is you" isn't anything new.  Always best to lie on social media :p

Somewhat related - 

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/03/new-backdoor-around-fourth-amendment-cloud-act

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/02/cloud-act-dangerous-expansion-police-snooping-cross-border-data

Must be tough to keep morale up for EFF members

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In related news, the CLOUD Act recently became part of Congress' omnibus spending bill. It allows law enforcement to demand data from sites like Google and Facebook without needing a warrant. Sounds terribly unconstitutionally, but they're sticking it in there anyways.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

OK, I watched the video Val linked. That was actually pretty interesting stuff. Although I think the outrage was a little misdirected. In the example they discussed a "wealthy foreign investor" offers a candidate a deal too good to be true. A major campaign cash infusion for a sweetheart land deal after they are elected. The candidate agrees and the whole thing is on video because it was a set up. The implication that a set up such as this is unethical. Perhaps it is. But what definitely is unethical is a candidate being willing to take a bribe for a sweetheart land deal.

A lot of angst was raised over the DNC e-mail leaks during the 2016 election here. But what a lot of people seemed to miss is that the only reason this was a thing is the people in the DNC behaved like a band of arrogant, self-righteous little s---s who insulted everyone not them. Even people who where mostly on their team. Had they conducted their business with even a modicum of the professionalism expected in the real business world there would have been nothing juicy to find. The problem with the collusion between CNN & the DNC to undermine Sanders isn't that it was exposed. The outrage should have been that it WAS happening to BE exposed.

The problem isn't diffing up dirt and dirty secrets on political candidates. It's that there is dirt and dirty secrets to be dug up. If the politicians are unethical then how can you expect your government to be ethical. They (Cambridge Analytical) are not talking about making things up. Just exposing what is already there and targeting who gets exposed to what. The only difference between what is being done now as opposed to the past is the scale and sheer number of people you can reach.

But in the end all of this depends on the target of the message believing the message. When they walk into a voting booth there is one one else in there but them. No Russians trolls, no Wikileaks, and no Cambridge Analytical). People will get the government they deserve. And the "the people" are a band of gullible fools that believe everything they are told or see on the internet then they don't deserve and ethical government. And they surely won't have one. As Abraham Lincoln once said "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true". And I know he said that because I saw a picture of him with that quote on the internet.

One last thought. The real root cause of this whole sorry mess is the dependence people have on their governments.  They have become dependent on them for social welfare, health care, damn near everything required to live. That makes those governments big and powerful and that attracts the unethical types who abuse that power and the people under it. If you (as a people) resolve to take care of your own selves and families and not depend of the benefice of people in government who don't give a f--k about you anyway then you won't need the "all powerful state" f------g you over and getting filthy rich on your taxes. If you have a government so small you could drown in like a rat in a bucket of water you really don't need to ly awake worrying about who is running it.

Just my $.02

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In related news, the CLOUD Act recently became part of Congress' omnibus spending bill. It allows law enforcement to demand data from sites like Google and Facebook without needing a warrant. Sounds terribly unconstitutionally, but they're sticking it in there anyways.

How else can they fight terrorism/MS-13/pedophiles/psychic vampires

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm a bit curious...social media companies and Google have everything you've ever done recorded, including your exact GPS coordinates, and nobody bats an eyelash. Now "law enforcement" wants access to that same data and a mass pants soiling will ensue. What gives?

Suppose it is due to the state having more power over you than corporations.  Or at least the perception of that lingering still.

• Like 1

Well, Facebook won't send a squad of agents armed with automatic weapons to kick down your door in te dead of the night, shoot all the family pets, terrorize your children, and drag you off in handcuffs after beating you within an inch of your life whle accusing you of resisting arrest. The government will happily do all those things even over minor, victimless crimes.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I thought he was in Florida

Actually you are both right, sort of I am in TN now. I used to live in FL. I moved up here 8 years ago.

Thomas Sowell

I think these two should put up or shut up. Atter school by the kickball field I say we make them fight: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-crazy-biden-down-crying-assaulted-103846063--politics.html

Thomas Sowell

I swear you've talked about gun laws in California as if you were in California though GD. Anyways, that's cleared up now.

I just pay attention to the news, that's all. Plus I read stuff from lots of newspaper sites. I think it's still the best way to get real news even if it's no longer "paper".

One nice thing, I have a subscription to the Commercial Appeal, the local paper. If you sign up for the print you get the online access included. They also give you access to all the sites of other papers owned by the parent company, Ganett. So get full access to a dozen or so other publications including one in Australia. It's the best way to get the local flavor without actually going there.

It sucks a little that som many newspaper site are putting up paywalls. But if you buy in the give you your money's worth most of the time. Plus journalists have to eat and pay bills too.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

You can sometimes get around the paywalls (at least the monthly ones) by opening in a private window. Works for WaPo and NYT.

I think these two should put up or shut up. Atter school by the kickball field I say we make them fight: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-crazy-biden-down-crying-assaulted-103846063--politics.html

Ironically, they have a total of 9 or 10 draft deferments for Vietnam between them, heh http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/379719-tapper-shreds-trump-biden-fight-exchange-there-are-nine-draft

edit: Trumps top lawyer (or lead lawyer in Russian Probe anyway), John Dowd, resigned because.... surprise surprise, Trump wasn't following advice.

Edited by smjjames

*quick read o' recent pages*

see we missed funny stuff.

in any event, the following is a bit dated at this point, but occurred almost immediate before the most recent reports o' mcmaster being targeted for removal from wh by the end o' the month.

audio and video is oddly synced for us... if the state department link is too annoying, try the following:

hardly a shock trump wants mcmaster gone, eh?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Literally voted against a law similar to CLOUD Act in a referendum yesterday. Too bad referendums in the Netherworlds are non-binding advisory and the gov's just going to ignore it. :(

Actually you are both right, sort of I am in TN now.

*shiver*

• Like 1

Literally voted against a law similar to CLOUD Act in a referendum yesterday. Too bad referendums in the Netherworlds are non-binding advisory and the gov's just going to ignore it. :(

We don't even get that much say in what our politicians do

We just select the "lesser of two evils" then they go do whatever they want for 2 or 6 years then mostly likely (80-90% chance) get reelected 

Free games updated 3/4/21