Is there any chance equipment from the first game will reappear in PoE2?

I know we are starting off as level 1 characters with basic gear. That is not what I am asking about. 

I am just wondering if anything has been said about some items returning and being able to be found again during the adventure. 

I really like my Grey Sleeper. I sort of think of it as an essential part of my main character's identity at this point. Like Elric and Stormbringer. 

Eothas breaks all your **** and probably kills the pets. I'd guess that we won't see any uniques return.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Weapon wise, I'm expecting the Blade of the Endless Paths (if you forged it) and the Disappointer to return in some form, perhaps Abydon's Hammer too. Beyond that, I doubt anything except Concelhaut's phylactory will come back.

Edited by CottonWolf

Perhaps we'll encounter a sea trader or two who is selling a few unique items collected from Dyrwood. But, other than via an act of the gods, I'm expecting the gear here to be unique to this area.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

That's a great question and I thought about that as well. I honestly have to say that I'll be disappointed, if NOTHING will return. At the very least I expect the more iconic stuff like the blade of the endless paths to show up again (if found and forged of course).

To me it doesn't make a lot of sense if everything was gone/destroyed. Eothas destroying Caed Nua doesn't entirely explain that in my view. The other companions left Caed Nua before that and they would have taken/kept all their stuff. They wouldn't throw their soulbound weapons away.

Regardless, it wouldn't be too disappointed, if all items were new. I'm too interested in this game to let this bum me out.

Well, Cosmo can't die, as the Giant miniature space pig in question comes with the premium edition, along with the tiny obsidian wurm.  I guess those two were out for a night on the town when Eothas woke up.

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: