Politics Thread: Silicon Valley Edition

Blarghagh

The first step down the road to disappointment?

At least those Carrier plant workers who were nonetheless laid off have caught wise to Trump. And with the Kelly news of late their ranks will be joined by those hoping for a wall.

That article you link is an excellent example of dishonest journalism or an absolutely retarded journalist.

The very article it links to disputes many of the Politico article's claims and headline.

Carrier didn't lay off anyone despite Trump, or renege on it's deal. The layoffs mentioned in your article were part of the deal and expected. Initially United Technologies (who owns Carrier, and has been shipping jobs to other nations for quite awhile now) was going to lay off 100% of the workers at the Indiana plant, however a deal was struck in which only some of the workers would be laid off. Trump and Pence are credited with brokering this deal.

Note that UTC, like many many other corporations, have been shipping jobs from high tax states (like New York, which once had Carrier's headquarters) to lower tax states, and to other nations for a very long time now. The rust belt is a thing, and it's primary cause was and is high taxes.

Edited by Valsuelm

I love how leftists lost their mind when an actual doctor annouced that Trump is healthy and fit for this term but the next one as well.

Most of them lost their minds long before this.

I find it interesting how doctor actually said that Trump isn't really in good shape (when taking in consideration his weight and medicines that he is taking) but is healthy enough to most likely to survive next 7 years and how that is twisted to story about how Trump is healthy and fit, because his shape was not as bad as some people predicted/hoped. 

Also I find it interesting how people say that Trump doesn't exercise even though he spent more time on golf course than in office. Even though golf is not most physically straining sport it demands lots of walking even when one uses mostly golf car to move that it would be strange if Trump does not actually do more physical exercise than your typical 70 year old. Although Trump seems to be much worse shape than my Grandmother who is over ten year older than him, but she was athlete in her younger days (like for example when she was 70 ;))

The doctor said the bolded?

I'm not doubting you, however do you have a link?

Also, health is a relative thing. Trump is far from the pinnacle of health, however he is definitely healthier than the average 71 year old, and probably a lot healthier than the average person 10 years his junior. Which really isn't hard as most people are really unhealthy these days.

​As the doctor said, he has the best genes, and could live to 200 if he really wanted to.

Funny_Pictures_pow-blinking-in-morse-cod

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The first step down the road to disappointment?

At least those Carrier plant workers who were nonetheless laid off have caught wise to Trump. And with the Kelly news of late their ranks will be joined by those hoping for a wall.

That article you link is an excellent example of dishonest journalism or an absolutely retarded journalist.

The very article it links to disputes many of the Politico article's claims and headline.

Carrier didn't lay off anyone despite Trump, or renege on it's deal. The layoffs mentioned in your article were part of the deal and expected. Initially United Technologies (who owns Carrier, and has been shipping jobs to other nations for quite awhile now) was going to lay off 100% of the workers at the Indiana plant, however a deal was struck in which only some of the workers would be laid off. Trump and Pence are credited with brokering this deal.

Note that UTC, like many many other corporations, have been shipping jobs from high tax states (like New York, which once had Carrier's headquarters) to lower tax states, and to other nations for a very long time now. The rust belt is a thing, and it's primary cause was and is high taxes.

High taxes where though? You just said low tax states are the ones attracting companies and the rust belt/appalachia states aren't generally thought of as being high tax.

Sure, you could be talking about the corporate tax thing, but even under that, companies were going to low tax states from high tax states.

That bolded part seems contradictory because the rust belt isn't a high tax zone, that I'm aware of.

^Huh, every once in a while we come up with a good idea. Now how will we crap it up? :lol:

EDIT: Whoops, it appears that I have read that backwards. I thought it was designed to help patients, not a-holes "religious objectors".

So you think that people who don't want to kill babies are a-holes? Or is it just religious people who are a-holes?

I love how leftists lost their mind when an actual doctor annouced that Trump is healthy and fit for this term but the next one as well.

Most of them lost their minds long before this.

I find it interesting how doctor actually said that Trump isn't really in good shape (when taking in consideration his weight and medicines that he is taking) but is healthy enough to most likely to survive next 7 years and how that is twisted to story about how Trump is healthy and fit, because his shape was not as bad as some people predicted/hoped. 

Also I find it interesting how people say that Trump doesn't exercise even though he spent more time on golf course than in office. Even though golf is not most physically straining sport it demands lots of walking even when one uses mostly golf car to move that it would be strange if Trump does not actually do more physical exercise than your typical 70 year old. Although Trump seems to be much worse shape than my Grandmother who is over ten year older than him, but she was athlete in her younger days (like for example when she was 70 ;))

The doctor said the bolded?

I'm not doubting you, however do you have a link?

Also, health is a relative thing. Trump is far from the pinnacle of health, however he is definitely healthier than the average 71 year old, and probably a lot healthier than the average person 10 years his junior. Which really isn't hard as most people are really unhealthy these days.

Yes doctor gave measurements that tell that Trump is overweight and he also mentioned Trump takes medicine to help effects of not show good shape like ones to lower his cholesterol, which means that he isn't really in good shape (which of course doesn't mean that he is in bad shape either).

The bolded bit sounded like paraphrasing on elerond's part. Trump is in good shape in the sense that he is in okayish health for his age and there isn't anything in the flashing red light danger zone, Concerns like the cholesterol and weight, yes, but it's not like he is under heart failure or anything terrible like that.

**** Cheney had WAY worse health than Trump.

edit: Gotta love the way the forum blanks out the word Di ck when it's someones name, heh. Not that the forum software would know the difference.

Edited by smjjames

I could never complain about Richard Cheney's name being censored, for some reason it seems highly appropriate. Not sure if he literally had no pulse while he was still VP or a bit after, but he was certainly not at all healthy.

Yes doctor gave measurements that tell that Trump is overweight and he also mentioned Trump takes medicine to help effects of not show good shape like ones to lower his cholesterol, which means that he isn't really in good shape (which of course doesn't mean that he is in bad shape either).

Statins are one of the most prescribed drugs anywhere. Not quite typical to be on them when 70+, but it's common, and fairly common even with fit people with a history/ family history of high blood pressure. In Trump's case he clearly is overweight though.

Came up earlier, but while dementia tests do appear really easy if someone has dementia they absolutely cannot do them properly while someone without will ace them even if they hate tests. That's how they're designed.

yOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGWyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGhyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGayOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGtyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNG yOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGhyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGeyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGayOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGlyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGtyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGhyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNG yOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGcyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGoyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGnyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGcyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGeyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGryOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGnyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGsyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNG yOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGdyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGiyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGdyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNG yOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGDyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGiyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGcyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGkyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNG yOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGCyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGhyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGeyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGnyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGeyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNG yOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGhyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGayOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGvyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGeyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNGyOu HaVe BeEn ViSiTeD bY thE UnREadAbLe sOUrCe tExT GaNG?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

So you think that people who don't want to kill babies are a-holes? Or is it just religious people who are a-holes?

Bwahahaha, what a wide ridiculous net you throw. People "who don't want to kill babies" or are incapable of executing the duties of their positions need to be run out of that position. Go do something else that your "moral or religious compass" will allow. Easy peasy. :lol: Yes, I support abortion. But like all things there are limits, such as the current developmental stage of the fetus. I do not support "late term abortion" unless the life of the mother is at risk. Also, imo, most bible thumpers are a-holes. If that much of a persons mentality is determined by religion then your nothing more than a weak minded automaton. Again, imo. ;)

• Like 2

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/16/conscience-abortion-transgender-patients-health-care-289542

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/01/18/new-hhs-civil-rights-division-charged-with-protecting-health-workers-with-moral-objections/?utm_term=.10f039d2a2b0

While federal officials did not immediately offer details about the new enforcement office, a Conscience and Religious Freedom section appearing Thursday on the HHS site — showing a female health-care worker in a Muslim headscarf — provides some hints. The description of the division's mandate cites abortion, sterilization and assisted suicide as examples of the types of procedures that would be covered. But the language is broad, and health experts said it appears likely to also cover a host of other scenarios, such as treating transgender patients or those seeking to transition to the opposite sex.

HHS said the protections will apply to discrimination or coercion of “providers who refuse to perform, accommodate or assist with certain health-care services on religious or moral grounds.” They would also apply to training and research activities, according to the department.

That is great news. Every business have the right to refuse service to anyone. Why would medical profesions be excluded?

Until you run into issues of discrimination on religious grounds, which is why religious freedom is such a tricky thing over here because it can be used as an excuse to discriminate.

Also, in medicine, the ethic is that you're supposed to treat everybody and refusing service would be wrong.

It's pretty obviously aimed at abortion anyway, and we both know how touchy that subject is.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

There needs to be a section on that graph that shows totals for overall, but otherwise, no surprise there's a partisan split.

As far as the government shut down, that is always the Republicans. They just blame the Dems for making them do it.

Exactly, they control both chambers of Congress and the WH (though the WH isn't being all that helpful, thanks to Trump), it's up to them to reach a bipartisan compromise, but they don't want to.

Meanwhile, the Democrats understandably are trying to work hard the leverage that they have by stonewalling over DACA.

• Like 1

There needs to be a section on that graph that shows totals for overall, but otherwise, no surprise there's a partisan split.

As far as the government shut down, that is always the Republicans. They just blame the Dems for making them do it.

Exactly, they control both chambers of Congress and the WH (though the WH isn't being all that helpful, thanks to Trump), it's up to them to reach a bipartisan compromise, but they don't want to.

Meanwhile, the Democrats understandably are trying to work hard the leverage that they have by stonewalling over DACA.

That is funny. It's the republicans fault for not getting an agreement and then saying Democrats are working hard by "stonewalling".

Let's be honest, neither party plays with the other and hasn't for a long time hence one of our biggest problems we have ongoing politically.

@mods: If the government does shut down (unless a deal comes up 24 hours later or something), maybe lock this thread for length and name the new thread Politics Thread: US government shutdown edition?

Just throwing a thread title idea out there, and you guys usually lock for thread length around this point. Though I guess it could go on for another 10 pages without problems.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 1