Politics Thread: 13 Ghosts

Blarghagh

War Eagle.

They need to make a movie about some USAF Drone pilots and call it that to balance out Crimson Tide

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Looks like Moore's not conceding.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's a shame to see the liberals gloating since they are clearly bereft of conscience over the past few decades. However, if this is what it takes to get things on the straight and narrow, then so be it. Moore is a skeeve. I don't say that because of the allegations against him. I say that entirely based on some of his earliest responses to the allegations. Trust me, I'm not a bandwagon Moore detractor. I wasn't for him long before all this came to light. I don't even want to revisit the latter day accusations against Bill Clinton. The Democrats have finally decided that the person who has the most credible allegations against him by a large number of women for the worst acts is finally not worth their defense. Fair enough. I'm curious how long that will remain so. Don't get ****y about this, though, Democrats. You can't afford to double track much more now. If you don't keep up with this current realization of moral significance, then it *will* come back to haunt you. I feel in my bones the ghosts that are waiting out there. Be done with Moore. I had nothing for disdain for him before he ran for the Senate and, mooreover, I actually knew who he was, what his stances were, and the type of rhetoric he employed. Yeah, I was never a Moore fan and I regret the fact that Strange, who always seemed eminently reasonable to me, couldn't make it past the primary, but this may teach Republicans a lesson. ...And, you can think me a fool, but I don't think the larger issue is over. I'm happy to clean my house because I think there's more dirt in my neighbor's. It's not going to end here. Worst case is, we lose the next two cycles, but if the other side thinks that's a cause to embrace rampant leftism, then to say the victory is pyrrhic will be an understatement. The world is a much more fluid place than even several decades would suggest and people like me have *always* been forced to take the long view.

All that said, in the end, I won't lose any friends over this. I mean, I think some of my friends have briefly stopped following me on one platform or another for my statements over Net Neutrality (not elections), but I won't ask a friend who shows up at my door at 3am "are you a Democrat or Republican?" before I open the door, let him (or more probably her) in, give him a hot meal, and then offer him a place to sleep. There are values that transcend politics, as important as those are.

However, I congratulate the Democrats in Alabama. Perhaps this is the first in a long trend that will change the political landscape for the next fifty years. Maybe not. We'll see.

χαίρετε

Yeah, he's now being stubborn and not conceding because he wants to wait until all the votes are in and until tomorrow, because 'god wills it' or somesuch. I guess it's fair enough if he wants to wait until it's all in, but still.... He's also calling for a recount.

It's a shame to see the liberals gloating since they are clearly bereft of conscience over the past few decades. .

Heh, ok.  

• Like 1

It's a shame to see the liberals gloating since they are clearly bereft of conscience over the past few decades. .

Heh, ok.

Not really a response. The left only recently decided that *maybe* Bill Clinton might not be worth defending. Personally, I won't offer to blow Roy Moore if only he keeps abortions illegal. Trust me, while I can get laughed uproarious laughter here for my statements, it doesn't matter until the end. ...And if anyone thinks Moore is the endgame, he's probably a fool.

χαίρετε

You do know that the Democrats would say the same of the Republicans as far as being bereft of conscience, right? Just replace liberal with conservative and bam, you have the same sort of party line. I'm not trying to hit you over it (okay, maybe a little), just pointing out that the things liberals and conservatives throw at each other have more in common than you might think.

As far as gloating, I don't see any gloating, being estactic, yes, gloating? no. The politicians are doing their thing though.

Heh, ok.

Not really a response. The left only recently decided that *maybe* Bill Clinton might not be worth defending. Personally, I won't offer to blow Roy Moore if only he keeps abortions illegal. Trust me, while I can get laughed uproarious laughter here for my statements, it doesn't matter until the end. ...And if anyone thinks Moore is the endgame, he's probably a fool.

No that is a response.  Just an oddly narrow target you used there.

Gap is up to 2% now,  seems a lot of provisional ballots were given in counties that'd go for Jones so seems unlikely the situation will change  ?

If my comments don't reflect a proper response to your statements, I would suggest not feeling guilty about them. :shrug:

Anyhow, I do agree, the Republicans have fallen into an abyss also. I was uncharacteristically enraged over Donald Trump being nominated. Aw well, to dwell more on this would be depressing and serve no purpose. As to you, Malcador. Fair enough. I would suggest that avalanches start in a narrow path. Clinton normalized skeevery by attacking the accusers. At any rate, I still have a little fight in me, but perhaps a little too much beer. I'll come back to brawl later if I feel up to it. If not, I'll think mean things until I get back on later.

EDIT: ...And good luck for Moore winning, the skeeving scumbag.

Edited by Epaminondas

χαίρετε

Rarely so happy to be wrong

This is one of those  real developments in the USA that despite me asking the question its not actually about getting the correct answer

Its more nuanced and for me this is about a much more almost symbolic balance to restore or align the USA to a more reasonable view where many people who voted for Trump can still determine better moral judgement and not just vote on political expediency ....its very relevant in its own way 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, he's now being stubborn and not conceding because he wants to wait until all the votes are in and until tomorrow, because 'god wills it' or somesuch. I guess it's fair enough if he wants to wait until it's all in, but still.... He's also calling for a recount.
Well it is his right, but since he was denied fair trail and due process before I'm not surprised he will be denied this to.

Jones wins will give Dems one input - it's possible to win using mud throwing again. Waiting for the paper ads "Will accuse a candidate for $$$. Two accusations in price of one."

Trump 2020!

Sharp_one what would be the main reasons you like Trump

Please  be honest, I can guess but I would rather not  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Eh, he didn't lose over being a pedo. That just brought his name out, where black people found out he wanted to remove the amendment against slavery. If your news source doesn't include african americans mobilizing and making the clutch then you're watching fake news.

• Like 1

Well it is his right, but since he was denied fair trail and due process before I'm not surprised he will be denied this to.

Jones wins will give Dems one input - it's possible to win using mud throwing again. Waiting for the paper ads "Will accuse a candidate for $$$. Two accusations in price of one."

Trump 2020!

Sharp_one what would be the main reasons you like Trump

Please be honest, I can guess but I would rather not 8)

His politics and his stand against the liberal agenda. That would be the main. What was your guess?

Trump 2020!

Please define what you mean by a) “his politics” and b) the “liberal agenda”

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Eh, he didn't lose over being a pedo. That just brought his name out, where black people found out he wanted to remove the amendment against slavery. If your news source doesn't include african americans mobilizing and making the clutch then you're watching fake news.

Those were all illegal immigrants from Liberia smuggled in by Soros.

Muslim nations urge recognition of East Jerusalem as Palestinian capital.

Let me see if I have this straight...in all the world only the US and Israel recognize Jerusalem as the capital yet the whole world should recognize East Jerusalem as the capital of the as yet non-existent Palestinian state. Seems legit. :yes:

• Like 3

The only solution now is to just remove Jerusalem. No contentious issues if the city is gone!

Edited by Malcador

The only solution now is to just remove Jerusalem. No contentious issues if the city is gone!

Bomb Palestine with nukes huh? xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Bomb Palestine with nukes huh? xD

Well, not Palestine, just Jerusalem. Then again, people would probably still fight over the earth that once held their holy sites. Heh, does remind me of the Fallout timeline, how Tel Aviv gets obliterated by a nuke near the end of a year.

Trump 2020!

Wanting to wait until the proccess plays out and let all of the votes be counted and all that is perfectly reasonable anyway. The thing is, a recount isn't going to flip him to a win, not with this wide of a margin.

Also, mud throwing has always been around, it's not new.

I don't think that's entirely true - keyword being "entirely". The voting splits suggested that white turnout was horrible - but what whites did vote voted for him (instead of the Dem) at about the same percentage as normal. That happened almost certainly because of the controversy (especially when the large write-in count was almost certainly because of what would've been Republican voters deciding he was not worth their vote). On the other hand, yes, black voters had great turnout (saying that America was better when slavery was still around probably wasn't the wisest choice of words, as indirectly as he said it), and a little over 95% of all black voters went for Jones.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.