With the paladin-specific shield included too, you can get +15 to all defenses, party wide. :)

While the added defense of two saviors is nice, you get it so late in the game (at least I don’t venture down there until near the end). I actually like that small shield that reflects ranged grazes the best of all shields. There are a ton of enemies that have some sort of ranged attack, be it arrows, spells, or slime. If you rush to ACT 3, and then go back and do white march and side quests, you will have it most of the game. Sure, it doesn’t help at all sometimes, but when it does, it really helps a lot. 100% graze-to-miss and A free attack. Granted, it is only helpful if your shield holder is the one targeted. Unless the AI is smart enough to avoid attacking them. In a full 6-party group, i guess the reliabilty of savior or outbound buckler is better.

Yup; for boss fights, I have +15 Defense set-up going.

And I, too, use that reflect shield until I get Little Savior. In fact, I use 2 of them, since you can kill the monks after the quest to get a 2nd copy, LOL! ;)

Oh really? I didn’t know you could kill them for a second shield. Haha! Edited by Braven
  • Like 1

With the paladin-specific shield included too, you can get +15 to all defenses, party wide. :)

While the added defense of two saviors is nice, you get it so late in the game (at least I don’t venture down there until near the end). I actually like that small shield that reflects ranged grazes the best of all shields. There are a ton of enemies that have some sort of ranged attack, be it arrows, spells, or slime. If you rush to ACT 3, and then go back and do white march and side quests, you will have it most of the game. Sure, it doesn’t help at all sometimes, but when it does, it really helps a lot. 100% graze-to-miss and A free attack. Granted, it is only helpful if your shield holder is the one targeted. Unless the AI is smart enough to avoid attacking them. In a full 6-party group, i guess the reliabilty of savior or outbound buckler is better.

Yup; for boss fights, I have +15 Defense set-up going.

And I, too, use that reflect shield until I get Little Savior. In fact, I use 2 of them, since you can kill the monks after the quest to get a 2nd copy, LOL! ;)

Oh really? I didn’t know you could kill them for a second shield. Haha!

In my games I've always been able to do so. But again, I am always wondering if my games are bugged, as weird things always happen in my games ;)

No, that's correct. You can also get two spears from the first xaurip you meet that way. Give Skuldr meat for spear, then kill xaurip and loot another spear.

I guess this works with every NPC who gives you stuff she/he carries? May I should test with Rumbalt from Dyrford and his Lead Spitter.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You mean two Shame or Glories? ;) Or two Cloudpiercers?

Actually I looted Cloudpiercer from Wenan's corpse several times - so I assume you can get it twice if you do "The Bronze beneath the Lake", yes.

• Like 1

I killed Lord Gedmar Doemenel several times but I don't recall getting Misery's End from his corpse. Maybe that's related to the options he gives you (money or Misery's End or a favor for later). Maybe because of this he's not wearing Misery's End before you don't choose that option. But I never killed him after he gave me Misery's End, so that's worth a try.

Wenan drops Cloudpiercer - I guess every time. At least he used to.

Actually I never killed Commander Clyver...  :blush:

Maybe you have to do the quest, get the sword from him and THEN kill him in order to get it twice? Same with Lord Gedmar I guess? As if the weapon is only put in their inventory if the quest/option for the weapon is fulfilled.

If this works one could have two dual wielders with double marking setup (2 Shame or Glory + 2 Cladhaliath). Super Double Darcozzi Tag Team! :) If you enchant Cladhaliath also with Coordinating it's total accuracy overflow. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Maybe you have to do the quest, get the sword from him and THEN kill him in order to get it twice? Same with Lord Gedmar I guess? As if the weapon is only put in their inventory if the quest/option for the weapon is fulfilled.

Wow double shame.. that's more like an exploit! lol.

I hate situations when wearing Little Savior you get dominated / charmed and it provides +10 resistances to your enemies, even after dominated / charmed effect is over...

I've reported this issue long ago, but I guess PoE I is no longer supported regarding fixes and such things.

You mean +5 I guess?

ye :)

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, but as I said I don't think it's that much better than Shatterstar (or Strike Hard) + Godansthunyr to justify the use of the Helwax Mold (for me I mean). Only thing that bothers me is  that Godanythunyr looks so much different than Strike Hard and Shatterstar. While the latter looks more "convervative" and simple, Godansthunyr looks like something from Final Fantasy. ;)

By the way there are two hammers that share the same 3D-model but use different colors and look good with Godansthunyr: Haba's Hammer and Jarpie's Warhammer. Both are only excemtional hammers and have nothing unique except the looks. They can be bought at Vincent Dwellier in the CRPG. I often use them as backup weapon set against certain enemies and will have enchanted them accordingly (e.g. beast slaying + shocking lash and primordial slaying + freezing lash or whatever).  

I find myself loving Hours of St. Rumbalt so much now. At the moment i only have Shatterstar. Godansthunyr only comes quite late. Haba or Jarpie doesn't seems to have any disabling effect ie. stun or prone. Any other Warhammer that i can pair with Shatterstar? Initially i wanted a really fast DW disabler. But seems like HoSR does better because of the crazy +ACC.

Edited by Archaven

Another good candidate (actually best in terms of dps) is Strike Hard - but it comes as late as Godansthunyr.

Hours of St. Rumbalt is a great weapon. It works also well with durgan steel because the crit chance goes up (=more prone) while the crit damage gets boosted, too (stacks with Annihilating). If you focus on crits and crit damage (Merciless Hand and so on) it's a lot of fun.

Another good candidate (actually best in terms of dps) is Strike Hard - but it comes as late as Godansthunyr.

Hours of St. Rumbalt is a great weapon. It works also well with durgan steel because the crit chance goes up (=more prone) while the crit damage gets boosted, too (stacks with Annihilating). If you focus on crits and crit damage (Merciless Hand and so on) it's a lot of fun.

Thanks. Then it seems i'm living with HoSR for now. Btw.. does DAoM stacks with Frenzy? Or i should forget about DAoM? Also.. i was wondering myself regarding Chanter. Does Chanter need ACC? How much Survival you normally give to a Chanter? Is he better off taking Lore instead? I'm always taking Survival for the Racial bonus. Was wondering if Invocations or Dragon Thrashed.. does it rely on ACC?

Yeah i'm playing a crit build as Prone/Stun very much relies on crit so.. Merciless Hand seems to synergise well with Crit. By the way why not Mob Justice instead? +ACC means better chance in critting ?

Hey OP!  if you do go with a single weapon build you'll probably suffer.  its accuracy bonus might seem handy, and you may think that you'll do fine with hit-and-run tactics (in which you don't benefit from dual wielding as much anyway) but usually those tactics also mean you're out of the fighting - and not doing damage - while your party launches a bunch of debuffs and conditions on your enemies... in which case, the accuracy/onehand bonuses are kind of moot.  100% chance to crit + 15% chance to crit is still 100%.

If single weapon is a must for "reasons" than there are a lot of on crit one handers.  Nightshroud comes to mind, as does We Toki.  Chadhlegphhhhht! or whatever that dang spear is called that you can build in early act 2 can be given stun on crit,  and vicious (+20% damage to prone/stun enemies).  Also, it has the natural +5accuracy.  Because, you know, spears.

If onehanded is not a sticking point, then consider a two handed weapon, if you're looking for burst damage.  Might seem counterintuitive for a rogue as losing out on those dualwield fullattacks with say riposte or other abilities sucks, but against high dr enemies, twohanders reign - nothing chunks dragons like a greatsword or estoc backstab, if you can do the invisibility thing.  If you use a reach weapon, you can also avoid messy disengagements.  It does require a bit of micromanagement though, to poke at the periphery of the combat, and you waste a lot of great disengagement talents, but you do save a tiny amount of time running instead of waiting for abilities to activate.   I was considering a Rogue with tidefall and aedrin's wrecker, soldier focus.  Throw on boots of speed, and deleterious alacrity of motion potions, and enchant some simple clothes (i like the raggedy madman look) and you'll surprise yourself with how much single target damage you can do.  Don't worry about boosting accuracy to the max, the rogue gets more damage and accuracy out of debuffed enemies than in buffing themselves.  

So, whether 1h or 2h, just beware solo-runs with this slow attack rogue you're considering.  All the best debuffs come from other classes.  If you absolutely must solo, because, youknow, becuz... rotfinger gloves can do some decent debuffs for you, and you can get them very early.  Rope Belt's good too(stuck condition helps you both offensively and defensively.) Oh, and that purple head-wreath too, because nothing says you're dangerous like pink flowers in your hair.  Not sure why it's AOE sickening, maybe its that shade of lavender that clashes with all the otherwise sensible clothing/armor colors you have.