Politics - Episode 9: The Lurking Fear

Rosbjerg

"Where's your proof?"

Obama's words are proof. The guy is pro BLm and if youa r epro BLM you are pro racism, hatred, and violence.

Anyone who thinks I'm 'altright' or even 'right/Conservative/Republican' needs to first define what that means and what it actually entails then explain how I fit in.

Quite frankly, my 'beliefs' would likely be termed 'traditional liberalism' if anything. I'm pro gay marriage (I don't give a **** if two people get married or have sex if they are adults), I'm not religious AT ALL (the only time I step into a church at all as an adult is if someone I know gets married),I'm fine with increasing minimum wage (even though I actually get paid more than minimum wage and increasing it will only hurt me by devaluing what I do make), etc., I believe in liberal arts, and I believe infreedom which used to be a staple of libveralism but not anymore.

BUT L0L 'I'M 'alt right'. LMAO An insult that has no meaning and basically comes down to 'white person who darres  has an opinion that isn't nu Liibtard. LMAO

Trump is a douchebag. So is Obama.  GAME OVER.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't think anybody actually said that you're 'alt-right' volourn, at least not recently that I know of.

Just out of random curiosity, are there any recent presidents that you don't think are douchebags? Though I guess you can look at all of the US presidents in history if you want.

Edited by smjjames

"I don't think anybody actually said that you're 'alt-right' volourn, at least not recently that I know of."

" if I had to guess I would say alt-right? "

L0L The second quote is from the last page. :p

As for your not so random curiousity, while neither are close to perfect 9I have certain big issues with them) but I'd say neither Bill Clinton or George Bush were 'douchebags'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The incidents at Charlottesville have me incredibly concerned. Racism and white supremacy have always been problems in this country, it was practically built on the backs of both, this hatred has been part of the United States for a long time. But I've never before seen it this animated, this public, this emboldened. I know these white supremacist terrorists didn't come out of nowhere, they were radicalized online or by hyper-partisanship and inflamed by the election of Trump. I don't know how to counter the pipers pipe of white supremacy and start steering my more conservative friends back from such violent and hateful places.

I'm afraid and worried, it's going to get worse isn't it?

• Like 1

Daily Stormer got ToS'd by Go Daddy after being hacked by Anonymous. Kind of surprised they weren't before any hack occurred.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Daily Stormer got ToS'd by Go Daddy after being hacked by Anonymous. Kind of surprised they weren't before any hack occurred.

Why? It's not like anything but the bottom line matters to go daddy anyway.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The incidents at Charlottesville have me incredibly concerned. Racism and white supremacy have always been problems in this country, it was practically built on the backs of both, this hatred has been part of the United States for a long time. But I've never before seen it this animated, this public, this emboldened. I know these white supremacist terrorists didn't come out of nowhere, they were radicalized online or by hyper-partisanship and inflamed by the election of Trump. I don't know how to counter the pipers pipe of white supremacy and start steering my more conservative friends back from such violent and hateful places.

I'm afraid and worried, it's going to get worse isn't it?

Well, it has been this animated, public, and emboldened. Just not for half a century.

Why? It's not like anything but the bottom line matters to go daddy anyway.

If you're going for the cynical frame of thought, they have to uphold their terms of service which must be law abiding.

"There is no doubt that Trump's messaging has given confidence and leash to the ethno-nationalists. He knows who his base is and he knows who he has in-part galvanized behind him."

If so, he pulled an Obama.

Nah, Obama did address saggy pants:

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Fair enough, just thought there would have been complaints before. Didn't know much of Go Daddy's reputation either way

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

it feels like USA is on the verge of a civil war.

while it threatens to engage in a nuclear war.

while it threatens to engage in a conventional war

while it is currently fighting like 3 or 4 wars all over the world

could the time when we all play fallout for real be coming?

one can only hope

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

one can only hope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoDKqwhMo4Q

Brother Nathanael thinks so.

Damn, this fella sings pretty good:

Edited by Katphood

"Where's your proof?"

Obama's words are proof. The guy is pro BLm and if youa r epro BLM you are pro racism, hatred, and violence.

Anyone who thinks I'm 'altright' or even 'right/Conservative/Republican' needs to first define what that means and what it actually entails then explain how I fit in.

Quite frankly, my 'beliefs' would likely be termed 'traditional liberalism' if anything. I'm pro gay marriage (I don't give a **** if two people get married or have sex if they are adults), I'm not religious AT ALL (the only time I step into a church at all as an adult is if someone I know gets married),I'm fine with increasing minimum wage (even though I actually get paid more than minimum wage and increasing it will only hurt me by devaluing what I do make), etc., I believe in liberal arts, and I believe infreedom which used to be a staple of libveralism but not anymore.

BUT L0L 'I'M 'alt right'. LMAO An insult that has no meaning and basically comes down to 'white person who darres  has an opinion that isn't nu Liibtard. LMAO

Trump is a douchebag. So is Obama.  GAME OVER.

Firstly I want to recognize the effort you have put into this post, this is exactly the types of posts I wish you always wrote. I am sure I have asked you similar questions before but you never responded in such detail, no matter its more relevant you made this post now

Did I tell you I can truly say you taught me at least 3 new ways to look at life and SJ developments in  a better more honest way. These new perspectives I gained are nuanced yet relevant to how I look at the greater objectives I strive for in RL

I can mention what they are if you interested ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

that seems rather antisemitic..... Maybe it's your Iranian governments propoganda leaking out of your ears.

That? 

No, that proves that some guy on the other end of the world has a whole lot more than I do and is a whole lot more stupid than I am. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't hate Jews or any specific folks or nations.

Edited by Katphood

that seems rather antisemitic..... Maybe it's your Iranian governments propoganda leaking out of your ears.

That? 

No, that proves that some guy on the other end of the world has a whole lot more than I do and is a whole lot more stupid than I am. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't hate Jews or any specific folks or nations.

Ow, nice barb (if that was even aimed at me).

I didn't say YOU were antisemitic, just that particular video is a little bit. I could be reading into it a bit too much, I don't know.

And I was kind of making a joke with the Iranian government propoganda thing, which was probably unwarranted.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 1

one can only hope

Meh, in terms of fighting the most wars, the U.S. is still playing catch up to Great Britain. :p

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

And I was kind of making a joke with the Iranian government propoganda thing, which was probably unwarranted.

Our so called government is a joke so no, not in the least bit, sir.

EDIT: Good lord!!!! He finally said it: https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAq2K0X?m=en-us

Edited by Katphood

I get that's supposed to be satirical or something, but uh, that seems rather antisemitic..... Maybe it's your Iranian governments propoganda leaking out of your ears.

Funny, considering that the guy was a Jew himself (in as much as you can "stop" being jewish), and he's covering The Doors and Leonard Cohen. Maybe it's your American government's propaganda leaking out of your ears.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

one can only hope

Meh, in terms of fighting the most wars, the U.S. is still playing catch up to Great Britain. :p

simultaneous wars?

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I get that's supposed to be satirical or something, but uh, that seems rather antisemitic..... Maybe it's your Iranian governments propoganda leaking out of your ears.

Funny, considering that the guy was a Jew himself (in as much as you can "stop" being jewish), and he's covering The Doors and Leonard Cohen. Maybe it's your American government's propaganda leaking out of your ears.

Coulda fooled me with the orthodox christian cross, at least I think that's the orthodox christian cross, and it was ignorance on my part as I hadn't heard of/seen the guy before. I didn't catch the context of the first one, though the second was definetly bashing the botched Yemen raid.

Maybe it's your American government's propaganda leaking out of your ears.

Har Har

Edited by smjjames

Coulda fooled me with the orthodox christian cross, at least I think that's the orthodox christian cross, and it was ignorance on my part. I didn't catch the context of the first one, though the second was definetly bashing the botched Yemen raid.

Yeah, he's supposedly Orthodox Christian now, but on the internet, who knows. He's bastardized the lyrics somewhat but from what I've gathered he's just your run of the mill anti-Zionist Putin fanboy. Not necessarily an anti-semite though.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I hadn't heard of/seen the guy before.

You are a very healthy human being, I envy you.

But yeah, Brother Nathanael is a jew who converted to christianity,

Edited by Katphood