What are you playing right now?

Nope, it's completely separate. Well, except for the MUT content which I haven't unlocked yet because I don't really play the ultimate team mode. You don't play a real game of football for the story mode either just QTEs, challenges, and minigames. The story is just your journey to the draft as a college dropout.

Free games updated 3/4/21

My backlog is growing again!

Just started Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and am committed to playing it. But I also recently started Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5. And am still playing God Eater: Resurrection. I'm supposed to be finishing up Dies Irae and Muv-Luv Alternative comes out in a handful of weeks.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nope, it's completely separate. Well, except for the MUT content which I haven't unlocked yet because I don't really play the ultimate team mode. You don't play a real game of football for the story mode either just QTEs, challenges, and minigames. The story is just your journey to the draft as a college dropout.

That's pretty lame. I'm glad I didn't buy it yet.

• Like 1

The release build for The Escapists 2 is now live, here are the details... (If interested):

"Patch 1 notes

- Fixed an issue where combat controls would stop working when opening any UI

- Fixed an issue where combat medics were unable to get to players in the underground of Rattlesnake Springs when digging out from cells

- Fixed an issue where player 2 in a Local multiplayer game would lose controller functionality after disconnecting their controllers while the game was minimized

- Fixed an issue where loading a save game twice during a meal routine would cause meal trays to display as white squares

- Fixed an audio issue that could occur during prolonged gameplay sessions

- Chinese - Implemented a smaller font, to fix various display issues

- Chinese - Added "Craft" and "Hold to craft" localisation to the crafting menu

- Chinese - Fixed an issue with Menu and Controller icons appearing incorrectly in the main menu

- Tons of stability tweaks

Patch 2 notes

- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor wasn’t working in menus when a touch-screen device or Oculus Rift was detected

- Improved multiplayer stats and progression saving, allowing for all players to keep their progress when re-joining a game, provided they spawn into the same prison cell*. We will continue to work on this feature, and aim to improve it even further in the future

- Reduced the likelihood of YouTubers/Twitch streamers appearing in-game

- Further stability improvements

*Each prison has four cells available for players, which are assigned when players join. Stats (Intellect, Strength and Fitness) along with money are tied to the cell that each player occupies. For example: If a player makes some progress and then leaves, the next player to join will then be given that cell and inherit the progress of the previous cell occupant. Cells are assigned to players in the same order every time, so if a group of friends are playing together and they want to carry on in the same cells as their previous session, they need to join the game in the same order as when they first played together in that prison."

http://steamcommunity.com/games/641990/announcements/detail/1434814734653689110

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The release build for The Escapists 2 is now live, here are the details... (If interested):

Yep. I'm interested and it looks like devs have been busting ass. If the patch(es) don't break more stuff than they fix and the fixes work as advertised, I take what I said back. Core gameplay is pretty good and well worth the admission price.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That's pretty lame. I'm glad I didn't buy it yet.

It's decent for what it is and if they can build on it next year and make it like NBA2K's seasons long plots and stories I can see buying the game for that mode alone. Right now it's closer to the year Spike Lee did the story but with more interactivity and it doesn't transition into a regular career mode like that one did.

The ultimate team mode had been expanded a lot of that's something you're into and so far the career mode seems the same as it had been for the last few games.

I'd say if you don't normally but the new Madden every year as soon as it comes out then Longshot mode on its own isn't worth breaking that habit

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Tried out Rimworld... wasn't my type of game so I refunded it. I wanted to see why everyone was raving about it. Just didn't hit home for me I guess.

5 more days til Sonic Mania. 6 more days til X-Morph Defense. Canceled my pre-order of Hob because the devs lack communication with the community. While I understand developers are busy with normal lives, it's very rare that small indie devs will not answer any questions or say "Join our Discord" and tell other community members to feel free to answer important questions because they wont be around. I couldn't support them after that... even if they made the beloved Torchlight series.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Having a real good laugh playing Stories: The Path Of Destiny. Really enjoying the writing.

That always did look really good.

I just picked up The Evil Within bundle. It was so cheap and needless to say, I'm a horror fan. This is Shigami's best work since Resident Evil 4. With the sequel right around the corner and Halloween approaching fast, I figured why not play through it again? (I had it on Xbox One but traded it in - kept the uber cool 3D box tho) :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Caved in and bought Mortal Kombat XL. Finished the story mode already and having little bit of fun playing it around.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Got up early this morning and put two hours in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I'm just afraid this is going to be very short. Feels like I'm entering the final act after only about 4 or 5 hours.

• Like 1

Got up early this morning and put two hours in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I'm just afraid this is going to be very short. Feels like I'm entering the final act after only about 4 or 5 hours.

That's unfortunate. What I read online said it should last for 8-9 hours, and up to 12 hours if you do all the side stuff. :(

I may just be miscounting my time played or am not really entering the final act. Or both.

• Like 1

Doom 3 and Rage... I don't see how these games got so much hate but okay lol

First time I play Doom 3 and I think it's better than the new Doom, not as intuitive or fast-paced or fluid as the new Doom but there's just more to it atmosphere wise which I care about more. The pacing is slow but seemed to have picked up quickly.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is liking this Doom 3 over the new Doom.

Anyways,

Rage is like a Mad Max inspired fps. Like Doom 3 I am just playing it for the first time. I'm seeing some Borderlands inspiration as well only more streamlined. Alot of steampunk post-apocalypse stuff going on with reavers and such.

I used to hate the old idTech and Source engines but now I kinda miss it lol I am having flashbacks of when Doom 3 and Half Life 2 were the flagship games for the ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb vpu. Those were the days my friends, I thought they'd never end.

• Like 1

Never finished Doom 3 because it got super boring mid-game.

Rage was awesome, but the end is utter crap.. completely ruined an otherwise great game. Oh, and the texture streaming that still has issues today.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Playin more Rage... a few hours in and ddly enough, Rage is everything I've wanted from a Fallout game. Not burdened down by lame vats, over customization or crafting garbage. Just straight up post-pock goodness. Simple but yet more depth. I guess that explains alot :/

I may just be miscounting my time played or am not really entering the final act. Or both.

well which chapter are you? and if you don't do unimportant stuff in the open world chapter and/or die a lot, then you can breeze through the game pretty fast.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Have unlocked all four truths in Stories. I guess I am now at a point where I could find the right path to win the game. But I kinda hope I'll miss it so I can see the other endings :p

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Finished off Thimbleweed Park.  Ending was kind of ehh, fourth wall breaking was kind of funny but still a bit of a let down.  Still, not a bad game and at the very least the backers got something more than the usual KS dreck :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing Death Knights of Krynn, and really liking it so far; next up will be Dark Queen of Krynn.

Prey is half off on Steam, and also there's a free trial. Started playing it yesterday.

Still not quite feeling Prey, but I'm chugging through it. I'm cheating resources to give me lots of neuromods though, which works for me. This progression system gives me absolutely no clue as to what I can expect to be able to hit through normal play, so I'm trying to grab all the stuff that's interesting now.

Is Prey as good as the original? (Prey

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

Doom 3 and Rage... I don't see how these games got so much hate but okay lol

First time I play Doom 3 and I think it's better than the new Doom, not as intuitive or fast-paced or fluid as the new Doom but there's just more to it atmosphere wise which I care about more. The pacing is slow but seemed to have picked up quickly.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is liking this Doom 3 over the new Doom.

Anyways,

Rage is like a Mad Max inspired fps. Like Doom 3 I am just playing it for the first time. I'm seeing some Borderlands inspiration as well only more streamlined. Alot of steampunk post-apocalypse stuff going on with reavers and such.

I used to hate the old idTech and Source engines but now I kinda miss it lol I am having flashbacks of when Doom 3 and Half Life 2 were the flagship games for the ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb vpu. Those were the days my friends, I thought they'd never end.

I grew up with the originals but Doom 3 is hands down my favorite Doom.

Rage got alot of flak bc of Bethesda closed mouth policy, people unfortunately took it as another "Falloutish" and got pissed when it wasn't when it came out.

Edited by redneckdevil

BUll****. Rage deservedly got a lot of flak because ot it's graphics, you got low res ****, it's nonexistent story and the ending. They created an interesting world but the characters that all talk a lot are more or less shallow and forgetabble. It may look like it'll be more but it's just a a linear shooter in the end, with some easy racing added in.  The shooting part and the enemies are nothing argue against though. It also does show that id has learned on it's doom 3 choices  when it comes to pacing.

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Yup, the shooter part was really good. The world actually *looked* good, even though it is highly linear. The texture streaming was completely borked (and still is, last time I checked it). The story is like... I don't know, they just stopped and called it a day.

Sometimes I find myself restarting Rage, but I never finish it. Really a shame... This thing could have been so good.

Oh, and it didn't helped that the modding tools got released years later. At this point it was too late. Nobody had any interest in the game and engine anymore. They should have put it out right at release, then I bet we would have seen some cool projects arise.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."