What are you playing right now?

Finished Minerva's Den which was probably one of the best DLC I've ever played.

Started Bioshock: Infinite and while I have finished the main game twice already, it still feels fun to play. I also like the story, it's better than most sci-fi movies I've seen in recent years. :p  

All of this Bioshocking makes me wish I knew what Ghost Story Games are up to. The future of the BioShock series is still in the hands of 2K Marin though which reminds me that I should play The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. Good thing I have it on Steam. 

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I should play The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Everybody should, to experience it as a cautionary tale at the very least. Great ideas appear all across that game, marred by poor execution and rushed development. Such a shame.
  • Like 2

Burning time with Wizardry 7 at the moment and waiting for Grimoire's patching marathon to reach the second half and the game in GOG. Might be a long wait, but it doesn't matter.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I have The Bureau on Steam too but never played it. I love Xcom, but I think it will upset me more than entertain me.

Played it for 20 mins, then deleted it. Never touched it again. Any money is wasted on it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Oh! My apologies, didn't realize it had a big XCOM written in the title.

Nah, just kidding. I am interested in the game only because it is made by the same guys who made...errr...BioShock 2 & Minerva's Den.

Bought this Hellblade yesterday and tested it for a few minutes this morning. Cant say much yet, but the graphics are damn impressive so far. Also I just love this celtic tribal women stuff. Thats my fetish, I guess.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Nah, just kidding. I am interested in the game only because it is made by the same guys who made...errr...BioShock 2 & Minerva's Den.

It's a Mass Effect knockoff when it comes to gameplay. I played it until the end.

It's a Mass Effect knockoff when it comes to gameplay. I played it until the end.

Damn, it's that good? I was hoping Advent Rising would give me a few Mass Effect vibes but oh well, all the more excited to play it but I gotta finish BioShock: Infinite and the DLC's first.

Edited by Katphood

It's not really that at all tho - a big part of ME's gameplay was dialogue + choice and consequence that plays pretty much no role at all in The Bureau. On the other hand, tactical gameplay is expanded on quite significantly in The Bureau, in spite of it not working properly half the time and being irritating the other half. But yes, like Mass Effect, it's a third person cover-based shooter in its core.

It's not really that at all tho - a big part of ME's gameplay was dialogue + choice and consequence that plays pretty much no role at all in The Bureau. On the other hand, tactical gameplay is expanded on quite significantly in The Bureau, in spite of it not working properly half the time and being irritating the other half. But yes, like Mass Effect, it's a third person cover-based shooter in its core.

It basically also steals the power wheel and some of the powers. If I remember correctly, it even uses the same dialog wheel.

So, Hellblade is... It's structured primarily as a semi-linear (you can sometimes choose order in which you want to do things) narratively driven experience ... Thing, but reasonably heavy in gameplay department - for a narratively driven game that is. I do love that the game uses gameplay pretty much solely for the purpose of strengthening its narrative. Senua's struggle, her fear, her desperation and psychosis heavily influence everything you do, from combat to basic movement. She gets slower and voices get more desperate as she gets hit in combat, there are bits of the game where she's afraid and the run button just won't work... Yeah, I like it. Just be aware that the whole game is very much focused on granting player an experience that could not be replicated in quite the same way in any other medium - it is, however, still primarily a semi-linear story.

It basically also steals the power wheel and some of the powers. If I remember correctly, it even uses the same dialog wheel.

Meh, there's been more games from the period that used that dialogue wheel, and it's not like ME's powers were particularly original to begin with. But yeah, the game definitely does take inspiration from ME - gameplay is focused far too differently for it to be much of a knockoff tho. Edited by Fenixp

I really like the X-Com: Enemy Unknown, can't stand the old ones which were a mess. Couldn't get into the newest one because of the changes.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So, Hellblade is... It's structured primarily as a semi-linear (you can sometimes choose order in which you want to do things) narratively driven experience ... Thing, but reasonably heavy in gameplay department - for a narratively driven game that is. I do love that the game uses gameplay pretty much solely for the purpose of strengthening its narrative. Senua's struggle, her fear, her desperation and psychosis heavily influence everything you do, from combat to basic movement. She gets slower and voices get more desperate as she gets hit in combat, there are bits of the game where she's afraid and the run button just won't work... Yeah, I like it. Just be aware that the whole game is very much focused on granting player an experience that could not be replicated in quite the same way in any other medium - it is, however, still primarily a semi-linear story.

Sometimes better gameplay (actual gameplay) is better than story. I'm glad you're enjoying it, although I think many people here on this particular wouldn't like it just because it doesn't offer options.

Still though, doesn't make it an inferior game compared to what people here are playing, just different. From what I've seen it looks awesome. The PS3 game they made was awesome and pc gamers should just be glad that this one made it to Steam ;)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I really like the X-Com: Enemy Unknown, can't stand the old ones which were a mess. Couldn't get into the newest one because of the changes.

I'm going to regret asking but which old ones? The ones with the overwhelmingly positive reviews on holy GabeN's Steam?

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'm going to regret asking but which old ones? The ones with the overwhelmingly positive reviews on holy GabeN's Steam?

I have the boxed versions, not sure if that makes a difference. The Steam versions are probably a bit better than the GoG/boxed versions per usual.

I have the boxed versions, not sure if that makes a difference. The Steam versions are probably a bit better than the GoG/boxed versions per usual.

I honestly don't know what you mean. I wanted to know which games you thought were a mess, not which versions. :)

I honestly don't know what you mean. I wanted to know which games you thought were a mess, not which versions. :)

In case you didn't know, Steam's versions of classic games usually vastly differ from the GoG and original boxed versions. We see this in games like Age Of Empires, Silver, Kotor 2, etc I wouldn't doubt if the X-com franchise was any different.

The only ones I have are X-Com Ufo Defense, Enforcer and Enemy Unknown - I might have the Bureau one as well, I'm not sure lol

You know GoG actually changes classics if they need it, Dungeon Keeper 2 for instance (and that's a game you can't even buy on Steam, so there's that), but whatever. It doesn't have achievements or trading cards though. *shrug*

Steam, or rather Valve, doesn't do anything of the sort. They just release what the developers give them. The Kotor 2 patch was developed by Aspyr who made the mobile version of the game - and the main difference between the original is that the patch comes with the restored content mod - which sort of is available for the normal versions as well.

Edited by majestic

I have several old games on Steam that don't work. How to fix that? Either pirate or buy the GOG version. And since I don't pirate games, GOG it is.

I have no problem with Steam. Own over 600 games, but their support for older games is less than stellar.

• Like 2

I'm not knocking Origin or GoG, I use those and love those always. I also don't aim to give Valve any credit for that but it's rather the developers/publishers who favor Steam probably because the community is far bigger.