How Long Do You Think KOTOR2 Will Be??

If KotOR 1 was this long: <---------->

Then KotOR IIs length is: <---------->

Just my opinion.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Regardless of how long it is, It still won't be long enough.

What I would like to see is a developer reply to this topic.

And an additional question...will we be able to travel back to other planets after the game is technically over? I really wanted to return to some planets in KOTOR after defeating Malak as either the savior or ruler of the galaxy.

well i just hope its not as long as morrowind... maaaan, that thing was LONG

Morrowinds main story wasn't really that long, it got longer if you wanted to become grand master of some guilds and a great House but that was due to the time needed to train your skills to reach the minimum limit. I guess that's why I liked Morrowind, you could play it in so many ways. I can only hope that Obsidian will add at least some of that element in KOTOR2 (although I'm sceptical about that).

EDIT: I also hope that Obsidian gives us more to do on the different planets since some of the different planets feel a bit empty or short. I'm not talking about giving us 10 planets or more but give each planet more interesting locations and quests. Make the planets feel less claustrophobic.

If you skip the sidequests I figure about the same lenght.

The lenght of KOTOR1 was not to long, not to short.. good.

So I hope about the same lenght, but with more sidequests to play with.

It better be longer, now we got more levels and the PC wasn't equal to the power of a Lord of the Sith before getting memory wiped recently either(well he/she better damn well not be! :unsure: ) so unless we got a Valley of the Jedi handy to suck some power from ... ah well.

well i just hope its not as long as morrowind... maaaan, that thing was LONG

Morrowind was 80% walking, 15% searching for a specifik cave/house and 5% action.

*walk to some ashlander village*

*learn that you need a pair of exquisite shoes to present to the chief*

*walk to nearest harbor/silt strider*

*travel around til you find a clothier*

*travel back to same harbor/silt strider*

*walk to the ashlander village*

*learn that you now need to get the chieftain a wife. a wife dressed in exquisite skirt, exquisite shirt and exquisite shoes*

*travel back to harbor/silt strider*

*travel to clothier*

*travel to slave dealer*

*learn that you need Telvanni bug musk*

*travel around til you find some*

Et cetera ad infinitum.

Sheesh.. I hated the walking in that game. Tip: use the coc cheat.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

I played Morrowind and it's mods quite a time (also made some mods, or was part of making it) and there is alot of alternative for walking... like mark/recall and there is a mod called Private Mobile Base which easely allows you to travel morrowind in little time (it's not considered cheating, it's a briliantly made mod that I think fits with morrowind roleplaying).

I could tell alot more about this but since this is not an appropiate forum I won't.

As for the length of the game, I think it should be as long as the first KOTOR, because that worked out well. But because there is more companions and sidequests for light and dark, the replay value of the game will probably be higher then that of the original game.

As for the "badass bosses", if you look for that kind of game go play diablo or something, KOTOR is a RPG realistic to the Starwars universe, and the bosses were allright in the first KOTOR if you ask me. I didn't really hear any complaining about that part of the game.

I didn't really hear any complaining about that part of the game.

Right, where were you listening at ?!? The lack of any form of challenge presented by this game is one of the biggest complains.

I don't understand how the fact you could kill anybody in the original KOTOR with less then two hits made the game in line with the Star Wars universe.

As far as i remember, killing Dark Jedis was quite a challenge in all the movies i've seen, but that could be me...

This was KotoR length:

<--->

Simply put, it was WAYYYYYYYYY to easy. I blew through the game once I got Jedi levels.

If the sequal fixes the force powers

<------> I'd imagine (good length).

Otherwise

<-->

because I'll immediately know what optimisations to take to wipe the floor with everything.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

I expect 60 hours, and I mean 60 hours. Not 60 hours of doing nothing but actively playing.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."