RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

I stumbled across this cool looking game called Tokyo 42. It's an open-world isometric game in which you control an assassin - as if the name wasn't already obvious enough. Tokyo 42 =/= Hitman 47. The game looks sweet though, the art is low poly-esque but it's beautiful. There's stealth and run and gun.

It's basically a mixture of Party Hard, GTA, Hitman, MGS and Not A Hero. Guess this will be that "one purchase of the month" for me.

Edit: Well, on the website it says "A lovechild of GTA1 and Syndicate". Is anyone here old enough to remember Syndicate? -_-

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 3

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Some people here even remember the release of Elite 1 ;-)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Some people here even remember the release of Elite 1 ;-)

Usually memory loss starts at that age...

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/surviving-mars

Hopefully more sim-ey than Cities.

Edit: Kat's embed didn't load, missed him beating me to it

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wonder how big a EU4 GoTY type pack would be.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://youtu.be/fPgbydq3qMs

Wonder how big a EU4 GoTY type pack would be.

Smaller than CK2 GOTY? :-P

• Like 2

Man, I am pretty triggered right now, :p. The so-called "Byzantine" Empire was a direct continuation of the Roman Empire - the term "Byzantine" is in fact a modern made-up word to describe the different (Latin vs. the later Greek) periods of the Roman Empire. In other words, people of the time considered themselves Roman, not Byzantines. The United States has about as good of a claim to the title of "Third Rome" as Russia does...although on different grounds, just as the Holy Roman Empire and, later, Nazis did.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I have not seen your trailer yet. Work :( So I was thinking that this will be some Pope or HRE themed expansion.

Man, I am pretty triggered right now, :p. The so-called "Byzantine" Empire was a direct continuation of the Roman Empire - the term "Byzantine" is in fact a modern made-up word to describe the different (Latin vs. the later Greek) periods of the Roman Empire. In other words, people of the time considered themselves Roman, not Byzantines. The United States has about as good of a claim to the title of "Third Rome" as Russia does...although on different grounds, just as the Holy Roman Empire and, later, Nazis did.

Another irony is that the Byzantine Empire (which was the eastern half of the Roman Empire after Rome became so big and stretched so thin that it became effectively impossible to govern from a single seat of power, especially one so far away from the eastern most reaches of the empire) became a thing after the city it was named after, Byzantium, had been renamed to Constantinople, in honor or Emperor Constantine.  

After the fall of the Byzantine Empire to the Ottomans, the city would be renamed again to Istanbul, for further spite.  On the plus side, it would inspire a pretty great They Might Be Giants song.  :p

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Another irony is that the Byzantine Empire (which was the eastern half of the Roman Empire after Rome became so big and stretched so thin that it became effectively impossible to govern from a single seat of power, especially one so far away from the eastern most reaches of the empire) became a thing after the city it was named after, Byzantium, had been renamed to Constantinople, in honor or Emperor Constantine.  

After the fall of the Byzantine Empire to the Ottomans, the city would be renamed again to Istanbul, for further spite.  On the plus side, it would inspire a pretty great They Might Be Giants song.  :p

Could just as well be the Constantine Empire...

The star and crescent used to also be associated with Constantinople - though its origins probably extend even further back than that. After it was conquered, the Ottomans took it and it eventually became more or less a global symbol for Islam...

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Erm the city was known under many names to different cultures after the fall of Constantinople. It wasn't until 1930's that Turkey officially demanded that everyone calls it Istanbul.

Slav nations called it Carigrad and here in Slovenia that is used as much as Istanbul when talking about it.

Edited by Majek
  • Like 4

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Well, "Istanbul" just means "The City", so that makes sense. The "official" Turkish name for it was "Kostantiniyye" for some time (though "Istanbul" was used along side it), which I'm pretty sure I've seen before, actually...

Erm the city was known under many names to different cultures after the fall of Constantinople. It wasn't until 1930's that Turkey officially demanded that everyone calls it Istanbul.

Slav nations called it Carigrad and here in Slovenia that is used as much as Istanbul when talking about it.

You learn something new every day.  Thanks for that, Majek.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Shadow Warrior 2 is out next week on consoles, get original game when purchased for PS4.

Not a bad deal if you ask me, too bad I have already bought, played and finished Shadow Warrior 1 so for Shadow Warrior 2 I've gotta get physical, physical...I wanna get physical, physical!  :dancing:

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 3

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Shadow Warrior 2 is out next week on consoles, get original game when purchased for PS4.

Not a bad deal if you ask me, too bad I have already bought, played and finished Shadow Warrior 1 so for Shadow Warrior 2 I've gotta get physical, physical...I wanna get physical, physical! :dancing:

Really fun game and I don't usually like shooters (mostly because I suck at them).

• Like 1

Half Life 2: VR mod remasters the original game with weapon interactions for virtual reality(VG247)

Not a bad deal if you ask me, too bad I have already bought, played and finished Shadow Warrior 1 so for Shadow Warrior 2 I've gotta get physical, physical...I wanna get physical, physical! :dancing:

Really fun game and I don't usually like shooters (mostly because I suck at them).

Agreed. It was a very solid old-school shooter, itching to try Shadow Warrior 2 right now. 

Edited by Katphood

Half Life 2: VR mod remasters the original game with weapon interactions for virtual reality(VG247)

Agreed. It was a very solid old-school shooter, itching to try Shadow Warrior 2 right now.

I tried that old HL2 in VR with the HTC Vive, but it wasn't a good experience. It looked great & stuff, but after playing for about half an hour I was white as paper. Never before did I experienced motion sickness like that. It's something about the way the character moves in that engine. Either the speed or whatever, it was killing me. Really, even minutes later I still felt like I'm about to vomit.

Doom 3 on the other hand worked perfect. Felt nothing bad here. Only problem is that the motion controller stuff doesn't really feel like the weapons you carry. What I mean is, you don't have the actual weight, etc. the pistol still felt somewhat real, while the shotgun is completely off (also because you "one-hand" it). The assault rifle felt better again.

All in all, after playing Doom 3 for a while, I got pretty exhausted due to all the standing and rotating and ducking (you have to duck by yourself... not just press a button) :>

Oh, and while I am at it... Super Hot VR was the best **** ever. Especially if you got the free space to walk around a bit, it's Super Fun.

PS: Quote function in this forum is still complete BS. With the wysiwyg-editor I am unable to correctly remove parts of the quote and with the BBCode editor it's all a complete mess (still, since how long now?).

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

PS: Quote function in this forum is still complete BS. With the wysiwyg-editor I am unable to correctly remove parts of the quote and with the BBCode editor it's all a complete mess (still, since how long now?).

Amateur! :p

Edited by Katphood

I just don't feel motivated to spend more than a few seconds of time on the stupid quotes and the forum really isn't making it very easy since a while now. :>

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, I mentioned that the bbcode post editor suddenly broke probably a year+ ago, but nobody seems to care.

Yeah, I mentioned that the bbcode post editor suddenly broke probably a year+ ago, but nobody seems to care.

Wait is anyone supposed to care? The most I've seen them care is when one of the devs (?) got involved in a political/sjw debate and got offended. Oh yeah and the pretty women thread, let's not forget that.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP