Politics 2017

Wrath of Dagon

Also I thought the way it's set up down to the brass tax, "citizens" have the right to protest since it's one of the many perks of being part of the machine. If your not part of it, you "technically" don't have the same rights and privileges?

I'm. It saying that non citizens can't protest, I'm saying that non citizens could very lawfully be shut down and denied the right whereas they could not lawfully do so with actual citizens?

If he treats the LGBT as regular citizens, I won't be mad and I'll agree with it. If he treats them less or special treatment, then I'll be outraged.

Right now he's cleaning house, I'm gonna hold judgement until I see what he actually does.

What? Treating LGBT as regular citizens? The horror.

I know right?

"Do you want to be treated as an equal or do u want to be treated as special? If you are treated as an equal, then u won't be treated as if your special because your just like everyone else. If you are treated as special, then you won't be treated as if your equal because then your different and not like everyone else.

It is just precedent that gives indication how they could treat foreign protesters that come to protest during UN summit or some other international event hold in US. It isn't different from what lots of other countries do, but it is something that US has stand for long time, meaning that is an example of possible changes coming in next 4 years (leading to Trumps becoming beloved leader of US).

This person seems to have excellent ability to predict future (aka see the date)

zbrJ3CR.png

https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/60907570780585985

If he treats the LGBT as regular citizens, I won't be mad and I'll agree with it. If he treats them less or special treatment, then I'll be outraged.

Right now he's cleaning house, I'm gonna hold judgement until I see what he actually does.

What? Treating LGBT as regular citizens? The horror.

I know right?

"Do you want to be treated as an equal or do u want to be treated as special? If you are treated as an equal, then u won't be treated as if your special because your just like everyone else. If you are treated as special, then you won't be treated as if your equal because then your different and not like everyone else.

But you don't treat LGBT citizens as equal to other citizens as you give (USA) them less rights and less protections against things than you give to other citizens. Meaning that special treatment that you speak is that you treat them as special in sense that they are lower class citizens. But of course for some equality means that people are equal if they rights only when they are able to act as majority of population and if you can't it is absolutely justified to mistreat you.

Trump plagiarized Avatar today. I think that's unpresidented.

What? This seems amusing, please do elaborate

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lee_in_Iowa/status/822634312650649600/photo/1

Also the bee movie, and Bane, apparently.

Would love to see an actual in-movie footage for these claims. I do not have such a good memory to films and the quotes are the easiest thing to manipulate...

Yeah, the comments for those say it's all fake. Edit: except for Bane, which seems to be true. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

now that thankfully marriage for the LGBT is legal and has to be enforced (that actually fixes a lot of the rights they were denied), can u give me examples of some rights and protections they are denied?

Protection? It's illegal to discriminate against them, it's illegal to harm/threaten violently because simply being LGBT rises the punishment to a higher level than if someone else got the same done to them, their rights supersede religious freedom (I'm glad this is actually done.

Unfortuantly I do agree that in USA that the special privileges to go to certain people I believe to keep them lower class while helping them out but to "it's a trap!" them at a certain area/status because if they rise above it, they lose those "special" privileges.

now that thankfully marriage for the LGBT is legal and has to be enforced (that actually fixes a lot of the rights they were denied), can u give me examples of some rights and protections they are denied?

Protection? It's illegal to discriminate against them, it's illegal to harm/threaten violently because simply being LGBT rises the punishment to a higher level than if someone else got the same done to them, their rights supersede religious freedom (I'm glad this is actually done.

Unfortuantly I do agree that in USA that the special privileges to go to certain people I believe to keep them lower class while helping them out but to "it's a trap!" them at a certain area/status because if they rise above it, they lose those "special" privileges.

For example

Protections against employment discrimination isn't everywhere in same level as they are for other citizens. 

Ability to adopt a child as couple isn't everywhere in same level as they are for other citizens.

Protections against denial of service isn't everywhere on same level as it is for other citizens.

So we should be outrged that Russia interferes with USA politics but we should let Canada do it?

Wheres the logic in that?

So you think the Canadian state is behind this? Real sharp.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Probably they were denying access because the protests were violent. Although the one they were going to doesn't seem to be violent, but government tends to paint with a broad brush. In any case foreigners don't have the same rights to free speech in the US that citizens and residents do.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Should be pretty clear, unless your own post is a mystery to you.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For example

Protections against employment discrimination isn't everywhere in same level as they are for other citizens.

Ability to adopt a child as couple isn't everywhere in same level as they are for other citizens.

Protections against denial of service isn't everywhere on same level as it is for other citizens.

Very true and I will agree, but I will also say they are not alone in that situation suffering, that those same locations there are others that are suffering along with them.

And to play devil's advocate, a lot of those cases are not cut and dry but are situational OR it is something else at fault but because we label things, it's so stead seen as the reason bc they are LGBT.

Also something I believe and I maybe in the minority here, sometimes just because u have the freedom to do something doesn't mean that u will be able to simply because sometimes we don't "fit" but we do have the freedom of options. Reading and looking into a lot of "discriminations" (not counting real ones), a lot of these situations fall into this.

Not really, "let Canada do it". Your comparison was nonsense.

So we should be outrged that Russia interferes with USA politics but we should let Canada do it?

Wheres the logic in that?

So you think the Canadian state is behind this? Real sharp.

Behind what?

The protests, obviously. The Russian interference was (allegedly) deliberate government sponsored interference directed from the top, this 'interference' is a bunch of beatnik hippies/ SJWs/ concerned citizens of the world who are not organised by the Kanadian state and are not directed at influencing the results of an election which has, after all, already been decided. The situations are not equivalent*.

*With some caveats, hands off NGO sponsored protests and political interference via front or infiltrated organisations are a favourite approach of western intelligence agencies and are practically identical to Russians potentially using 'Fancy Bear' or 'Guccifer 2.0' or even Wikileaks as fronts, though those intelligence agencies will claim (of course) to not be interfering and that they're all genuine grass roots orgs. But you won't get such an approach vs the US as the stakes are far too high and there's far too much chance of discovery. Trudeau may have sympathy for the protesters, but he won't be supporting them perhaps beyond some carefully chosen words.

Not really, "let Canada do it". Your comparison was nonsense.

I think you need to read again the last couple of posts because you clearly lost the topic.

No I don't. The topic, if you mean the thread, may have moved on but your post stands by itself. Really not seeing how you're missing your own point, or is that we need to interpret your posts as if they came from the Oracle.

Right, next time I will just assume someone doesn't even know what they're talking about. Nothing sneaky or passive aggressive about taking the main meat of your post.

this is not going to last long xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

"We have to give him the chance. He can grow into the offi-"

y37UkyH.jpg

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

So they've trolled Trump over the size of the inauguration crowd. :lol:

It's sickening that leftist first bully, insult and threaten to attack Trump supporters and then gloat because people didn't show up on inauguration.

Those loonatics shoot people. So of course there would be less people showing up.

Kind of ironic from the hard men types that back Trump to whine about bullying or insulting (consider their idol for that one), but threatening to attack ? Was there some movement to have Trump supporters packed up in body bags ?

Also, do you really think there'd be some sort of major assault of people during the inauguration where the POTUS is ? No faith in the Secret Service or the myriad of agencies involved, no ?

Have to think, given where DC is, not all that surprising there was diminished turnout, just from travel logistics.

Edited by Malcador

This isn't me "gloating" about an inauguration that may or may not have had anemic attendance as compared to the inaugurations of other Presidents. Many have said that we should hope for the best from a Trump presidency, but frankly Trump spending so much energy worrying about what others think of him means I have my doubts he has any post-The Day After Reagan surprises in store for the US. 

https://youtu.be/ctmZGSyMFy4?t=3m48s

George W. Bush took plenty of guff from the Daily Show, the Colbert Report and the like, and through it all he behaved presidential; there were strong criticisms (and some of them I thought were even valid) of Obama throughout his two terms and I hardly think he let that get to him. It's up to Trump to either crap or get off the pot, because from what my family and I have known of him for the close to thirty years we've had to read about him in the papers or hear in the news his talk is worth less than a one trillion Zimbabwean dollar note.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Well supposedly half a million showed up to march today  :shrugz:

In Denver we had over 100k

Some other cities too

am kinda conflicted. am much in favor o' exercising free speech. am also in favor o' anything which diminishes trump's political clout as perceived popularity issues will reduce the President's legislative influence.

protests is welcome, but why didn't the protester's freaking vote? protest with their vote woulda' been the smart thing to do.  we are stuck with trump precise 'cause so many people (particular democrats) in battleground states didn't bother to get up off their arses and vote. the democratic party machine is much at fault for forcing clinton 'pon voters as their de facto candidate, but is ultimate the voters who didn't bother to cast a vote who made a trump President possible.  

we would laugh at the protesters for their belated efforts if not for the fact that Gromnir must also endure four years of trump. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)