Wasteland 3?

Dainalt

I really enjoyed Wasteland 2. I played both branches to conclusion. Off the cuff, I'm not really interested in multiplayer, but I don't hate it enough o rail against it. I don't really care about stretch goal like some 'morningstar' car or customizable insignias. I probably care for them less than I do for forum badges.

Here's the thing, though. My copy of Wasteland 2 was free. Hey, it was part of something else I bought and I didn't cheat or steal to get it. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it greatly and I will almost certainly (not certainly because nothing in life is, but almost)... anyway, I will almost certainly enjoy Wasteland 3, so I will probably back it at the basic tier because I anticipate having fun and then I'll have put my tiny bit of money where my mouth is in terms of supporting devs whose games I enjoy. It looks interesting and I can afford what amounts to a really really cheap meal for my lady friend and myself out on the town.

• Like 1

Wateland 3, yay! Fig... eh. Dunno if I want that.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Some things I'd like to see in Wasteland 3:

• Bows, at least as enemy weapons
  • Smoke grenades
  • Mutant bear-dog mounts
  • Infrared/night scopes
  • Environmental effects
  • Flying robots/drones
  • Combine toaster repair with mechanical repair

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 5 months later...

so, it turns out George Ziets is lead designer on WL3, so that gives me some hope it will turn out better than WL2 (which, as far as I'm concerned, is worse than the original game)

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

WL2  beat WL1 simply by having better (or arguably 'more modern' controls. WL1 had some of the worst controls ever even for the time it was released in.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

as far as combat goes, OWL (Original Waste Land) had terrible controls, I agree. as far as exploration, I don't have any other games from that time to compare it to. I only played Scorched Earth and Street Rod

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.