US Election 2016, part III

Pidesco

Only die hard BernieBros living in the past care about wikileaks, which is run by a rapist, is a front for Russia, killed dozens of americans, is used by traitors and released peoples' SSN and credit card numbers. Which were stored in plain text on an easy to hack server but that's beside the point. Also, why do you hate women, freedom and puppy dogs, Barty?

But seriously, the number of replies similar to that that I've seen from Hillbots/ CTR types, well, if I had a dollar for each time I'd probably have ~6.2 million $ over the year to date.

I was also a bit surprised to hear in the radio that Tim Cain has been named Hillary's VP, though I had a slight suspicion it was someone with a similar name.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/politics/election-2016/trump-s-campaign-calls-hillary-clinton-s-new-running-mate-corrupt-kaine

The Trump campaign  has gone to far.....again. They are calling Kaine corrupt, surly Kaine can sue Trump for deformation of character? Even with  the  liberal US laws around freedom of speech can a person in politics just say another person is corrupt  without any evidence ? And if so why end there...why not just call a person a pedophile ..or a rapist. 

The point being if its okay  just to make baseless accusations and say " person x is corrupt " why not just say anything else ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So how about those wikileaks, guys?

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/22/new-leak-top-dnc-official-wanted-to-use-bernie-sanderss-religious-beliefs-against-him/

It might may no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief. Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/22/new-leak-top-dnc-official-wanted-to-use-bernie-sanderss-religious-beliefs-against-him/

It might may no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief. Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.

The DNC are such scum. No wonder they were in the tank for Clinton. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

The DNC are such scum. No wonder they were in the tank for Clinton. 

Don't worry, everything is in perfect working order.

giphy.gif

If KP is heading to Philly, i can only wish him Godspeed.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Check from whom the mail is from:

Cn_0vtQWAAAXrRH.jpg

//Edit: Dear lord, it's difficult to catch up with everything, here's even moar!

Cn_p2RUWgAAJKI5.jpg

S4aZ4MF.png

lLBq6my.png

6LC8lY.png

Bernie never stood a chance, the DNC and the media actively collaborated against him.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

If Dems think this is Hillary's to lose, they're in for a rude awakening.  Yeah, I do give Hillary a slight edge.  Perhaps a smidgen (to use an Obamian term) of an advantage over Trump.  ...However, the vote against Brexit had a smidgen of advantage over the stay faction and we saw how that ended.  Frankly, despite the howls and cat calls of the members here (what a surprise) Brexit would win again if brought to a vote.  The media hatred of Trump dwarfs the way the mainstream media trivialized the Brexit movement.

This isn't going to be easy for Hillary.  ...And, even better, the fools who think that Hillary is looking out for them or even cares about them in any way are woefully misguided.  Sure, if you want to own your jaded and cynical outlook, I'm all for you supporting Hillary.  Fair enough.  If you really believe she cares about your plight... okay.  Can't argue about religion.  (and to think people say I'm crazy for being Christian.  There's a hell of a lot more evidence of divine providence than Hillary Clinton cares about the little guy.)

This is the internet and I'll make a pact.  If the average of polls are within a couple of percent points on the night before the election and Hillary Clinton wins, I'll come in here and eat crow using my real life name.  Fair enough.  I'll even take a picture of myself wearing a dress calling myself a bitch.  What will you pledge if Hillary loses assuming it's tied in the average of polls?  I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.  What say you?

• Like 2

If Dems think this is Hillary's to lose, they're in for a rude awakening.  Yeah, I do give Hillary a slight edge.  Perhaps a smidgen (to use an Obamian term) of an advantage over Trump.  ...However, the vote against Brexit had a smidgen of advantage over the stay faction and we saw how that ended.  Frankly, despite the howls and cat calls of the members here (what a surprise) Brexit would win again if brought to a vote.  The media hatred of Trump dwarfs the way the mainstream media trivialized the Brexit movement.

This isn't going to be easy for Hillary.  ...And, even better, the fools who think that Hillary is looking out for them or even cares about them in any way are woefully misguided.  Sure, if you want to own your jaded and cynical outlook, I'm all for you supporting Hillary.  Fair enough.  If you really believe she cares about your plight... okay.  Can't argue about religion.  (and to think people say I'm crazy for being Christian.  There's a hell of a lot more evidence of divine providence than Hillary Clinton cares about the little guy.)

This is the internet and I'll make a pact.  If the average of polls are within a couple of percent points on the night before the election and Hillary Clinton wins, I'll come in here and eat crow using my real life name.  Fair enough.  I'll even take a picture of myself wearing a dress calling myself a bitch.  What will you pledge if Hillary loses assuming it's tied in the average of polls?  I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.  What say you?

why the hell would we pledge to do anything in the event hillary loses? the only people who seem to really strongly want hillary to win around here are bruce and leferd.

what are you smoking, man

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

If Dems think this is Hillary's to lose, they're in for a rude awakening.  Yeah, I do give Hillary a slight edge.  Perhaps a smidgen (to use an Obamian term) of an advantage over Trump.  ...However, the vote against Brexit had a smidgen of advantage over the stay faction and we saw how that ended.  Frankly, despite the howls and cat calls of the members here (what a surprise) Brexit would win again if brought to a vote.  The media hatred of Trump dwarfs the way the mainstream media trivialized the Brexit movement.

Hilary Clinton will win, this is obvious

I will hold you to your commitment, I admire someone who is prepared to make himself look foolish based on an inevitable outcome  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Emails are pretty lol, as always when you have supposed 'tin foil conspiracy theories' that turn out to be accurate. There's no media collusion, the rules are fair and applied fairly, the DNC doesn't care who wins, no donors' important details were lost. Yeah right.

Hope they get around to leaking Hillary's emails as well.

Edited by Zoraptor

lLBq6my.png

What is story behind this? They sent link to file in Sanders' own server, which seems to have been public as there is no username, password, key or other ways to bypass any sort user identification. 

:lol:  Hastur you are too new for anyone to take that much enjoyment in seeing you eat crow!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

*cough*

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85931-us-election-2016/?p=1801005

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

:lol:  Hastur you are too new for anyone to take that much enjoyment in seeing you eat crow!

Be nice to the newcomers, especially the ones that can write in correct English, as well as don't have obviously broken brains. We don't get too many of those that stick around.

That said.... hopefully Leferd and I are old enough to entertain then....

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

Well, the Irish books are currently giving Clinton 2/5 odds to Trump's 2/1 and the betting markets have at Clinton 70% to Trump's 29%. FiveThirtyEight has Clinton favored 60% to 40%.

The gap is closing, as it should be.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Okay, first things first, leave my tinfoil hat out of this.  However, to be clear, I didn't say the media had a conspiracy going against Trump.  I said they hate him and they were campaigning against him.  I don't see how a rational person can see the coverage and not come to the conclusion that Donald Trump is treated harshly.  Hell, since a lot of the coverage uses his own words and he's not exactly a politician, most folks would say he deserved it.  Fair enough.  And, while the media goes easier on Hillary, they've roughed her up from time to time also.

Now, as for the bet.  I wish I hadn't made it.  (damn it!)  ...But I did.  Soooo, let's have ground rules.  I said that I thought Trump would win if the average of polls put him as far down as a couple of points behind Clinton.  Actually, I think I said within a couple of points, so let's call it +/-.  Let's define average as the Real Clear Politics Average.  Let's define couple as two.  hehe  Now, if I remember it right, it was a reciprocating bet.  That means someone else has to pony up to activate it.  On my end, I think I said something to the effect of Clinton being at zero or some such.  I'm going to allow for this reading:  If the RCP average of polls has Clinton even or ahead, which is to say the average has it literally at 0 or greater either tied or in Hillary Clinton's favor, some other poor yutz will have to do something.  I'll leave the exact wager to the other person to define.  I said I'd take a picture of myself in a dress and call myself a bitch.  Assuming we have any takers, we'll define dress as any garment closed at the waist but open below the pelvis without two distinct pant legs.  It can be to the length of my choosing.  Depending on the terms, I'm willing to don a tinfoil hat also, but I want to hear out the payoff on the other side before I agree to that.  Finally, there are two more things we must do.  First of all, the moderators have to agree that this bet is acceptable and doesn't break any sort of forum rules or propriety.  Frankly, I think it's just a goofy sort of thing and doesn't harm anyone, but I'll accept their ruling.  Lastly, there must be a trusted third party who will keep our real identities in holding before the election.  I'll commit if all these conditions are met.

Hello, I'm new around here.  Let me introduce myself.  My name is Hastur, and I've got a wad of money right about where my mouth is.  :D

My question is, given that Trump has repeated sexist, racist, and fascist statements to his name, and he is a cartoon example of an evil 1 percenter, who the hell doesn't hate him, and why?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

My question is, given that Trump has repeated sexist, racist, and fascist statements to his name, and he is a cartoon example of an evil 1 percenter, who the hell doesn't hate him, and why?

He tells it like it is

He says what we're all thinking  :ermm:

He doesn't care about political correctness

He's not Hillary

He's on my team

He's rich and successful

He's got great hair

He's going to take our country back

I just want to watch the world burn

Those are just some observations from my Facebook feed. By the by I just checked to see how many of my friends support either candidate enough to actually give them a like and Trump wins with double the number. It doesn't really mean anything but since like attracts like most of my friends are more liberal so it makes me think that those who support Trump do so more enthusiastically whereas those supporting Clinton are doing so with much less excitement.

At least in my circle of friends anyway

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I hate him as a politician, but if he were making his statements as a private citizen, I imagine I would be a little more  understanding.  I've known all manner of people to make questionable remarks.  If someone makes an off color comment, you remonstrate with him.  You don't write him off.

The breathtaking panic some people have about Trump rises beyond laughable, transcends the ridiculous, and surpasses sublime.  Dude's not Hitler.  Not even close to Mussolini.  Hell, he's not up there with Rob Ford, for crying out loud.  He's a yutz with ridiculous looking hair and a limited vocabulary.  His danger isn't in that he'll act out in evil ways.  His danger is that he's kind of like your crazy uncle who spouts off about everything every Thanksgiving and ends up pissing off everyone at the table.

Good Lord, some people act like he's the second coming of Pol Pot.  More like he acts like he's smoked a little too much pot.