Dallas Sniper Shootings

BruceVC

God damn community organisers, with their, er, communities and organising?

Looking at the average US police force it's pretty clear which group is prepared for 'waging a war', and it ain't the community or their organisers; it's the ones with all the surplus corporate welfare military hardware.

May be if they had a little more of that military hardware that you and Obola say they shouldn't have, a few more would've survived in Dallas.

Like what? Body armour may not have helped. And police already have access to rifles. Maybe they could have received tactical training or something but just seems unfortunate.

My point is if they have to go into a dangerous situation, they need to be given the best equipment available, not start squealing "you look too much like the military".

I agree with Malc on this 

WOD what could you realistically ask for to make the police better equipped because I agree they should have excellent resources but I dont think they lacking in this field ?

It's Obola and Zoraptor who said the police are too militarized, not me. And Obola cancelled transferring surplus military equipment to police, a local police department can only afford so much. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

True. But they sort of do already, SWAT for example. I may laugh when these chubby cops strap on so much crap they look like COD cosplay, but isn't anything too much. Them needing MRAPs and so on is a bit much.

Not sure the average beat cop wants to walk around with 80lbs of body armour, anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's Obola and Zoraptor who said the police are too militarized, not me. And Obola cancelled transferring surplus military equipment to police, a local police department can only afford so much.

Okay I see your point, I dont think the US Police are too militarized because that is a relevant term and its very subjective

But this is a reality of US society, basically anyone in most states can get access to an automatic weapon....I dont think in this type of reality we can ever say "  the Police are too militarized " because lets consider the current dynamics of Police murders

You have  many highly trained ex-military people in the US, some of them will be suffering from forms of PTSD and some of them will respond like the last two shootings where these guys actually think the police are trying to kill African Americans

In Dallas one ex-marine was able to snipe 12 police officers....thats a serious amount of damage one person can cause 

So I dont think the Police can  have too few resources

But WOD, and I know this gets annoying, but better gun control would reduce these incidents 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You have  many highly trained ex-military people in the US, some of them will be suffering from forms of PTSD and some of them will respond like the last two shootings where these guys actually think the police are trying to kill African Americans

I wonder where they got that idea. May be from the first African American president?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I wonder where they got that idea. May be from the first African American president?

No :)

Come on, its   grotesquely unfair to suggest Obama has suggested that police in the USA need to be killed

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That's not what you said in the post I responded to, you're moving the goalposts.

I'm misunderstanding you, when did I suggest Obama has been suggesting Police need to be killed?

John Milton 

Please don't post stoned, or are intentionally misunderstanding me? Read what you originally said, then read my response.

Edit: OK, may be it's my fault too, this is what I actually responded to : "these guys actually think the police are trying to kill African Americans"

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

Please don't post stoned, or are intentionally misunderstanding me? Read what you originally said, then read my response.

Sorry I still dont get what you mean

My whole point  is some ex-marines who have PTSD believe there is a orchestrated campaign to kill African Americans

You then said Obama has contributed towards this view...I said " Obama has never suggested this " 

I'm not sure what I am misunderstanding? 

John Milton 

No, you said Obama never suggested that cops should be killed, but I never claimed that.

Well thats exactly what it seemed you were suggesting from the post above but no matter, it was just a misunderstanding :)

John Milton 

No, you said Obama never suggested that cops should be killed, but I never claimed that.

You have many highly trained ex-military people in the US, some of them will be suffering from forms of PTSD and some of them will respond like the last two shootings where these guys actually think the police are trying to kill African Americans

Well thats exactly what it seemed you were suggesting from the post above but no matter, it was just a misunderstanding :)

That post inferred Obama gave them the idea Police were trying to kill blacks.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You have many highly trained ex-military people in the US, some of them will be suffering from forms of PTSD and some of them will respond like the last two shootings where these guys actually think the police are trying to kill African Americans

That post inferred Obama gave them the idea Police were trying to kill blacks.

Yes but thats my point, Obama did not give the idea Police were trying to kill African Americans....or am I really confused :blink:

John Milton 

*Ahem*.  For the edification of the readers, a summary of the existing confusion follows.  To whit:

"You have many highly trained ex-military people in the US, some of them will be suffering from forms of PTSD and some of them will respond like the last two shootings where these guys actually think the police are trying to kill African Americans" (KEYWORDS: "Police are trying to kill African-Americans")

"I wonder where they got that idea. May be from the first African American president?" (IMPLICATION: "Obama has suggested Police are trying to kill African-Americans")

"Come on, its   grotesquely unfair to suggest Obama has suggested that police in the USA need to be killed" (SHIFT OF FOCUS: "Obama has suggested police need to be killed?")

"That's not what you said in the post I responded to, you're moving the goalposts." (ATTEMPT TO REFOCUS: "Obama has suggested police need to be killed?" is not the same as  "Obama has suggested that Police are trying to kill African-Americans")

"My whole point  is some ex-marines who have PTSD believe there is a orchestrated campaign to kill African Americans. You then said Obama has contributed towards this view...I said 'Obama has never suggested this' " (RE-CLARIFICATION OF POINT MISSING KEY FOCUS SHIFT IN PREVIOUS POST WITH REITERATION OF KEYWORDS: "ochestrated campaign to kill African Americans")

"No, you said Obama never suggested that cops should be killed, but I never claimed that." (REBUTTLE: "Your characterization of my position is mistaken, I never suggested Obama said Police should be killed but that he has implied that police are out to kill African Americans")

"Well thats exactly what it seemed you were suggesting from the post above but no matter, it was just a misunderstanding" (STILL MISSES FOCUS SHIFT)

"That post inferred Obama gave them the idea Police were trying to kill blacks." (POINTS OUT SHIFT OF FOCUS...AGAIN)

"Yes but thats my point, Obama did not give the idea Police were trying to kill African Americans....or am I really confused" (STILL MISSES FOCUS SHIFT)

We sincerely hope this helps.  Play nice.

Yours Truly,

Everyone else reading this conversation.

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

*Ahem*.  For the edification of the readers, a summary of the existing confusion follows.  To whit:

"You have many highly trained ex-military people in the US, some of them will be suffering from forms of PTSD and some of them will respond like the last two shootings where these guys actually think the police are trying to kill African Americans" (KEYWORDS: "Police are trying to kill African-Americans")

"I wonder where they got that idea. May be from the first African American president?" (IMPLICATION: "Obama has suggested Police are trying to kill African-Americans")

"Come on, its   grotesquely unfair to suggest Obama has suggested that police in the USA need to be killed" (SHIFT OF FOCUS: "Obama has suggested police need to be killed?")

"That's not what you said in the post I responded to, you're moving the goalposts." (ATTEMPT TO REFOCUS: "Obama has suggested police need to be killed?" is not the same as  "Obama has suggested that Police are trying to kill African-Americans")

"My whole point  is some ex-marines who have PTSD believe there is a orchestrated campaign to kill African Americans. You then said Obama has contributed towards this view...I said 'Obama has never suggested this' " (RE-CLARIFICATION OF POINT MISSING KEY FOCUS SHIFT IN PREVIOUS POST WITH REITERATION OF KEYWORDS: "ochestrated campaign to kill African Americans")

"No, you said Obama never suggested that cops should be killed, but I never claimed that." (REBUTTLE: "Your characterization of my position is mistaken, I never suggested Obama said Police should be killed but that he has implied that police are out to kill African Americans")

"Well thats exactly what it seemed you were suggesting from the post above but no matter, it was just a misunderstanding" (STILL MISSES FOCUS SHIFT)

"That post inferred Obama gave them the idea Police were trying to kill blacks." (POINTS OUT SHIFT OF FOCUS...AGAIN)

"Yes but thats my point, Obama did not give the idea Police were trying to kill African Americans....or am I really confused" (STILL MISSES FOCUS SHIFT)

We sincerely hope this helps.  Play nice.

Yours Truly,

Everyone else reading this conversation.

:lol:

Now I understand,  thank you Amentep why cant other people be as helpful as you  :thumbsup:

John Milton 

I just can't stand people talking in circles around one another sometimes. :blush:

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I just can't stand people talking in circles around one another sometimes. :blush:

You are very good like that and the funny thing is once I read  your post I could see exactly where I was getting confused  :biggrin:

hat's not what you said in the post I responded to, you're moving the goalposts." (ATTEMPT TO REFOCUS: "Obama has suggested police need to be killed?" is not the same as  "Obama has suggested that Police are trying to kill African-Americans")

John Milton 

Why Murikans can't act in style of Armenian democratic protesters?

1. Armed democratic protester attack police station, kill one policemen and take 6 policemen as hostages.
2. Police blocked them but don't make assault during few days.
3. Democratic protesters arrive to this police station and begin their democratic fight against police.

http://youtu.be/ous8nfinJ2M

P.S. Sadly Obama yet don't make statement about Armenian Police Brutality.

He wasn't even suicidal, he was an autistic person playing with a toy. The guy that got shot was a therapist trying to help.

The cop was apparently blind, deaf, stupid and a poor shot - and the last was apparently his best characteristic, otherwise the black guy would be on a one way trip to the morgue.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

OK. What the hell is with police in USA?

This is not the first time I read about police showing to a potential suicide and they straight up kill the guy. 

This is not how you help a suicidal person!

They can't commit suicide if they're killed.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.