US Election 2016, part II

Meshugger

The opinion of anyone who has high confidence in Merkel is obviously worthless.

??

Merkel is one of the most respected leaders within many circles of the EU

Germany is an excellent example of how a country can recreate and redefine itself despite a troubled past and jingoistic military history 

Germany was able to assume economic dominance in the EU through hard work and prudent economic views, they didnt have to do it  through military means

Merkel has made some mistakes but her overall leadership  and outcome from that leadership should be  recognized, respected and praised. Germany is a one of the core foundations of the EU and the EU is an economic success story considering the nature of the union and the countries involved 

So to say you think Merkel  is worthless you must be saying the EU is worthless?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

As for Leferd's post, I say the Greeks can just go straight to hell!  :lol:

They're already there.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

??

Germany is an excellent example of how a country can recreate and redefine itself despite a troubled past and jingoistic military history 

Germany was able to assume economic dominance in the EU through hard work and prudent economic views, they didnt have to do it  through military means

Merkel has made some mistakes but her overall leadership  and outcome from that leadership should be  recognized, respected and praised. Germany is a one of the core foundations of the EU and the EU is an economic success story considering the nature of the union and the countries involved 

So to say you think Merkel  is worthless you must be saying the EU is worthless?

I didn't call Merkel and EU worthless, re-read my post. Merkel and EU are far worse than worthless, they're catastrophically destructive.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Original article title: Lynch to Remove Herself From Decision Over Clinton Emails, Official Says

New title: Lynch to Accept F.B.I. Recommendations in Clinton Email Inquiry

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/02/us/politics/loretta-lynch-hillary-clinton-email-server.html?_r=1

"Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch announced on Friday that she would accept whatever recommendation career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director make about whether to bring charges related to Hillary Clinton’s personal email server. Her decision removes the possibility that a political appointee will overrule investigators in the case."

That's an interesting development.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

"is ideologically aligned with a more tolerant and equitable society and she supports the eponymous " Obama Legacy " 

Let's recap that youa re talking about a woman who laughs and mocks (female) rape victims. Equitable? This is a woman who doesn't give a crap about the poor and is all about making herself and her buddies rich.

"I can understand valid criticism of aspects of the Obama legacy but end of the day the various  outcomes and changes of the Obama  legacy , like the gay marriage bill, are more positive and constructive than bad"

More constructive? Must explain about  how the racial divide between blacks and whites is worse now than it ever was under Bush. Gay marriage bill?  That had very little to do with him. Obama's legacy is one of racism, bigotry, and hatred? The health bill is a joke that actually punishes poor people whoa re now forced to buy health insurance they can't afford and  to add insult to injury his ilk mockingly called it AFFORDABLE Health Care Act. This is the guy who sucks the **** of Iran and Russia but attacks  actual Amerikan Allies. Why does he do that? Cowardice.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Original article title: Lynch to Remove Herself From Decision Over Clinton Emails, Official Says

New title: Lynch to Accept F.B.I. Recommendations in Clinton Email Inquiry

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/02/us/politics/loretta-lynch-hillary-clinton-email-server.html?_r=1

"Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch announced on Friday that she would accept whatever recommendation career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director make about whether to bring charges related to Hillary Clinton’s personal email server. Her decision removes the possibility that a political appointee will overrule investigators in the case."

That's an interesting development.

It's just trickery, notice she will claim the prosecutors who work for her made the decision. If she really meant it she would recluse herself.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

??

I didn't call Merkel and EU worthless, re-read my post. Merkel and EU are far worse than worthless, they're catastrophically destructive.

And yet some idiots keep voting for her. :C

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

He's a great poll. 13% of respondents would rather that the Earth hit by an asteroid than have Trump or Clinton as President. http://www.12news.com/news/nation-now/poll-13-prefer-meteor-hitting-earth-to-trump-or-clinton-as-president/261733603

Well, it WOULD be quicker. Hmmmmm.....

VOTE ASTEROID 2016!

ASTEROID IN '16: IT WILL ROCK YOUR WORLD!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

But my world is already rock! I think Presidential Candidate Asteroid is merely attempting to take credit for the hard work of their predecessors. Sadly, I just don't think I can vote for such a patently dishonest candidate...

but the alternatives are actual politicians so what the heck

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• Like 2

The developments the last 24 hours makes me wonder if some scapegoats will be discovered or that the head of the FBI will resign.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The developments the last 24 hours makes me wonder if some scapegoats will be discovered or that the head of the FBI will resign.

I'd bet on the former.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'd bet on the former.

No e-cookie for betting that. The other one is based on the rumour floating around that all this about emails are a smokescreen for the Clinton Foundation, which will be indicted according the the RICO law. That would monumental, if one were to look from whom the Foundation gets its money from.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If I was Huma Aberdeen I'd be looking into lawyers and letting everyone know I'm not suicidal right about now. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I always knew she wouldnt be charged :)

There was no substantial evidence against her to begin with , it was mostly just allegations from people who dont like her  

John Milton 

There was no substantial evidence against her to begin with , it was mostly just allegations from people who dont like her  

Has anyone ever told you you have this wonderful habit of stating absurdly bold claims as fact and then not bothering to reinforce that idea with any evidence whatsoever?

I mean you don't even live in the USA, the media is *insanely* biased in favor of Clinton, and yet you consider yourself in a good enough position to deduce that most of her critics surrounding this email scandal are "mostly people that don't like her."

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Has anyone ever told you you have this wonderful habit of stating absurdly bold claims as fact and then not bothering to reinforce that idea with any evidence whatsoever?

I mean you don't even live in the USA, the media is *insanely* biased in favor of Clinton, and yet you consider yourself in a good enough position to deduce that most of her critics surrounding this email scandal are "mostly people that don't like her."

You feeling guilty LK?

Yes I would be also if I was you. After all you have misread and been wrong  about Hilary from day one, you were one of those that made absurd and belligerent comments like " Hilary will NEVER  be president, its not possible. Anyone who thinks she may actually be president  is utterly uninformed "

Try to see it this way 

"The Clinton administration is inexorably coming like a slow-moving locomotive "   :biggrin:

• Like 1

John Milton 

Well, the system is rigged in that the Democrats don't eat their own. As long as the DOJ is under the control of Democrats would not surprise me if a democrat candidate was caught red handed raping the corpse of an underage hooker he had just murdered didn't get charged. In fact anyone who criticized that decision would probably be called a bigot for being against his "underage hooker murder" lifestyle choices. What's worse is many Americans will do a Bruce is doing and just overlook it because they like the criminals politics.

In all seriousness that "meeting" between Lynch & Bill Clinton didn't just look bad... it WAS bad. But hardly a shock.

Now Hillary Clinton is not stupid. If she were and this private e-mail server were just a mistake in the name of convenience and privacy I'd look past it. But because she is not stupid then it looks more like a way of avoiding things like Congressional oversight and those annoying FOI requests. That begs the question "What is she hiding". And it takes on a new light when the Clinton Foundations takes in millions of dollars in donations by foreign interests who received favorable treatment from the State Dept. If none of this is true WHY did she feel the need to have all the data professionally destroyed before complying with the subpoena for her server?

Bruce, let me ask you a question, change the name Hillary with Donald Trump and keep all the facts the same. Would you still think this was nothing? I'm guessing no.

Thomas Sowell

You feeling guilty LK?

Yes I would be also if I was you. After all you have misread and been wrong  about Hilary from day one, you were one of those that made absurd and belligerent comments like " Hilary will NEVER  be president, its not possible. Anyone who thinks she may actually be president  is utterly uninformed "

Try to see it this way 

"The Clinton administration is inexorably coming like a slow-moving locomotive "   :biggrin:

Please ****ing quote me when I said Hillary will never be president. **** me man, let's double that down: please quote ANYONE here saying Hillary will never be President, because I'm super curious if your claim has ANY basis whatsoever or if you've completely invented this stance. I distinctly recall saying anyone that thinks she's trustworthy is blind as all hell, I do not recall for the life of me that I said she has no chance. I wish she has no chance, but she's far too much money backing her.

Seriously though Bruce, do you pride yourself on being mentally retarded? I'm saying it again: please quote me, because I'm 99% sure you are falsely recollecting things I've said such as "It's obvious as hell Hillary subverted the law" or "you'd have to be blind to think Hillary is trustworthy" and somehow your brain has magically re-aligned this into me thinking she has zero chance of being president...? The only possible chance I ever said something along those lines would've been months ago. I'm seriously very very curious where the HELL you're getting this from.

And guilty for what? For sake of argument, let's assume I did say she'll never be president. I should feel guilty for making that claim? I should feel guilty for being wrong? Let me connect the dots in that misfiring brain of yours for you: I believe you are trying to state people should feel guilty for accusing her of wrongdoing. If the point is that people accusing her of wrongdoing should be something we feel guilty about, well one, lol no it's not because hell yes people have a right to demand an investigation and potential trial, and two she has not been absolved of any guilt yet and you are already celebrating and calling it as if the FBI themselves publically announced her innocence and their opinion that we should all buy her a brand new car as an apology. None of that ****ing happened: they interviewed her under shady pretenses (not the FBI itself, but Bill's talk with Loretta is hella shady) and we must wait and see what comes of it. You are quoting an article with blatantly obvious bias, as even the wording they choose is clearly chosen to make the issue seem as non-controversial as possible (example, they call it "a discussion of her email arrangements" instead of a criminal investigation into her email scandal, call it a "voluntary interview" instead of "questioning," and then even PR as to why she won't comment further).

Dude, no joke, you seriously worry me sometimes. The post you just wrote? Delusional. No joke, no hyperbole, no exaggeration: your post I'm quoting is 100% delusional. You've somehow convinced yourself that Hillary is hereby innocent and cased closed, that I've stated Hillary has no chance of winning, and what's more you have this childish attitude like you've "won" over Hillary's opponents. Dude it's a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION!!! It's THE ELECTION FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!! If tomorrow there were some breaking story where Bernie smuggled 90% of campaign donations into Putin's Swiss Bank account, damned right me and every other damned American has an interest in seeing that matter investigated, because I want to know and understand the candidates I can vote for, lest I vote for someone I don't actually want. There is no "well hot damn, he's the candidate I stuck my claim in! I better childishly defend him to the death and immediately denounce anyone that dares claim that investigation is warranted" like you seem to think, because that would be childish and arguing in bad faith. This is serious business, and you're treating it like the Dallas Cowboys vs. the San Francisco 49ers. Grow the **** up or shut the **** up and don't bother us with your god awful uneducated opinions about politics.

Bruce, for the love of God and for my sanity, please educate yourself for once in your life. It is PAINFUL to read this delusional **** from you and to see you argue politics so childishly. And before you say it: I'm not saying supporting Hillary makes you uneducated, I'm not saying supporting Hillary makes you childish. I'm saying you and your last ~3 posts make it crystal clear how little influence other's dissenting opinions have on your brain, and how you only seem to consult yourself on matters and even use your own confirmation bias to draw new conclusions completely out of left field, such as "Longknife said Hillary can never win." If the voice in your head told you that, kindly ask that voice to quote me, because I got news for you: Bruce's Mind Voice #2 might be full of it.

Well, the system is rigged in that the Democrats don't eat their own. As long as the DOJ is under the control of Democrats would not surprise me if a democrat candidate was caught red handed raping the corpse of an underage hooker he had just murdered didn't get charged. In fact anyone who criticized that decision would probably be called a bigot for being against his "underage hooker murder" lifestyle choices. What's worse is many Americans will do a Bruce is doing and just overlook it because they like the criminals politics.

In all seriousness that "meeting" between Lynch & Bill Clinton didn't just look bad... it WAS bad. But hardly a shock.

Now Hillary Clinton is not stupid. If she were and this private e-mail server were just a mistake in the name of convenience and privacy I'd look past it. But because she is not stupid then it looks more like a way of avoiding things like Congressional oversight and those annoying FOI requests. That begs the question "What is she hiding". And it takes on a new light when the Clinton Foundations takes in millions of dollars in donations by foreign interests who received favorable treatment from the State Dept. If none of this is true WHY did she feel the need to have all the data professionally destroyed before complying with the subpoena for her server?

Bruce, let me ask you a question, change the name Hillary with Donald Trump and keep all the facts the same. Would you still think this was nothing? I'm guessing no.

GD, that question you asked me sometimes  is framed a different way because some folks  think I'm biased on certain topics  but its normally from people who dont really respect the principle of debate so I wouldnt really be too concerned about responding

But with you its different as I do appreciate your efforts you put into our debates ....I have learnt a lot from you. For example I have changed my view on gun  control primarily on the way you made your point

But of course on topics like this we differ but thats fine and normal

So if it was Trump I would be convinced he had something to hide because I dont think much of his integrity

But I wouldn't assume the FBI was incompetent and if they decided to not charge him I would assume it was because of lack of evidence. Thats the difference, I trust the FBI to do there job and if there was real evidence against her they would have charged her

I dont see the system as rigged 

John Milton 

GD, that question you asked me sometimes  is framed a different way because some folks  think I'm biased on certain topics  but its normally from people who dont really respect the principle of debate so I wouldnt really be too concerned about responding

But with you its different as I do appreciate your efforts you put into our debates ....I have learnt a lot from you. For example I have changed my view on gun  control primarily on the way you made your point

But of course on topics like this we differ but thats fine and normal

So if it was Trump I would be convinced he had something to hide because I dont think much of his integrity

But I wouldn't assume the FBI was incompetent and if they decided to not charge him I would assume it was because of lack of evidence. Thats the difference, I trust the FBI to do there job and if there was real evidence against her they would have charged her

I dont see the system as rigged 

You really don't see an issue where the Presidential Candidate... the ONLY viable Presidential Candidate of a major political party is being investigated for criminal conduct by a DOJ controlled by that same candidate's political party?

Thomas Sowell