US Election 2016, part II

Meshugger

Malebonding usually entails such humor, especially among good friends that you can confide in. When you phrase it as "something to gain", it sounds like you do not understand the concept to begin with.

Just to be really sure and there's no language-barrier. I am talking about the camaradiere from going out fishing/hunting on a weekend with your friends, drinking, talking about which female co-worker having the biggest boobs, who was the biggest **** in high-school, your and your friends earlier conquests, all those might've-beens or should've-hads, toilet humor and so on. 

Fascinating in itself that you aren't aware of it.

You raise an interesting point .....no I didnt do any of those things you mentioned. I always had male friends but I was raised in a matriarch society and when I left school all my groups of friends had men and women in the groups so I had no interest in "malebonding " ? 

But talking about female co-workers boobs size would be very inappropriate...but when I am at home with my friends I will  comment about women who I find attractive but I think I do it in a way that doesn't objectify them

Interesting, I have no further questions. But it explains a lot, i have taken a lot for granted.

Meshugger I am always really interested in what people think motivates me and what I really stand for when it comes to a forum like this, so please elaborate a little further ?

I know some people have a negative view of me and sometimes that has been my fault but after reading LK long opinion of me I realized just how bad and incorrect some opinions of me are...and if I can change it when it comes to some members I would like to. Of course there are some people who dont like me and thats okay because I dont mind them disliking me 

And this is not one of those attempts where I actually want people to now respond to my post with comments " I like you, you not so bad  ".  I do know the people on this forum who interact with me and I appreciate there efforts to engage with me 

But going back to what you mentioned about "it explains a lot "...what do you mean? Why would my response mean that..and please be honest as I do appreciate constructive  criticism 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The Libertarians are kicking into high-gear:

I stood up and cheered over this!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bruce I'd be very interested to hear your opinion of the video Shady linked in #529.

Okay I hadn't read it and started now but I see it makes some serious accusations against Hilary, I need time to go through it properly but I will respond 

So... I'm curious to hear your opinion.

Okay I read the article and yes its concerning...the guy seems to be banker so what possible reason should he on that intelligence board?

So just to clarify somethings

• This intelligence committee he was on, what exactly is it called and what is its core purpose? This is very important 
  • How do people generally get asked to sit on these types of boards...in other words how would be selected and by who?

I'll make this nice and simple. He bought a favor from her. Because that is how she is. Bill is not better. Their influence is for sale and he bought it. 

But GD that is hearsay, I try never to believe conjecture around politics 

That way I find myself far less critical and annoyed by certain political developments 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce I'd be very interested to hear your opinion of the video Shady linked in #529.

Okay I hadn't read it and started now but I see it makes some serious accusations against Hilary, I need time to go through it properly but I will respond 

Okay I read the article and yes its concerning...the guy seems to be banker so what possible reason should he on that intelligence board?

• This intelligence committee he was on, what exactly is it called and what is its core purpose? This is very important 
  • How do people generally get asked to sit on these types of boards...in other words how would be selected and by who?

I'll make this nice and simple. He bought a favor from her. Because that is how she is. Bill is not better. Their influence is for sale and he bought it. 

That way I find myself far less critical and annoyed by certain political developments 

Well far be it from me to draw conclusions for you. Allow me to link a few credible news sources:

1. From Townhall.com, the Clinton Foundation which is supposed to be a charity has been accepting millions in unreported "donations" from foreign interests who were receiving favorable treatment from the State Dept. while she was SecState: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2016/03/31/hillary-believe-me-weve-been-very-transparent-about-clinton-foundation-donations-n2141514
  2. 181 Donations to the Clinton Foundations were from lobbyists who also received preferential contracts from the State Dept http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2016/03/31/hillary-believe-me-weve-been-very-transparent-about-clinton-foundation-donations-n2141514
  3. Russia (who you don't like) recently bought a Canadian mining company that has mining interests in the US. Uranium mining. Since Uranium is a "strategic" asset the purchase required approval from the US Government. That approval was based on a recommendation from the SecState, one Hillary Clinton. Prior to her granting her recommendation the Russian President of the new company, Uranium One, "donated" $2.35M to the Clinton Foundation. The Clinton Foundation DID NOT report that donation to the IRS as required by law. After the "donation" Uranium One got it's approval and Russian owned interests control 20% of the worlds uranium production. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0 & http://nypost.com/2015/04/23/understanding-the-influence-peddling-of-clinton-inc/
  4. Liberal journalist Juan Williams even pointed out the hypocrisy and unethical behavior of Hillary Clinton for opposing the Keystone Pipeline while accepting "donations" from the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, etc. Gee Bruce, do you know what those countries have in common with each other besides terrorism, brutal treatment of women and lot of camel dung? Could it be oil? What was the Keystone pipeline about again? Oh that's right, Canadian oil. http://www.weeklystandard.com/juan-williams-foreign-donations-to-clinton-foundation-unethical-rank-influence-peddling/article/858124
  5. And of course one way to secure the support of superdelegates is to ask Clinton Foundation "donors" to help them in their own campaigns. That at least is legal but it sure don't smell good. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/26/nyregion/protege-of-hillary-and-bill-clintons-targets-us-congressional-seat.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=1

So, I'm curious Bruce, what do you think about this?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Isn't the issue with Keystone environmental concerns about leaks and failures rather than just it being oil ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Isn't the issue with Keystone environmental concerns about leaks and failures rather than just it being oil ?

The point here isn't the engineering of the project. It's a politician that opposed it after accepting gifts from foreign interests that opposed it. 

Thomas Sowell

Well far be it from me to draw conclusions for you. Allow me to link a few credible news sources:

1. From Townhall.com, the Clinton Foundation which is supposed to be a charity has been accepting millions in unreported "donations" from foreign interests who were receiving favorable treatment from the State Dept. while she was SecState: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2016/03/31/hillary-believe-me-weve-been-very-transparent-about-clinton-foundation-donations-n2141514
  2. 181 Donations to the Clinton Foundations were from lobbyists who also received preferential contracts from the State Dept http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2016/03/31/hillary-believe-me-weve-been-very-transparent-about-clinton-foundation-donations-n2141514
  3. Russia (who you don't like) recently bought a Canadian mining company that has mining interests in the US. Uranium mining. Since Uranium is a "strategic" asset the purchase required approval from the US Government. That approval was based on a recommendation from the SecState, one Hillary Clinton. Prior to her granting her recommendation the Russian President of the new company, Uranium One, "donated" $2.35M to the Clinton Foundation. The Clinton Foundation DID NOT report that donation to the IRS as required by law. After the "donation" Uranium One got it's approval and Russian owned interests control 20% of the worlds uranium production. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0 & http://nypost.com/2015/04/23/understanding-the-influence-peddling-of-clinton-inc/
  4. Liberal journalist Juan Williams even pointed out the hypocrisy and unethical behavior of Hillary Clinton for opposing the Keystone Pipeline while accepting "donations" from the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, etc. Gee Bruce, do you know what those countries have in common with each other besides terrorism, brutal treatment of women and lot of camel dung? Could it be oil? What was the Keystone pipeline about again? Oh that's right, Canadian oil. http://www.weeklystandard.com/juan-williams-foreign-donations-to-clinton-foundation-unethical-rank-influence-peddling/article/858124
  5. And of course one way to secure the support of superdelegates is to ask Clinton Foundation "donors" to help them in their own campaigns. That at least is legal but it sure don't smell good. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/26/nyregion/protege-of-hillary-and-bill-clintons-targets-us-congressional-seat.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=1

So, I'm curious Bruce, what do you think about this?

Firstly I appreciate the way you made this post, you have used different examples  but provided links I can reference. This is the most effective way to engage with me as I only make points I can support with links if required and if someone wants to make a controversial point then how you have done it  is ideal....and of course I value the effort  you put in as I can possibly learn something new  :thumbsup:

I need to go through these links so I understand the criticism but I will go through them all and respond as I want see if I'm missing something about Hilary 

John Milton 

I do hope so. But for a person with such paranoid distrust for the government, it seems strange that you put such strong trust in the voting process, which is the first thing anyone would want to manipulate in a democracy.

That is because the Federal Government has nothing to do with elections. They are entirely run by the respective states. 

I swear I will never understand your way of thinking.

So government is teh evulz except in the specific case of the state level which is somehow immune to everything that makes the federal government the terrible tool of oppressive tyranny it is. Bwuh?

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I do hope so. But for a person with such paranoid distrust for the government, it seems strange that you put such strong trust in the voting process, which is the first thing anyone would want to manipulate in a democracy.

That is because the Federal Government has nothing to do with elections. They are entirely run by the respective states. 

So government is teh evulz except in the specific case of the state level which is somehow immune to everything that makes the federal government the terrible tool of oppressive tyranny it is. Bwuh?

We have a lot more input and control of local and state governments. I can pick up the phone and call my State Rep and she will speak with me. Don't even bother trying that with your Congressmen.

Thomas Sowell

We have a lot more input and control of local and state governments. I can pick up the phone and call my State Rep and she will speak with me. Don't even bother trying that with your Congressmen.

I guess that's fair.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

So for this FY the United States collected $2,139,254,000,000 in tax revenue for an average $14,164 per tax payer. If you paid less than that in taxes and still think the "rich" are not paying their fair share kindly STFU. Everyone else is paying for you.

I am paying more than that by a good deal.  But it isn't about the 'rich' not paying their fair share, it's about the fact you cannot grow any wealth below a certain income level, while those at the top are able to grow their wealth extremely fast.

MW-BV062_income_20140220170529_MG.jpg?uu

Clearly the solution is more low wage illegal immigration.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Are you trying to imply that the best way to address the inequality of wealth is to get more US citizens out in the fields picking vegetables?

Because that would be ridiculous.   

So for this FY the United States collected $2,139,254,000,000 in tax revenue for an average $14,164 per tax payer. If you paid less than that in taxes and still think the "rich" are not paying their fair share kindly STFU. Everyone else is paying for you.

I am paying more than that by a good deal.  But it isn't about the 'rich' not paying their fair share, it's about the fact you cannot grow any wealth below a certain income level, while those at the top are able to grow their wealth extremely fast.

WOD lets say Trump is elected president 

What are the things you absolutely expect him to do?

John Milton 

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Beautiful statement. Very high energy! I really like that poster, you really have to like him. Give him a nice hat.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't really care about what Mr Wanken says

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Are you trying to imply that the best way to address the inequality of wealth is to get more US citizens out in the fields picking vegetables?

You can't improve your economic situation if you can't get a starter job because you can't compete with below minimum wage, tax evading illegals. Used to be lots of good jobs for Americans in the construction industry, not any more. It's not just illegals either, it's all the H2 and H1B visa holders driving down US wages.

Build the wall and enforce the law. I also expect him to put US interests first.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

You can't improve your economic situation if you can't get a starter job because you can't compete with below minimum wage, tax evading illegals. Used to be lots of good jobs for Americans in the construction industry, not any more. It's not just illegals either, it's all the H2 and H1B visa holders driving down US wages.

Build the wall and enforce the law. I also expect him to put US interests first.

Fair enough, the Trump wall  can be built if the USA pays for it....it just seems to be a complete waste of time and resources 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Malebonding usually entails such humor, especially among good friends that you can confide in. When you phrase it as "something to gain", it sounds like you do not understand the concept to begin with.

Just to be really sure and there's no language-barrier. I am talking about the camaradiere from going out fishing/hunting on a weekend with your friends, drinking, talking about which female co-worker having the biggest boobs, who was the biggest **** in high-school, your and your friends earlier conquests, all those might've-beens or should've-hads, toilet humor and so on. 

Fascinating in itself that you aren't aware of it.

You raise an interesting point .....no I didnt do any of those things you mentioned. I always had male friends but I was raised in a matriarch society and when I left school all my groups of friends had men and women in the groups so I had no interest in "malebonding " ? 

But talking about female co-workers boobs size would be very inappropriate...but when I am at home with my friends I will  comment about women who I find attractive but I think I do it in a way that doesn't objectify them

Interesting, I have no further questions. But it explains a lot, i have taken a lot for granted.

Meshugger I am always really interested in what people think motivates me and what I really stand for when it comes to a forum like this, so please elaborate a little further ?

I know some people have a negative view of me and sometimes that has been my fault but after reading LK long opinion of me I realized just how bad and incorrect some opinions of me are...and if I can change it when it comes to some members I would like to. Of course there are some people who dont like me and thats okay because I dont mind them disliking me 

And this is not one of those attempts where I actually want people to now respond to my post with comments " I like you, you not so bad  ".  I do know the people on this forum who interact with me and I appreciate there efforts to engage with me 

But going back to what you mentioned about "it explains a lot "...what do you mean? Why would my response mean that..and please be honest as I do appreciate constructive  criticism 

Instead of writing a long description, i will recommend you watching "Stand By Me" (1986). If the ending doesn't hit you in the gut or makes you understand it emotionally, then i cannot help you.

As for the election. Anyone having cliff notes about Trump's speech today? As i understand it would've been about Hillary, but it was about the attack in Orlando instead. 

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's not. Illegals are costing us hundreds of billions, not to mention all the crime and social problems. You can't end poverty while you keep importing it.

To be honest imo the big travesty is the amount the US spends on defense and the military.

Realistically speaking, no one in their right mind would ever attack the USA. First off, we have ****ing nukes. Second, we live in the middle of ****ing nowhere, meaning anyone that attacks the USA has logistics issues with fuel and food and supply lines. Third, because we live in the middle of ****ing nowhere, ALL our neighbors would probably prefer status quo over a questionable and unpredictable change in politics; attacking the USA is likely to also function as an attack on Canada, Mexico, and the bulk of South America. Fourth, even in the face of a country such as Russia that CAN go toe-to-toe with our firepower, Russia would absolutely refrain from attacking us because of #1 and #2. Even if for some reason we agree to a war without nukes, the attacking nation would automatically lose due to the strain of resources and supply lines, thus both Russia and the USA would opt to fight on their home turf.

The idea of anyone in their right mind attempting to attack the USA, yet despite this the amount that the USA spends on defense is absolutely insane. I personally hold the stance that yes, USA should stop playing world police force, let everyone fend for themselves (I mean wtf people bitch at the USA for intervening in foreign wars anyways), and leave the defense budget strictly for defense. Freeing up those funds would do worlds to help EVERY other aspect of the USA, from healthcare to study costs to the economy. (though of course the government would want to develop a plan to create new jobs in advance as understandably a loss of spending also means a loss of jobs) I guess my point is that if we REALLY wanna save money, target the US military and the richest 1%. Anything else is legit peanuts compared to these two.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

No way, Jose. If we hadnt pissed away 1 TRILLION dollars on UHC we could have built 222.22 Nimitz class aircraft carriers! We could have laid them bow to stern and created a bridge all the way to North Korea just to walk across and punch them in the face. :yes: Such wasted opportunities.