Should the UK leave the EU?

BruceVC

I've avoided taking a stance on this because I'm not British and I think it is arrogant and presumptuous for someone who does not an has never lived in GB to tell them how their country ought to be run. But if I were I'd be voting to send the EU and the Brussels bureaucrats back across the channel where they belong.

Well, we have this cavalier tendency to tell you how to run your country every day of the week and twice on sundays, so I don't think anyone will hold it against you.

However, if you are still uncomfortable, you can always do it like a boss a member of royalty, and frame it as a leading question.

I reject the notion of countries altogether.

Do you reject all spooks then? Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Even if remain wins the EU should take this opportunity to figure out why half the population has such major issues with it they want to leave. But, they won't. They'll just dig in and  label have of Britian as 'bigots' and 'idiots'. The EU has MAJOR issues and they should work at it to make the people happy but slkavers usually don't care if their slaves ar eunhappy so nothing of substance will change. Once a slaver always a slaver.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Leave" is pulling ahead...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Even if remain wins the EU should take this opportunity to figure out why half the population has such major issues with it they want to leave. But, they won't. They'll just dig in and  label have of Britian as 'bigots' and 'idiots'. The EU has MAJOR issues and they should work at it to make the people happy but slkavers usually don't care if their slaves ar eunhappy so nothing of substance will change. Once a slaver always a slaver.

Well, it's just half of the UK.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wow the Scots were really in favor of stay. I figured it would be the other way around.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Based on the results so far, with most of Northern Ireland and most of Scotland having been counted while the rest of England is still being counted (and England moderately favoring "leave"), and with the results already favoring leave by some, it looks like leave will be winning.

(e): ITV News (whatever that is) predicts 85% chance of Brexit winning.

(e): Sky News estimates 70-80% of Brexit winning.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

According to Bloomberg, "Bookmaker odds of British Exit [have] advanced to around 90%".

If Scotland tries to secede again that'd be funny

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

ITV News says Brexit has won.

BBC News says Brexit has won.

Huh, you can edit posts now. Weird.

Well, certainly interesting couple of days ahead. Heh, will be interesting trying to go from NI to Ireland or back

I knew I should have sold my GBP in January. Good for nothing English scum.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Visa free applied though. Having an EU passport was pretty useful, looks like I don't have one now.

The area I could have voted in had leave +20% anyway.

Interesting times are certainly ahead. I really didn't think when it came right down to it that enough people would be brave enough to vote leave. Will have some interesting ramifications for other countries too, it would make somewhere like Greece leaving a lot more likely; I'd suspect that they would have had this vote been a year or so earlier. Hard to be sympathetic with the EU though, too smug, too insular, too self satisfied, too imbalanced, too pretentious, too unwieldy and yes half of those mean much the same thing. Trying to force everyone into their vision of the project when those you're forcing are democracies was always a stupid approach.

Bye bye Cameron, bye bye Osborne.

Time to load up my Amazon UK shopping cart, yay! I barely followed any of this news, but from a practical perspective, all this means is about a 10% (and climbing) discount on anything I import from the UK. :ninja:

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 3

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Farage sure has a stabbable face.

• Like 1