Valsuelm

Vote or Die, who would it be?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump

• Donald (US Resident)
    • Donald (Foreign Spectator)
    • Hillary (US Resident)
    • Hillary (Foreign Spectator)

Basically he said " how can someone who doesn't live in the USA claim to  know more about who will be the next president than someone who lives in the USA "

Quote me.

Go find the quote that suggests this. You're being blatantly dishonest. I said you look ****ing ridiculous trying to tell someone who actually knows people who once worked for the Clinton Administration that he's misinformed about the Clintons while you simultaneously imply that you, a person who isn't even from the USA, knows better. The discussion was never "who will win," because the very post I made preceding my post addressing you implies the exact opposite: I stated I hope the FBI nails her so we don't have to deal with her, again implying she's likely to win on the Democratic side.

Likewise, once again you prove incapable of making actual tangible arguments. You continue to only point at others while you can't defend your own stances worth a damn. I asked you to state why on earth you choose to support Hilary, and here you are once again changing the subject. For someone who claims to be so informed, you offer very little. I would think that anyone heavily knowledgeable about politics would want to educate as many people as possible so they vote the "correct" way, but you seem to act as though your reasons for supporting her are some really big secret that dare not be leaked.

Perhaps I was mistaken. Perhaps you support her not because you're oblivious to how frequently she's dishonest, but rather you yourself can relate to a dishonest person.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Basically he said " how can someone who doesn't live in the USA claim to  know more about who will be the next president than someone who lives in the USA "

Quote me.

Go find the quote that suggests this. You're being blatantly dishonest. I said you look ****ing ridiculous trying to tell someone who actually knows people who once worked for the Clinton Administration that he's misinformed about the Clintons while you simultaneously imply that you, a person who isn't even from the USA, knows better. The discussion was never "who will win," because the very post I made preceding my post addressing you implies the exact opposite: I stated I hope the FBI nails her so we don't have to deal with her, again implying she's likely to win on the Democratic side.

Likewise, once again you prove incapable of making actual tangible arguments. You continue to only point at others while you can't defend your own stances worth a damn. I asked you to state why on earth you choose to support Hilary, and here you are once again changing the subject. For someone who claims to be so informed, you offer very little. I would think that anyone heavily knowledgeable about politics would want to educate as many people as possible so they vote the "correct" way, but you seem to act as though your reasons for supporting her are some really big secret that dare not be leaked.

Perhaps I was mistaken. Perhaps you support her not because you're oblivious to how frequently she's dishonest, but rather you yourself can relate to a dishonest person.

LK I'm not angry with you ....just annoyed

You have  a  problem where somehow you think being rude is fine and even though sometimes I am condescending have I ever been rude to you?

Yes you clearly implied as someone outside the USA I am uninformed ...you said " Surely a random asswipe in South Africa is far more educated in these matters than " 

End of the day you can make the exact same points without the personal attacks? And the sad part is clearly no one you respect has ever said to you " dude ...tone down the insults " 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tone-policing, like a clock.

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Tone-policing, like a clock.

"tone-policing ".....what does that mean?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Quote me.

You have  a  problem where somehow you think being rude is fine and even though sometimes I am condescending have I ever been rude to you?

Yes you clearly implied as someone outside the USA I am uninformed ...you said " Surely a random asswipe in South Africa is far more educated in these matters than " 

End of the day you can make the exact same points without the personal attacks? And the sad part is clearly no one you respect has ever said to you " dude ...tone down the insults " 

Yes, I am very rude to people who are a blatant dead weight in a debate, let alone a debate that's regarding the future of a nation and you seem to treat it more as "I need to win this argument on the internet" rather than "this is actually important." Yknow why I'm rude? Because you deserve it.

A debate should be a chance for people to discuss issues back and forth and highlight which facts are true, which are false and where the candidates stand on a multitude of matters, with the goal being that ALL parties involved in a debate will walk away from it feeling more informed and better qualified to cast their vote. It's not about winning, it's not about picking a side and doing ANYTHING to prove that side superior even if the debate proves your initial side may be lacking, it's about progress.

You never back up your stances. You never answer questions when challenged. You never add ANYTHING meaningful to ANY debate on this website. You sit on the sidelines...who am I kidding, you sit smack dab in the middle. The sidelines is where you SHOULD be, but you always act as though you have something meaningful to say. You sit in the center of every debate making worthless, empty passive aggressive comments while providing nothing of real weight or value.

And then about once a month, someone calls you out on it, and rather than manning up and participating in a meaningful way, you continue making passive aggressive comments about the person as well as the topic without actually improving yourself.

Here's my take on it: you are absolute dead weight to any discussion regarding US Politics. I mean I've spoken out before about how I'm not fond of Volourn's hysteria-driven "you're a nazi" responses he's prone to, but to his credit, I'm at times willing to overlook that and read his posts while filtering that out because sometimes he can actually back up his arguments and bring information to the table. But you? I honestly don't think anyone would miss you if you were somehow barred from participating in these discussions, because what substance have you ever brought to the table...? We wouldn't be missing anything.

I take debate seriously. It's a chance for progress and a chance to learn something. It should be a chance for people to come together and refine their opinions and their knowledge of the topic. The disrespect I show you...? It's akin to if you were assigned to be a fellow surgeon at an operating table when you clearly had absolutely zero medical knowledge. Of course I wouldn't respect that surgeon, of course I want them gone. They're a problem more than they are a valued asset. If that surgeon contributes in a meaningful way though, suddenly he's welcome. See how that works? How sometimes you need to be QUALIFIED to participate in something, otherwise people will tell you you're unwelcome? And granted I'm not even asking much here. It's not like I'm gonna say "your opinion about healthcare is wrong, gtfo you're unqualified." No, if I disagree with your opinion about healthcare, then at least by telling me your opinion I have a chance to counter it. You'd be an active member of the discussion. Yay!

But that's just it: this is no hate vendetta, this is no malice or personal problem with you. This is all very simple: "Put up or shutup." You wanna prove me wrong? Back up a claim or stance of yours for once in your god damned life. Do that, and we're having a discussion. Don't do that, and damned right I'm gonna be discussing how worthless your opinions are and why I want you gone from the discussion. By all means you're as welcome to chat on these forums as anyone else and I'm not saying I'm trying to run you off from the community or something, but damn right you piss me off when you sit here with that entitled ****ing attitude that you have a right to sit here and PRETEND you have a lick of political knowledge like all the big boys, and how dare anyone call you out when they notice your knowledge is a facade.

This discussion does not exist to make you feel smart or better about yourself, it exists so informed individuals who actually care about the matter can discuss various strengths and weaknesses they see in the main candidates. Kindly grow up, or if you truly wish to be a valuable contributer to such discussions, defend your damned candidate and defend your damned stances. Then and only then will you see that I suddenly start speaking to you with more respect; once you've earned it.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Quote me.

Yes, I am very rude to people who are a blatant dead weight in a debate, let alone a debate that's regarding the future of a nation and you seem to treat it more as "I need to win this argument on the internet" rather than "this is actually important." Yknow why I'm rude? Because you deserve it.

A debate should be a chance for people to discuss issues back and forth and highlight which facts are true, which are false and where the candidates stand on a multitude of matters, with the goal being that ALL parties involved in a debate will walk away from it feeling more informed and better qualified to cast their vote. It's not about winning, it's not about picking a side and doing ANYTHING to prove that side superior even if the debate proves your initial side may be lacking, it's about progress.

You never back up your stances. You never answer questions when challenged. You never add ANYTHING meaningful to ANY debate on this website. You sit on the sidelines...who am I kidding, you sit smack dab in the middle. The sidelines is where you SHOULD be, but you always act as though you have something meaningful to say. You sit in the center of every debate making worthless, empty passive aggressive comments while providing nothing of real weight or value.

And then about once a month, someone calls you out on it, and rather than manning up and participating in a meaningful way, you continue making passive aggressive comments about the person as well as the topic without actually improving yourself.

Here's my take on it: you are absolute dead weight to any discussion regarding US Politics. I mean I've spoken out before about how I'm not fond of Volourn's hysteria-driven "you're a nazi" responses he's prone to, but to his credit, I'm at times willing to overlook that and read his posts while filtering that out because sometimes he can actually back up his arguments and bring information to the table. But you? I honestly don't think anyone would miss you if you were somehow barred from participating in these discussions, because what substance have you ever brought to the table...? We wouldn't be missing anything.

I take debate seriously. It's a chance for progress and a chance to learn something. It should be a chance for people to come together and refine their opinions and their knowledge of the topic. The disrespect I show you...? It's akin to if you were assigned to be a fellow surgeon at an operating table when you clearly had absolutely zero medical knowledge. Of course I wouldn't respect that surgeon, of course I want them gone. They're a problem more than they are a valued asset. If that surgeon contributes in a meaningful way though, suddenly he's welcome. See how that works? How sometimes you need to be QUALIFIED to participate in something, otherwise people will tell you you're unwelcome? And granted I'm not even asking much here. It's not like I'm gonna say "your opinion about healthcare is wrong, gtfo you're unqualified." No, if I disagree with your opinion about healthcare, then at least by telling me your opinion I have a chance to counter it. You'd be an active member of the discussion. Yay!

But that's just it: this is no hate vendetta, this is no malice or personal problem with you. This is all very simple: "Put up or shutup." You wanna prove me wrong? Back up a claim or stance of yours for once in your god damned life. Do that, and we're having a discussion. Don't do that, and damned right I'm gonna be discussing how worthless your opinions are and why I want you gone from the discussion. By all means you're as welcome to chat on these forums as anyone else and I'm not saying I'm trying to run you off from the community or something, but damn right you piss me off when you sit here with that entitled ****ing attitude that you have a right to sit here and PRETEND you have a lick of political knowledge like all the big boys, and how dare anyone call you out when they notice your knowledge is a facade.

This discussion does not exist to make you feel smart or better about yourself, it exists so informed individuals who actually care about the matter can discuss various strengths and weaknesses they see in the main candidates. Kindly grow up, or if you truly wish to be a valuable contributer to such discussions, defend your damned candidate and defend your damned stances. Then and only then will you see that I suddenly start speaking to you with more respect; once you've earned it.

You see once again this post is an example of misplaced  rudeness

You have a horribly incorrect view of me, I dont sit in the middle at all. I generally take one side and stand by it...for example

• I  always support the Democrats
  • I believe and support Western ideology
  • I support gender equality, non-racism and the LGBT community
  • I believe in the EU and what it stands for
  • I  am a huge supporter of Germany who was to redeem themselves after ww2

Anyway I can go on and on ....but the suggestion I sit in the middle is incongruous ? But yes of course I have made mistakes,like my support of anti-GG. That lead to unnecessary arguments

But you seem to misunderstand what motivates me and why I frequent these forums. You say things like "people calliing me out " and " people wouldn't care if I left the forum "  as if that matters to me, this is a forum....why do you think I would care who cares if I leave. Don’t get me wrong I really enjoy chatting to people but no one is my friend here in the sense my friends exist in RL. So I appreciate interacting with people but they are friendly forum people …not real friends

And in closing this point you made about  Volo highlights how confused your idea of “ normal and acceptable “  is . I like volo but if you didn’t know him and his etiquette you would think he was an insane person ….he has on several occasions insulted new people to the forum with his bizarre posting style

I’ll wager not one person on this forum who knows volo will say he is consistent and always brings valid information to the table all the time….he calls Hurlshot a “ a  sjw nazi “

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Here's my take on it: you are absolute dead weight to any discussion

No need for an essay when a clause will do. Succinct, to the point and gets the important take home message across as quickly and easily as possible.

Zora please can you stop ignoring me ....you should be mature enough to be able to have a debate?

John Milton 

The joke thread went from Cruz-hybrids to absolutely savage, I'm undecided on whether this is an improvement or not but keep it up.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No need for an essay when a clause will do. Succinct, to the point and gets the important take home message across as quickly and easily as possible.

I'm stubborn. I like to imagine that if, someday, someone has a bit of inner reflection during a difficult time, realizes there's a problem and then starts reflecting on things people have said to them in the past to try and find an answer as to what the issue may be, I want to provide that person with as much explanation as possible.

Naive as ****, I know, but meh, I'd rather waste my breathe than not try at all.

I'm stubborn. I like to imagine that if, someday, someone has a bit of inner reflection during a difficult time, realizes there's a problem and then starts reflecting on things people have said to them in the past to try and find an answer as to what the issue may be, I want to provide that person with as much explanation as possible.

Naive as ****, I know, but meh, I'd rather waste my breathe than not try at all.

LK please for the love of everything that is relevant please dont start thinking Zora is someone who can help you...I dont think I can handle your posts but fulled with Zora's anti-western sentiment 

John Milton 

Damn.  I thought we were electing a President of the Way Off Topic Forum.

Disappointing everyone, disappointing.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Good luck convincing him of that. At least it wasn't overly whiney though.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Malc please can someone like you also explain to LK he doesnt need to make such long posts.....its like I ask him but no one else mentions it and I'm thinking " surly I cant be only one thinking ......no dude...brevity is sometimes best " 

He will ignore what I say because he assumes I'm trolling him 

John Milton 

Eh, most of the posting here is self pleasuring. He can knock himself out :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Indeed, hence why I completely stopped trying long ago.  It's futile. 

Anyway, here's a funny Hillary picture.  I think this one isn't even doctored.

Hillary56.jpg

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Eh, most of the posting here is self pleasuring. He can knock himself out :p

But Malc you know more about the Internet and general posting etiquette than me .....do you think most people even read his posts? I dont ..and I'm sure he thinks people are reading what he writes?

John Milton 

Indeed, hence why I completely stopped trying long ago.  It's futile. 

Anyway, here's a funny Hillary picture.  I think this one isn't even doctored.

Hillary56.jpg

Did you also mention to LK about his long posts?

John Milton 

Dat creepy Bernie smile tho

Bernie.jpg

He's storing his energy for an assault on the enemies of the people.

flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Vote for Gorth! :-

(insert long list of election promises that are obviously not intended to be honoured post-election)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

(insert long list of election promises that are obviously not intended to be honoured post-election)

I think the question on everyone's mind, in regards to your platform, is whether you'd build a wall.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think the question on everyone's mind, in regards to your platform, is whether you'd build a wall.

Actually I want to know who you are going to make pay for it.   :fdevil:

• Like 1

He'll build a wall of skulls.

Actually I want to know who you are going to make pay for it.   :fdevil:

Make the South Africans pay for it!

• Like 2