What You Did Today

Tale

You need a better motorhome! :D

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My RV is getting up there in years, right now it is in the shop and I'll be dropping about $3k on new tires, transmission service, and fixing the front wheel bearings that are going bad.  But we've had it for 7 years and it's a comfortable little home for us for about 6 weeks a year.  

Denver's light rail isn't too bad either and for everything else that you can't easily get to by bus there is Uber. For Boulder I'd say just stay in Denver and make a day trip out of it, all the best (non-nature) stuff there is in walking distance. I've never been to Fort Collins so I have no idea about that, sorry. Can't say much about the Springs either as I don't go there often and when I do I'm usually just passing through.

Hmm, I wonder what the implications for Uber and Lyft are with young kids?  It sounds like Denver might be the best option, plus I can always rent a car to make it easier to get around.

You can take kids on Uber and Lyft and sometimes I take it around town because it's cheaper than paying for parking. A rental car can be a good idea depending on your plans but for local conveyance in Denver only, I wouldn't. But if you plan on really venturing out then absolutely

Free games updated 3/4/21

Denver's light rail isn't too bad either and for everything else that you can't easily get to by bus there is Uber. For Boulder I'd say just stay in Denver and make a day trip out of it, all the best (non-nature) stuff there is in walking distance. I've never been to Fort Collins so I have no idea about that, sorry. Can't say much about the Springs either as I don't go there often and when I do I'm usually just passing through.

Hmm, I wonder what the implications for Uber and Lyft are with young kids?  It sounds like Denver might be the best option, plus I can always rent a car to make it easier to get around.

You can take kids on Uber and Lyft and sometimes I take it around town because it's cheaper than paying for parking. A rental car can be a good idea depending on your plans but for local conveyance in Denver only, I wouldn't. But if you plan on really venturing out then absolutely

You guys should try to meet for drink? If Hurlshot is in Denver anyway it would seem to be  a waste to not at least try to get together for a nice lunch or dinner ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I had such a nice day today on my leave , I went to  gym in the morning. Then I did some banking for most of the morning and in the early afternoon I carried on playing Witcher 3 and  I just made myself a nice Spaghetti Bolonaise for dinner...and now  I plan to carry on playing W3  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Freaking Squirrels eating all my seeds. 3 of the 12 corn I planted have sprouted, none of my squash, 3 out of 16 beets, I had to replant the sprouted watermelon because they had been dug up, one of them looks like it survived, but the other is questionable. None of my lettuce, and 4 carrots out of the like 30 seeds I planted have sprouted.

On the other hand I think I left a potato behind when I harvested last year, because I went out and there was suddenly a potato plant in there, which I didn't plant.

Also, garlic leaves are freaking tasty.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Freaking Squirrels eating all my seeds. 3 of the 12 corn I planted have sprouted, none of my squash, 3 out of 16 beets, I had to replant the sprouted watermelon because they had been dug up, one of them looks like it survived, but the other is questionable. None of my lettuce, and 4 carrots out of the like 30 seeds I planted have sprouted.

On the other hand I think I left a potato behind when I harvested last year, because I went out and there was suddenly a potato plant in there, which I didn't plant.

Also, garlic leaves are freaking tasty.

I'm interested in your garden, is this common is Canada and how many veg and fruits do you grow?  Also do you grow this produce to sell or private consumption 

John Milton 

Its a really small garden, we have like an 8 foot by 2 foot little spot, plus some planters. We have a blueberry plant in one, and several strawberry plants in another, while what we grow in the plot varies each year. Right now I have corn, carrots, beets, butternut squash, watermelon, lettuce, peas, and garlic planted. Not enough to sell, but enough to provide some fresh fruit and veggies for a couple meals in the summer/fall. The corn we grew last year was some of the best we had ever had. We only had one blueberry and two strawberries actually fruit last year, but the Strawberries are already looking much better this year. I also dug up the small 10 ft by 1/2 foot bit between the fence and the concrete patio to plant more corn this year, as for some reason the corn grows really well in the more claylike soil.

10945528_10153301667881201_7204230550485

This was a photo from last year so you can see how small it is. There is only one other person in our co-op that has the space in their unit to grow anything, so they do, much better than we do. A couple others have some planters. I don't know how common it is for others though.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 2

Devastatorsig.jpg

Its a really small garden, we have like an 8 foot by 2 foot little spot, plus some planters. We have a blueberry plant in one, and several strawberry plants in another, while what we grow in the plot varies each year. Right now I have corn, carrots, beets, butternut squash, watermelon, lettuce, peas, and garlic planted. Not enough to sell, but enough to provide some fresh fruit and veggies for a couple meals in the summer/fall. The corn we grew last year was some of the best we had ever had. We only had one blueberry and two strawberries actually fruit last year, but the Strawberries are already looking much better this year. I also dug up the small 10 ft by 1/2 foot bit between the fence and the concrete patio to plant more corn this year, as for some reason the corn grows really well in the more claylike soil.

10945528_10153301667881201_7204230550485

This was a photo from last year so you can see how small it is. There is only one other person in our co-op that has the space in their unit to grow anything, so they do, much better than we do. A couple others have some planters. I don't know how common it is for others though.

And who taught you about how to grow veg and fruit? Did you teach yourself

I think its great, nice one 

John Milton 

Yeah, I just decided I had a patch of ugly overgrown grass in the back yard, it would be nice to grow a few things. So I dug it out, a friend in construction gave us some bricks, and we bought some seeds and plants. We learn more every year. I want to get a bunch of cheap planters and grow more potatoes with a method I saw online where you cut big holes in one planter and put it in another, so when your potatoes are ready you can just pull the planter with holes out and you have access to the potatoes without having to dig.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Two things, one good one bad.

Good: I'm officially kicked to Assistant Branch Manager back in ames as of next friday. That puts me another dollar up and off revenue management (so I get paid out based on how the branch is performing, not me personally).

Bad news: Grandma broke a hip. She's 91 this year, and broke her hip today. She's going into surgery now (From what I hear second hand) but as my mom put it "This is usually a death sentence".

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Help me out here guys, I need to make sense of this:

J2K3ctC.png

This message is referring to a "popular" discussion that took place (popular meaning it was the top discussion in the top thread of a certain day) where I commented on how disabled people can be spoiled or weird and no one acknowledges it cuz no balls to diss the cripple, and someone asked me if I get a lot of girls with a disability - they asked honestly and legitimately curious if it affected my chances. I said I've no idea because if I get stared at I never know if I'm being checked out or if they wanna know why I'm limping.

That discussion must've been over a week ago now, and it took place in a community where I'm in no way of any significance or importance or anything, so no one there should have ANY motivation to like or hate me. Fast forward to now, I get this message with the clear intent of upsetting me, and the account that sent it isn't even trying to hide that it's an alt account and/or recently made.

So in short, someone doesn't like me and tried to upset me....but they somehow delayed their efforts by a week. Like they only JUST NOW started going through my post history or something...? It's weird to me because ok let's say I have a psycho stalker that hates my guts. Such a person would message me almost immediately, no? This person has a reaction time delay of well over a week, yet they STILL have the motivation to go through all this trouble to try and upset me.

LOL WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON

This is honestly fascinating to me. I can never imagine myself doing this, and yet here it is. Hell man, I can't even make sense of their motivations here. Like in ALL of reddit I can name one guy that would have some motivation to dislike me, but he'd be weeeeell out of his "natural habitat" and he'd be reviving a dispute (a basic disagreement, nothing more) that was last year. Can anyone walk me through what on earth would drive someone to do this?

I bring it up just because friends of mine have pointed out that when I'm online, I have this weird thing where people either love me or hate me. Nothing like that occurs in real life, but online? I constantly have people forming cults in my honor, and then I constantly have people that seem to be stabbing voodoo dolls in my liking every 10 minutes or so. Stuff like this is sadly a regular occurance for me. I actually find it hilarious (luckily...?), but I'm SUPER curious about all things psychology, and when I encounter someone acting a certain way that I can't wrap my head around, it drives my curiousity insane.

So yeah, as of about 15 minutes ago, here I am sitting here trying to make sense of this person and their motivations. I cannot for the life of me put myself in their shoes.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Probably just best to ignore it.

I ASKED HIM WHY HE BOTHERED MESSAGING ME AND LOL WHAT IS GOING ON:

gGsjEWY.png

Like I'm laughing my ass off here but I'm likewise confused as ****. HOW DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS EXIST?? This is so weird, so malicious and so pathetic I don't even know what to say. He's spamming me now.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

I stand by my advice. People like this feed on your reaction.

GOOD, this is hilarious and entertaining! Like if I stopped getting messaged I'mma be bored and sad.

You don't think you'd find it entertainingly fascinating if out of the blue, somebody referenced a post your made a while back and attempted to piss you off in response, all while hiding behind an alt? That **** gets me like "HOT DAMN I gotta figure out these motivations."

Probably just best to ignore it.

I ASKED HIM WHY HE BOTHERED MESSAGING ME AND LOL WHAT IS GOING ON:

gGsjEWY.png

Like I'm laughing my ass off here but I'm likewise confused as ****. HOW DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS EXIST?? This is so weird, so malicious and so pathetic I don't even know what to say. He's spamming me now.

For me what that guy said to you was rude, unnecessary and worst of all lacking in reality...

How can he  possibly make a statement like that as I doubt he has access to any empirical evidence on the actual matter., he clearly is just trying to offend you. You must have really annoyed him...but still what he said was not necessary

His comments for me fall under the " person needs to be given an immediate warning " ...and permanent banning next time 

John Milton 

Squirrels dug up my potato plant now. Used to think they were cute, now I just want to catch one red handed, snap its neck, and leave it as a warning for the others.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've been really tired lately. At work, at home, whatever I do. It might have something to do with work. A third of the employees were missing for two days this past week. Some had planned vacation or work related education, but most were home sick. It's crazy when you thing about it.

So, today I just chilled and played video games. I think I have spent almost 10 hours doing that, today. It doesn't happen very often anymore.

My apologies, you both seem to have very healthy strategies in regards to dealing with this type of thing.

Well for me its just the principle ....you don't need to insult people on the Internet  around something they cannot change....its malicious and pointless...

Its the same issue I had with that video insulting that overweight SJW who was shrieking, criticize the point and not the person

But I have to be honest I find it hard to believe LK didn't insult him in some way knowing how LK can be....but still no need for that level of vitriol 

John Milton 

Expect to see more of me. It's been 2 years, but I have a PC again. Dell XPS 8900, on sale and open box. Still need to get speakers and I think I'll get a new monitor, but I'm very excited.

• Like 4
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."