US Elections 2016

Gorth

Did you not see it on TV? People were fighting already even though Trump didn't show up. If he did it would've been a riot. What would people say if someone got killed as the result of him continuing? It was clearly not safe.

I did. If Trump thinks a bunch of scrawny liberals disrupting his safe space is a serious danger than he's either delusional or a coward.

Also, US is not Weimar Germany, the comparison is ridiculous.

Take that up with Meshugger then, he's the one who made it after all.

They didn't look scrawny to me, looked like a bunch of thugs. If it was so safe, why didn't police remove them?

The Weimar sentence wasn't in response to you, that's why I left a blank line.

Relax, I used the Weimar republic as an example on what could happen if things escalate. The current level of antagonism and social decay isn't anything near that. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Volo why do you think its wrong if only I decide what is considered free speech? That would not be practical or realistic, I would have tribunals of people who decide these things

So it wouldn't just be up to me, I'm not arrogant"

Tribunals of people you choose hence meaning you would only choose those who agree with you - much like dictator nazis do. Soorround yourself with  puppets and claim, see, I don't make 'all' the decisions. LMAO

You think Hitler went solo? Of course not. He had help being anti freedom. WHY ARE YOU LIKE HITLER?

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Trump is trash but the very people who whine about him condoning violence have done the exact same thing. The thing is most people hate violence unless it is directed at someone they hate. No doubt in my mind if Trump was attacked/killed  people like Bruce would cheer and say 'he had it coming' but if Sanders or Clinton gets attacked/killled they'd be like 'violence should not be used to solve issues'. Hypocrites. EVERYONE.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

Volourn is on fire tonight.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/13/11214140/trump-is-terrifying

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/708983126601682944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Trump tweets something that could be understood as threat to sent people to disrupt Sanders' rallies 

I somehow wonder if that is not but a message with double-meaning. As Trump will hardly sit with a walkie-talkie saying 'activate it!' while putting his 'deal with it'-sunglasses on, but rather to instill paranoia in the Bernie rallies; as in everyone being suspicious of one another being a secret Trump-supporter.

That being said, this circus sure brings the most unexpected scenarios.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

This whole election is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. You are horrified by what you see but can't look away.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Since Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are not going to be the nominee it's safe to say the next President of the US will be a big government authoritarian who has no respect for the limits of the office or the liberties of the citizens. That's why I've lost interest in the whole debacle. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

CdcYDE1UUAARL3Y.jpg

Sometimes there are moments that bring glimmer of light in this darkness

1457829419564.jpg

The battle begins! Sanders is beating Hillary in Illinois polls

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Since Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are not going to be the nominee it's safe to say the next President of the US will be a big government authoritarian who has no respect for the limits of the office or the liberties of the citizens. That's why I've lost interest in the whole debacle. 

I dunno about Ted Cruz, but Rubio is worse than Trump in this regard.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

- Cruz's wife is a manager at Goldman Sachs and a member of council of foreign relations, at the same time he is profiling himself as christian and having a pastor opening his rallies with speeches about burning gays. His campaign manager created robo-calls with false statements that Carson quit the race in Iowa and was endorsing Cruz. He's made numerous false statements and lies about pretty much every other candidate in the campaign, and he eats boogers.

- Rubio is backed by ultra-zionist billionare Sheldon Andersson and the establishment at large. He supports NAFTA, TPP and any other free trade agreement of which undermines the middle class.

Both supported the increase of H1-B visas to 500% which practically replaces the jobs of their constituents. I don't know how any of those two would be any better than the others.

Sanders vs Trump 2016 or bust.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Sanders sure do, but not without merit either.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Trump is trash but the very people who whine about him condoning violence have done the exact same thing. The thing is most people hate violence unless it is directed at someone they hate. No doubt in my mind if Trump was attacked/killed  people like Bruce would cheer and say 'he had it coming' but if Sanders or Trump gets attacked/killled they'd be like 'violence should not be used to solve issues'. Hypocrites. EVERYONE.

No of course I dont want someone like Trump killed.....geez louise that is going too far. I don't hate the guy and wish him harm. I am just opposed to his political strategy and objectives for the USA

But he has created this environment where there is this level of violence at rally's, he started it  by his very offensive public views...his success is exactly because he is going against established but unpopular political institutions. He gained support through his populism and invective...but the negative side to it is there really are people who don"t like him  and will cause issues at his rally's  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Volo why do you think its wrong if only I decide what is considered free speech? That would not be practical or realistic, I would have tribunals of people who decide these things

So it wouldn't just be up to me, I'm not arrogant"

Tribunals of people you choose hence meaning you would only choose those who agree with you - much like dictator nazis do. Soorround yourself with  puppets and claim, see, I don't make 'all' the decisions. LMAO

You think Hitler went solo? Of course not. He had help being anti freedom. WHY ARE YOU LIKE HITLER?

No I obviously wouldn't select these people....I wouldnt have to. There are many people who share my views both politically and ideology and would be more than happy to contribute towards these types of social developments

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"But he has created this environment where there is this level of violence at rally's, he started it  by his very offensive public views...his success is exactly because he is going against established but unpopular political institutions. He gained support through his populism and invective...but the negative side to it is there really are people who don"t like him  and will cause issues at his rally's "

Sanders and Clinton also have very offensive public views... so they deserve violence too? Geez.. it is like you cna't read what you actually write. You ar eblaming him for other people's actions. The people went to HIS rally and committed violence. That ain't on him. It is on the perpetrators. PERIOD. Stop makinge xcuses simply b/c they are 'your side'. LMAO That is exactly what Trump does - it is okay to commit violence on the other side. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE LIKE TRUMP!?!

"But he has created this environment where there is this level of violence at rally's, he started it  by his very offensive public views...his success is exactly because he is going against established but unpopular political institutions. He gained support through his populism and invective...but the negative side to it is there really are people who don"t like him  and will cause issues at his rally's "

Sanders and Clinton also have very offensive public views... so they deserve violence too? Geez.. it is like you cna't read what you actually write. You ar eblaming him for other people's actions. The people went to HIS rally and committed violence. That ain't on him. It is on the perpetrators. PERIOD. Stop makinge xcuses simply b/c they are 'your side'. LMAO That is exactly what Trump does - it is okay to commit violence on the other side. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE LIKE TRUMP!?!

There are several contributing factors towards the violence, Trump is not the only reason but he is  big part of it

There have been many examples of protesters opposed to Trump being attacked at his rally's

http://time.com/4090437/donald-trump-violence-protests-republican-debate/

http://www.pea****-panache.com/2016/01/trump-supporters-attack-silent-protesters-rally-21169.html

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/03/03/trump-protester-cincy-white-supremacist-attacked-me/81288954/

The list goes on and on. Trump has basically become famous because he "speaks his mind and isn't PC " ...people strangely assume that because the Trump campaign is self funded that must mean Trump  " speaks the truth " 

No, the reason people practice a degree of PC etiquette is not because we pander to minorities who make unreasonable demands or because people are uninformed about the reality of the world its because its  a global world where we need to respect different cultures and sometimes its better to be diplomatic if we want economic and political cohesion and harmony 

So you can think Trumps " anti-PC "  is cool and constructive...but its not and this violence is a result of this

I can't remember seeing this type of violence at other US elections?

John Milton 

Wait... are yous till working on the perception I'm pro Trump? You aren't even reading my posts. LMAO

And, again, you are syaing it is okay to commit violence as long as it is against people Bruce dissaproves of. THAT is scary. That is what Trump does. WHY ARE YOU LIKE DONALD TRUMP!?! *shudders*

• Like 1

Volo for 2016

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wait... are yous till working on the perception I'm pro Trump? You aren't even reading my posts. LMAO

And, again, you are syaing it is okay to commit violence as long as it is against people Bruce dissaproves of. THAT is scary. That is what Trump does. WHY ARE YOU LIKE DONALD TRUMP!?! *shudders*

Yes I assumed you shared sentiments with Trump because you often raise points about SJ and PC comments and how politicians are hypocrites

It doesnt matter if you support Trump or not, many people support him. I just don't. Also I dont think I ever mentioned " its okay to commit violence " ?

I have only really commented on the reasons this culture of violence exists ...and Trump plays a part

Volo for 2016

Why do people keep saying things like this? Volo often comments on politics and sometimes we agree on things...he has a much deeper sense of global events than people may assume  

But I'm not sure why his views today seem to be getting such praise ?

John Milton 

Volo for 2016

I fully support Volo's anti-Nazi platform.

Funny... :lol:  

John Milton