Blame Social Justice Warriors for Donald Trump

Valsuelm

Regulate any term of human activity in the name of an arbitrary term leads to over-regulation because it ends up with a small group of arbiters deciding for the many. Same thing. 

You do realize that your argument has now morphed into "having laws is a slippery slope in itself", right?

Nope, you're completely wrong.

Please, do educate me how "crime" isn't a human activity and "a peaceful and ordered society" isn't an arbitrary term.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Regulate any term of human activity in the name of an arbitrary term leads to over-regulation because it ends up with a small group of arbiters deciding for the many. Same thing. 

You do realize that your argument has now morphed into "having laws is a slippery slope in itself", right?

Please, do educate me how "crime" isn't a human activity and "a peaceful and ordered society" isn't an arbitrary term.

lol, twisting and turning & more twisting and turning. The key word is "arbitrary term", as in not set in any principle. "A peaceful and ordered society" is set on principle of no violence and following the law. "A great discussion" is an arbitrary term though.

Now, links please or examples of forums with proper moderation according to the requirements in my previous post please.  

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://www.vocativ.com/315509/soldiers-of-odin-in-us/

"The Soldiers of Odin have established 42 state chapters in the U.S. since February"

Need to call out to real Social Justice Warriors for protection!

This seems really unnecessary..sorry guys I just think this type of initiative is more divisive than helpful
Shouldn't I be scared of these guys?

They were established as a response to the police not protecting women against muslim rape gangs for fear of seeming racist. So I doubt it.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

lol, twisting and turning & more twisting and turning. The key word is "arbitrary term", as in not set in any principle. "A peaceful and ordered society" is set on principle of no violence and following the law. "A great discussion" is an arbitrary term though.

A "constructive discussion", however, isn't.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Well, that description may or may not apply to me, but it's also kind of irrelevant, because given enough people, it sure as hell will apply to someone sooner or later. Not taking into account how certain people will react and just shrugging "well they need to not react like they do" has never really solved any problem in the history of mankind, as far as I'm aware.

People need to take ownership of their feelings and learn some restraint if they can't handle it. Having mods come down all the time isn't the answer imo.

One of the problems I do see on this forum is some people feel compelled to go into threads and post (eg. troll) for laughs or to get a rise out of people and not contribute anything worthwhile. That seems to be more acceptable than two or more people debating over something in a thread. This was seen in the PoE forums during the game's development. People seem to get irritated that two or more people are debating and hogging up the thread.

If I see two people debating for a few pages which happened a lot in the PoE forums, it doesn't worry me. I don't go all 'take it to pm's', trolling, etc and get all bothered by it. I can ignore it as I know it will die down and move onto something else.  If anything, I find it amusing that people are debating to such great length to get their points across. It's like that Michael Jackson eating popcorn meme - I just sit there and watch the show. Maybe because I'm older now and hardly anything bothers me anymore.

Sure, but I'm not saying "WOT needs more stringent moderation". I'm saying "the rules of the forum do not facilitate constructive debate, which sometimes hurts the quality of discussion in topics that are actually relevant to the forum, or are even the very reason for its existence".

I would say that often the forum itself (including the layout) does not facilitate constructive debate. As mentioned before, everything not computer/game related is lumped into one area and the rules for WoT will apply to all threads regardless of their content. So if someone is posting nothing much of worth (memes) in a troll thread, they're also allowed to post not much of worth (memes) in a serious thread. They're not breaking any rules.

If you split WoT up into two or more sub forums, (WoT, Political, Music, etc) like in the BIS days, then different mods for each forum will have differing rules and interpretation of those rules. Political will be more serious and rules may be applied and acted on more then say WoT.

Other forums I visit are laid out a lot better and if I want intelligent discussions, then the vast majority of the time I wont do it here because I know before the end of the first page, there will be trolling, people getting triggered and offended, ad hominem attacks, and the thread is a lost cause. That's more reflective of putting a whole range of people (spammers, trollers, serious dudes, etc) in the one area than the rules. Not to say that there isn't any trolling in other sub forums, however I would contend that you don't see the same level of trolling in the other sub forums as you do with WoT. 

"The Soldiers of Odin have established 42 state chapters in the U.S. since February"

This seems really unnecessary..sorry guys I just think this type of initiative is more divisive than helpful

I would be.

But then I tend to look like whatever (light brown) race that people want to project onto me and I've had a run in with some minutemen militia types once upon a time. 

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

I would be.

But then I tend to look like whatever (light brown) race that people want to project onto me and I've had a run in with some minutemen militia types once upon a time.

Yep. My self preservation instincts and situational awareness tend to spike up a bit whenever groups openly talk about the threat of inflicting violence on my person based on their myopic perception of what I could hypothetically be doing to their people or property. Edited by Leferd
  • Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I would be.

But then I tend to look like whatever (light brown) race that people want to project onto me and I've had a run in with some minutemen militia types once upon a time.

Yep. My self preservation instincts and situational awareness tend to spike up a bit whenever groups openly talk about the threat of inflicting violence on my person based on their myopic perception of what I could hypothetically be doing to their people or property.

Leferd sorry I thought you were joking when you asked " should I be scared " ...my bad  :blush:

I may be missing something but what would you be worried about, is it literally this type of group using racial profiling to harass you on the streets or openly attack you ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I would be.

But then I tend to look like whatever (light brown) race that people want to project onto me and I've had a run in with some minutemen militia types once upon a time. 

Shady I'm also very interested in these types of stories, if you dont mind sharing what happened in your encounter with minutemen militia? Where was it, who are these people from an outsiders perspective ( I have read about them but I have never actually met someone in RL who represents them )

And if you can share as much details as possible that would be great :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If I were those guys I wouldn't f--k with Shady Sands. I know where he learned to fight.

In all seriousness though. When law enforcement does not do it's job, especially for political reasons you are going to see a societal "remedy" that will usually look like vigilantism and usually not end well. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If I were those guys I wouldn't f--k with Shady Sands. I know where he learned to fight.

In all seriousness though. When law enforcement does not do it's job, especially for political reasons you are going to see a societal "remedy" that will usually look like vigilantism and usually not end well. 

Pretty much.

Those Soldiers of Odin-guys are a symptom of when trust in law enforcement and authorities is in a low. These will fizzle out when trust has been re-established.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So Trump openly declaring the roundup of millions of immigrants, refugees, and muslims and holding rallies of how they are committing crimes and raping sprees isn't inciting and encouraging this type of behavior? And you're blaming law enforcement and progressive politics on this??

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

So Trump openly declaring the roundup of millions of immigrants, refugees, and muslims and holding rallies of how they are committing crimes and raping sprees isn't inciting and encouraging this type of behavior? And you're blaming law enforcement and progressive politics on this??

not that I dont agree with you but dont you think that maybe if there would not be problem with immigrants and muslims in first place we would not see this behaviour from Odin guys? I would be first one to call them racist smucks. They dont 'pop up' from thin air without a reason

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I don't see a problem with immigrants or Muslims to begin wth. Then again, I happen to be related by marriage to Middle Easterners and come from an immigrant family, myself. And I live in a place of significant cultural/ethnic/religious intermingling.

• Like 1

You guys sound like the spokespeople of the Black Lives Matter movement.

The problem with BLM isn't that is didn't have a point, at least not in the beginning. It's that like many such movements it's vulnerable to being hijacked by those with a more radical bent and turned into something counter productive. Or worse.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't see a problem with immigrants or Muslims to begin wth. Then again, I happen to be related by marriage to Middle Easterners and come from an immigrant family, myself. And I live in a place of significant cultural/ethnic/religious intermingling.

You also live in a place where "ethnic" violent crime is unusual. Where you live most crime has an economic motive. It's a little bit of a different story when a insular ethnic group begins comitting violent crimes and the police are ordered to back off and let it happen. The order is not in those many words but the outcome is the same. The problem here is that when criminal behavior is not punished and steps are not taken to prevent it from law enforcement which is supposed to be dispassionate it will be done by the "people" who cannot be dispassionate. Then the ugly things like blaming all immigrants for the crimes of a few start to happen.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

When did Trump declare a roundup of Muslims? Also, pretty sure he only supports the roundup of illegal immigrants.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

not that I dont agree with you but dont you think that maybe if there would not be problem with immigrants and muslims in first place we would not see this behaviour from Odin guys? I would be first one to call them racist smucks. They dont 'pop up' from thin air without a reason

Of course, but they've arrived and will continue on in some form even in the unlikely event everyone they don't like leaves. The issue is that the liberals/neocons claiming that there is no issue at all with the recent influx of Muslim refugees in Europe or Latin America immigrants in the US is that it prevents a "true encounter" with said refugees and immigrants just as much as the odin types are by saying they're all rapists and thieves who want to destroy the country. Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

You also live in a place where "ethnic" violent crime is unusual. Where you live most crime has an economic motive. It's a little bit of a different story when a insular ethnic group begins comitting violent crimes and the police are ordered to back off and let it happen. The order is not in those many words but the outcome is the same. The problem here is that when criminal behavior is not punished and steps are not taken to prevent it from law enforcement which is supposed to be dispassionate it will be done by the "people" who cannot be dispassionate. Then the ugly things like blaming all immigrants for the crimes of a few start to happen.

I haven't looked into it much, but are these Sons of Odin types really even forming in communities that have a lot of immigrants or Muslims?  I mean, neo-nazi groups tend to form in places that are predominantly white and poor.    

Now, now. We all know that evil is passed through a membrane of another dimension and just seem to pop up spontaniously into existence. No event is related to a previous one and causation is outside of the human experience. There are no interconnecting stages of civilizations and they always fall because of the lack of moral virtues of the civilizations that followed them.

Anyone arguing otherwise is only doing it because of projections of their own fears, of which are of course stemed from repressed sexual desires, most often from not being able to be sodomized by their father figures. Our best scientists of the mind have determined that long ago, you fools.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I haven't looked into it much, but are these Sons of Odin types really even forming in communities that have a lot of immigrants or Muslims?  I mean, neo-nazi groups tend to form in places that are predominantly white and poor.    

Are they a neo-nazi group? They claim they aren't. The only proof I saw in that article that they are is that some of it's members are KKK and Neo-nazis. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Well the KKK also claims to not be racist, so...

Now, now. We all know that evil is passed through a membrane of another dimension and just seem to pop up spontaniously into existence. No event is related to a previous one and causation is outside of the human experience. There are no interconnecting stages of civilizations and they always fall because of the lack of moral virtues of the civilizations that followed them.

Anyone arguing otherwise is only doing it because of projections of their own fears, of which are of course stemed from repressed sexual desires, most often from not being able to be sodomized by their father figures. Our best scientists of the mind have determined that long ago, you fools.

What the heck are you talking about?  Who claimed anything of this sort?

• Like 1

I haven't looked into it much, but are these Sons of Odin types really even forming in communities that have a lot of immigrants or Muslims? I mean, neo-nazi groups tend to form in places that are predominantly white and poor.

Are they a neo-nazi group? They claim they aren't. The only proof I saw in that article that they are is that some of it's members are KKK and Neo-nazis.

And so, that makes it somewhat better? They are a hate group. Period.

Trump's words are xenophobic and sexist. He is a narcissist pig who cares more about building his brand than responsible governance or debate. He is the least qualified presumptive major party nominee for the office of the President and his very candidacy is bringing out the worst in America to come out of the woodwork --inspiring hate groups that explicitly target minorities with real and tangible threats.

• Like 2

"Trump's words are xenophobic and sexist."

How is he sexist? he bashes men too. He attacks white men too. he attacks anyone who disagrees with him. That makes him a SJW Nazi.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.