I don't know if this was a change made in WM1 or WM2, but did people notice that the morning star, Daybreak (IIRC), that you find in the Court of the Penitents has been changed from the silly original release version, which had an anti-wilder effect (i.e. +4 acc, +25% damage)?  Now it has a spirit slaying effect on it, similar to the vessel slaying effect on the Redeemer.  Honestly, an outright slaying effect almost seems to be a little overboard, though not entirely unwelcome.  I'd have just been happy with the simple anti-spirit effect (+4 acc, +25% damage).

(Of course, I'd like to think that I'm not the first to have figured out this little trick.)

Indeed, it is known that items you duplicate with the Helwax Mold retain all enchantments you put on them (including Durgan Steel.) :)

That wasn't really what I meant, though of course it's related (perhaps it's just semantics).  I meant it in terms of using the Hellwax as a way to effectively get the value of 3 scales instead of just 2.

Something I've noticed is that Durance's Robe, which has the Burn Proof enchantment on it, has a DR of 12 again Burning damage, when it should be just 6 (3 for Robe and 3 for Burn Proof). It's kinda cool that they made Durance's gear a little unique (the Staff does Crush/Burn rather than merely Crush).

Something I've noticed is that Durance's Robe, which has the Burn Proof enchantment on it, has a DR of 12 again Burning damage, when it should be just 6 (3 for Robe and 3 for Burn Proof). It's kinda cool that they made Durance's gear a little unique (the Staff does Crush/Burn rather than merely Crush).

Actually, Sagani now comes with her own unique hunting bow.

Hi Guys,

Just a question... is Abydon's Hammer working properly? I think it has a bug. I looked at the stats and it seems so powerful that I equipped it to my PC rogue. I even made my character have a second weapon specialization in soldier. But whereas my sabres were doing 60-70 dmg each, the hammer was only doing about 30-40. It did came in hand against the eyeless though. I could 1 hit kill them most of the time with its special ability because my rogue was crit-ing about 70% of his hits.

I haven't fully read the thread yet so apologies if it's been covered before. 

The thing I find mildly annoying about Durance's staff is that here you have quite a nice staff that arguably Durance could use for much of the game, assuming some upgrades along the way.  But quarterstaffs aren't one of Magran's favored weapon types, which, IMO makes Durance's staff much less valuable for his personal use.   Oh well.

• Like 1

Anyone know if its possible to get the +4 int ring without having to restart the game?

I've installed the beta patch, but the ring isn't in the Vault of Forgotten Thoughts unless I'm looking in the wrong room.

Console can help you

The thing I find mildly annoying about Durance's staff is that here you have quite a nice staff that arguably Durance could use for much of the game, assuming some upgrades along the way.  But quarterstaffs aren't one of Magran's favored weapon types, which, IMO makes Durance's staff much less valuable for his personal use.   Oh well.

It's begging to be turned into a soulbound item for this very reason. Have the unlocks tied to Durance's quest so there's no way to rush finish it and make it overpowered.

It's begging to be turned into a soulbound item for this very reason. Have the unlocks tied to Durance's quest so there's no way to rush finish it and make it overpowered.

Seems like an easy fix would be for the devs to give Durance a "special" version of the Magran's talent that includes an accuracy bonus for staffs and rods.  The paladin NPC has a special talent, so why not the priest too?  Could even give it a "dirty" sounding name, fitting of Durance's disposition.

It seems odd that Durance starts with both of "Wael's" favored weapons when he is a devote of Magran.

Edited by Braven
  • Like 1

Seems like an easy fix would be for the devs to give Durance have a "special" version of the Magran's talent that includes an accuracy bonus for staffs and rods.  The paladin NPC has a special talent, so why not the priest too?  Could even give it a "dirty" sounding name, fitting of Durance's disposition.

It seems odd that Durance starts with both of "Wael's" favored weapons when he is a devote of Magran.

Another thing that could have been done would be to do away with those favored weapon accuracy bonuses altogether, and just give priests a higher base accuracy right from the start.  Priests start with a base accuracy of only 20.  Maybe bump it up to 25 and be done with it.

Another thing that could have been done would be to do away with those favored weapon accuracy bonuses altogether, and just give priests a higher base accuracy right from the start.  Priests start with a base accuracy of only 20.  Maybe bump it up to 25 and be done with it.

If a priest is wielding a favoured weapon does the +10 accuracy apply to his cast spells? If not then the above change would need to be accompanied with a -5 accuracy nerf to all priest spells to keep things even; but if so then it becomes complicated since priest spells become less accurate when wielding one of their favoured weapons, but more accurate when not.

Honestly I quite like the favoured weapon thing, but that's just me.

If a priest is wielding a favoured weapon does the +10 accuracy apply to his cast spells? If not then the above change would need to be accompanied with a -5 accuracy nerf to all priest spells to keep things even; but if so then it becomes complicated since priest spells become less accurate when wielding one of their favoured weapons, but more accurate when not.

Weapon accuracy doesn't affect spells. Shields' malus does through.

Also for you the mantle that do overwhelming whave on crit works multiple times in combat? Is a bug or intended? I'm in wm versus the languefath and actually the fight are: they paralyze me, they crit me every shot, overwhelming wave process 4-5 time and kill Th all' :)

It's a bug; I've seen it reported in the tech forum.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I knew that someone would say this.  I could have gone into greater detail on this in my previous post, but didn't.  So I will now.

If this favored weapon for a class/sub-class is so great, why don't other classes have it?  Why aren't druids limited to purely natural weapons, i.e. clubs, staffs, bows, etc., for example?   Why aren't wizards limited to classical (and stereotypical) wizard weapons, i.e. staffs, daggers, wands/scepters/rods, etc.?  And so on.  It just seems wrong to me to force this limitation on priests and no other class.

Of course, I also don't like this entire weapons group thing either.  For me, it may be the single worst aspect of PoE.  First of all, iIt limits how one might imagine one's characters.  And second, some of the combos make no sense whatsoever.  Seriously, why aren't clubs a Peasant weapon?  What could be more "peasant" than picking up a glorified tree branch and using it as a weapon?  Or daggers.  Daggers ought to be some sort of universal weapon, not limited to the single silliest weapon group of the bunch.

Seriously, there shouldn't even be a "Noble" weapon group.  Any noble seeking real weapons training is going to be a Knight.  Oh, and the Knight and Soldier groups are wrong too.  The weapons used by Knights would be a bit different from those used by common soldiers.  Battle axes should be soldier weapons and great swords should be knightly weapons.  (Hell, so should estocs.)

Frankly, the entire weapons group concept is such BS.

Edited by Crucis
  • Like 1

I know it's a WM part I item, but out of curiosity is it possible to enchant Badgradr's Barricade to Legendary? I still haven't got that far into WM part I to get it, and I can't find an image of it to know how many enchantment slots its enchantments occupy.

I know it's a WM part I item, but out of curiosity is it possible to enchant Badgradr's Barricade to Legendary? I still haven't got that far into WM part I to get it, and I can't find an image of it to know how many enchantment slots its enchantments occupy.

Unfortunately it's not. It comes with 8/14 so the maximum possible enchantment is Superb.

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Isn't it at least Fine when you find it? If so, it should be possible to make it Legendary.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus