European Refugee Crisis : Part 2

BruceVC

No its not the same 

I'll try to explain because I can see how you may think it is

Colonialism stripped people of any identity or feeling of purpose. It was also implemented initially against nations that were living very simple but happy lives

Communism was forced on you and it was terrible but it was suppose to be about equality ... it was not a reality where you were treated as not even human

Haha, you never lived in it and have very scewed view of that 'equality' of comunism :)

1) you were very active member of ruling party and then you were wors scum sending people to uran mines

2) you were just peasant so you were equally poor as others

3) you were agains regime so you were in those uran mines

choose your pick

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

When i say "my people" this Malays, i don't mean Malaya or Malaysia, i mean the whole original SEA people....we called ourselves "Nusantara"...you know what is Nusantara? That is what you called "South East Asia". We are one people no longer...for 600 years the west divide and conquer us...like what you did to American natives....

Yeah nations are created and divided. We were part of HRE, then Austria-Hungaria, then SSSR - choose what you like.

Well I can do it for you:

Ohh those evil Islamists. We were part of our beutifull HRE and then Ottomans come and break it and now I am no longer HRE, bee, I want to be citizen on HRE again, evil Ottomans bee

Well, i am not Ottoman, but i know you are agressive because i am Muslim, and you say Muslims are Ottoman, isn't it?

I say "the west" because it is really the WEST who messed up with us in the past...specifically Portuguese, Dutch, Spanish and English...

When i say "my people" this Malays, i don't mean Malaya or Malaysia, i mean the whole original SEA people....we called ourselves "Nusantara"...you know what is Nusantara? That is what you called "South East Asia". We are one people no longer...for 600 years the west divide and conquer us...like what you did to American natives....

Yeah nations are created and divided. We were part of HRE, then Austria-Hungaria, then SSSR - choose what you like.

Ohh those evil Islamists. We were part of our beutifull HRE and then Ottomans come and break it and now I am no longer HRE, bee, I want to be citizen on HRE again, evil Ottomans bee

Well, i am not Ottoman, but i know you are agressive because i am Muslim, and you say Muslims are Ottoman, isn't it?

I say "the west" because it is really the WEST who messed up with us in the past...specifically Portuguese, Dutch, Spanish and English...

I dont think I am more aggresive than you are original.gif and I am not using Islamists because you are muslim, I am using it in same way you are using 'west' term. I suppose you are not using 'west' term because I am atheis/christian?

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I dont think I am more aggresive than you are original.gif and I am not using Islamists because you are muslim, I am using it in same way you are using 'west' term. I suppose you are not using 'west' term because I am atheis/christian?

My advice is you guys should avoid debating...you will misunderstand each other :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So what would i called Portuguese Crusaders, Dutch VOC, Spanish Conquistadors and English (East India Company and Imperial) if not "the West"?

if it is only one then i can specify one, but there are not one only but four...so i say "the West"...and now another West come into the picture, the USA

My advice is you guys should avoid debating...you will misunderstand each other original.gif

cant see us misunderstand each other when one side is not even trying to understand :) (it could be me ofc)

So what would i called Portuguese Crusaders, Dutch VOC, Spanish Conquistadors and English (East India Company and Imperial) if not "the West"?

if it is only one then i can specify one, but there are not one only but four...so i say "the West"...and now another West come into the picture, the USA

OK, that's 4 states, just in EU is 28 states which all of us would call 'West' so get your facts straight

Because we have yellow fever, you silly sexy thing.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

USA continue what the West being doing for 600 years, and with european allies, the very same thing...so now do you understand the sentiment here?

Why don't you the west just leave us in the east alone?

bases-overseas.jpg

But most of the states (if not all) are in NATO on their own will, you have to be angry on them, not on West, dont see how this is relevant

What the hell, no bases in Argentina? They gots lots of black gold so we need to get in there ASAP!

Is Argentina west or is it east? I mean it is east of Malaysia, but west of Europe. But they hate the British, does that mean that they are east instead? What a conundrum. 

They seem like sour bunch though, typically eastern.

Alfredo_Astiz.PNG

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Threadly reminder it's the Irish. Don't be fooled by this talk of Jews and Atlantis.

VtGAiTP.jpg

rcpzTjD.jpg

eNcuG8d.jpg

FSLHzwP.jpg

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

USA continue what the West being doing for 600 years, and with european allies, the very same thing...so now do you understand the sentiment here?

Why don't you the west just leave us in the east alone?

bases-overseas.jpg

But most of the states (if not all) are in NATO on their own will, you have to be angry on them, not on West, dont see how this is relevant

It is western Imperialism in a new way...of course it is not "imperial" in literal meaning but as you can see who dominate the world with military? For what? Surely you are not so blind to see that?

USA-UN-NATO whatever you call it, it is all the same...

600 years ago it is called VOC, East India Company, bla bla bla....today it is the very same thing in different name and global. They are no different...what is the function of EIC and VOC? Rob other people wealth....why USA want to dominate Middle East and the whole world? The same, rob other people wealth....

eastindia.jpg

voc400.jpg

Edited by Qistina

I know what I would call them. Dead. Ancient history. Certainly not today's "West".

That dead and ancient history lead to what happen today...lead to the sentiment...lead to the world politic and economy. If you want to understand the sentiment, you must understand history and not just taking it at face value...

The west leave a scar....the wound healed, the scar remain....and now another west showing their claw, the USA....

It is 600 years for us....the west leave us only 58 years ago....

Edited by Qistina

It is western Imperialism in a new way...of course it is not "imperial" in literal meaning but as you can see who dominate the world with military? For what? Surely you are not so blind to see that?

USA-UN-NATO whatever you call it, it is all the same...

600 years ago it is called VOC, East India Company, bla bla bla....today it is the very same thing in different name and global. They are no different...what is the function of EIC and VOC? Rob other people wealth....why USA want to dominate Middle East and the whole world? The same, rob other people wealth....

You have to accept fact that there are stronger and weaker powers/states/imperiums which push their agenda. You can argue that NATO is now strongest, if there would not be NATO you would be part of China or Russia. Your choice

That's not the point. I understand what the past leads to. That doesn't mean I respect anyone who wants to punish today's people for the actions of people who are long dead and they had no effect or control over. I'm Dutch. I don't approve of what the Dutch East India Trading Company did. Doesn't mean I'm responsible for what they did. Blaming today's West for that is just living in the past - a complete delusion.

Beause muslims keep blowing themselves up today? Do you see us puttong whole nations in the slave pits, have armed security with kill on sight order for slave workers on plantations?

I mean, lets be real here. History was always been belonging to those who had the best military power and enough people to support it.

If it was not Europe that advanced faster, it would be arabs or chinese or who the F... knows. The ppont is that they would shape the history. Today we seem to have countries with highest economic power driving the events, but those countries also have steon armies in case the assets of their citizens would get taken by force in large amounts. Lets say the whole Asia decides.to just take all the assets from Western owners, which are allocated there. Do you think that this would go without response?

Obviously the globql 3conomic ties make all power be very reluctant as they know that today money are the driving force while military is in the support role of a shadow behind those money.

Edited by Darkpriest

As Muslims today keep apologize things as western people demanded, why not the west do the same?

And just to be clear which Muslim countries have apologized to what Western countries ....seriously I know none ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

They have nothing to apologize for. Terrorists are not true muslims.

So, 'West' is responsible for colonisation decades ago (even if it was only 3-4 states of today 'West') but muslims dont have any relation to muslim terrorists today? Mind you I dont expect any muslim to apologise, just asking

• Like 1

They have nothing to apologize for. Terrorists are not true muslims.

So, 'West' is responsible for colonisation decades ago (even if it was only 3-4 states of today 'West') but muslims dont have any relation to muslim terrorists today? Mind you I dont expect any muslim to apologise, just asking

A sovereign nation that did bad things decades or even centuries ago still has a duty to reconcile themselves with those acts, whether that involves actual reparations or simply observing the past with proper chagrin.

Members of a religion have a duty to distance themselves clearly from those that commit atrocities in their name.  Apologies are not needed, but rather condemnation.  

:shrugz: