European Refugee Crisis

BruceVC

Yes I can see how you may feel like that but I need to explain something important to you

In South Africa I am very active on radio talk shows where we discuss politics and global events. In South Africa radio talk shows are how people debate and how we explain things to each other

Anyway I have noticed that the South African Muslim community is always very defensive when it comes to things like ISIS

So for example I might say " ISIS is killing people in Syria " and then someone would say " yes but the West is bombing Muslims "

I never understood why South Africans Muslims weren't angry and critical about what ISIS was doing and then 2 weeks ago I heard people phoning in and saying things like " why cant Muslims just be peaceful ....what is wrong with Muslims " .Then some Muslims phoned in and were very angry and hurt and said " we are tired of being blamed for what ISIS was doing "

I then realized that South Africans Muslims thought that people like me assumed that all Muslims were guilty of violence we see that ISIS commits ....and you are actually doing the same thing where you assume Westerners just assume all Muslims are the same.

Of course I dont assume all Muslims are like ISIS. At the moment ISIS has killed more Muslims than Westerners and the military coalition that is fighting ISIS in the ME consists of many Muslim countries

Yes some people in Western countries don't like Muslims but thats the same in Muslim countries. But most of us are like me and we dont assume all Muslims are the same and we dont dislike Muslims :)

I think that is more racial than religious...you must understand that South African Muslims are...well, Africans...and you know what western people do to them? Surely they have anti-west sentiment, so when ISIS blow up the west, they will be happy...they take ISIS as their hero...

This is what western people forget about, western people making scars a lot in the east...today it have mixed up between racial and religion. In brotherhood sense we all Muslims are brothers and sisters, you spew hate on Muslims, ALL Muslims no matter what race will react...but if you spew hatred toward certain racial group, no one care...

The mistake western people make now is mix it all together...you attack on Islam and Muslims generally without looking at culture, race, country...all these are since 9/11.

Like this Syrian refugees flocking Europe, they are seen as "Muslim refugees"....while actually many Syrians are Christians....

No almost all Muslims in South Africa are Indian

But we don't judge all Muslims, I keep trying to explain that...we dont like extremists. We judge Al-Qaeda and ISIS

And the West doesn't attack all Muslim countries, the West has a real alliance with many middle east countries like Saudi Arabia

They're defensive about ISIS because they see themselves as the underdog and the jihadis as their champions. The west has spent a lot of time bombing the **** out of the middle east, they know they're outmatched militarily and see themselves as the victim (which they often are). Logically from that point of view the jihadis are the sole few brave enough to strike back against western oppression a.k.a heroes, but since they can't openly state that in Paris or Rome so they do the next best thing which is to either say nothing or justify ISIS in some way.

Maybe...they may see it like that. Maybe they do see the Jihadists in a positive light because they strike against the West, I never considered that

But then they have a misinformed view of the West because this is not a war against Muslims the West is active in....its a war against extremism

Wow 2 pages of WTF!

Bruce, you want to tell me that people who were raised here have miinformed view? I believe they simply despise our approach to certain way of life. I admit i have enough of PC to a point that i could start hating it. Add some other cultural differences and there it is. You go ballistic.

Also Calling Sauds allies is a bit far fetched. At best they share same economic and political interests but do you actually see them fighting extremism? Considering the branch of Islam they practice is the most restrictive and most militant I'd have my doubts about their real allegiance.

Again, that's simply not true. If you go to a Chinese restaurant in the Netherlands and order Chinese dishes you get wildly different things than you would in China because they've changed over time. You only think that's true because all you know about the west comes from TV and the Internet.

So it's Chinese who change, not you...

You assume Chinese restaurants still have Chinese staff. They don't. In fact, the Dutch-Chinese community laments the loss of real Chinese restaurants because most of their children moved on to the better paying hotel industry. I could drive to about 6 chinese restaurants in 10 minutes from my house and only one of them is actually staffed by Chinese cooks. (Unsurprisingly, it's the one with the tastiest food because the westernized variants are ****).

EDIT: In fact, a lot of the westernized variants also serve non-Chinese food despite labeling themselves Chinese restaurants. You can get Chop Suey along with Nasi Goreng and Babi Pangang.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Here is funky czech music band. Quistina please skip it as I am sure this song will sadly not be for you.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Exactly. :thumbsup: Just the fact alone that you are communicating in our language instead of the other way around proves the superiority. Everyone in the world can communicate in English, thanks be unto the Illuminati Jews. yes.gif

But when we insulting you infront of you in our language and laughing you thought we are praising you... 

Who's superior now? :dancing:

Yes, thanks for Illuminati Jews making you don't understand eastern languages but we understand yours

You assume Chinese restaurants still have Chinese staff. They don't. In fact, the Dutch-Chinese community laments the loss of real Chinese restaurants because most of their children moved on to the better paying hotel industry. I could drive to about 6 chinese restaurants in 10 minutes from my house and only one of them is actually staffed by Chinese cooks. (Unsurprisingly, it's the one with the tastiest food because the westernized variants are ****).

EDIT: In fact, a lot of the westernized variants also serve non-Chinese food despite labeling themselves Chinese restaurants. You can get Chop Suey along with Nasi Goreng and Babi Pangang.

Then why call them Chinese Restaurant and not Netherland Restaurant? Why still saying Chinese Food and not something of your own?

Nasi Goreng USA is by it's own...it means "USA fried rice" even though Americans don't make them, but we attribute this fried rice to Americans...it is Malaysian. "Nasi Goreng" is Malaysian name, then we add "USA". So Nasi Goreng USA is by it's own name and identity.

See how we still show RESPECT toward western culture?

Edited by Qistina

Again, that's simply not true. If you go to a Chinese restaurant in the Netherlands and order Chinese dishes you get wildly different things than you would in China because they've changed over time. You only think that's true because all you know about the west comes from TV and the Internet.

But if you look at the reverse, even the big US chains (think McDonalds) will tailor their menu to the tastes of the country they're in.  For example McDonald's Shrimp Burger in China, or the lack of beef products in India.  Cultural dishes and tradition are great, but if you want to sell food, you are sometimes going to have to appeal to the local taste rather than sticking with cultural traditions regarding preparation of a dish. 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Here's the reason why it's not called something else: Because it grew from actual Chinese restaurants organically over a long period of time. It was assimilated into our culture. Most people don't even know what they're eating isn't Chinese food. I know people who have come back from vacations in China and told me how surprised they were that the food is completely different. That's because the culture has been assimilated and changed and people made new things, just like you said we didn't do and was our weakness. Now it's a bad thing? Again, you just make stuff up to be contrarian. You're just moving the goal posts. On the ignore list you go, I don't have time to argue with someone who does so in bad faith. Go talk to Bruce, I'm sure he'll be happy to oblige your desire to argue.

• Like 2

But when we insulting you infront of you in our language and laughing you thought we are praising you... 

Who's superior now? dancing.gif

Yes, thanks for Illuminati Jews making you don't understand eastern languages but we understand yours

Thank you for making my point. Nobody cares about eastern languages except for the people that live there. Meanwhile the entire planet can communicate in English. Face it, the West is the Best. :yes:

But if you look at the reverse, even the big US chains (think McDonalds) will tailor their menu to the tastes of the country they're in. For example McDonald's Shrimp Burger in China, or the lack of beef products in India. Cultural dishes and tradition are great, but if you want to sell food, you are sometimes going to have to appeal to the local taste rather than sticking with cultural traditions regarding preparation of a dish.

Very true. We have the McKroket (it's a burger-shaped wad of ragou covered breadcrumbs and then fried), Germany has the McBratwurst. France has the Royale with Cheese. :lol:

But if you look at the reverse, even the big US chains (think McDonalds) will tailor their menu to the tastes of the country they're in. For example McDonald's Shrimp Burger in China, or the lack of beef products in India. Cultural dishes and tradition are great, but if you want to sell food, you are sometimes going to have to appeal to the local taste rather than sticking with cultural traditions regarding preparation of a dish.

Very true. We have the McKroket (it's a burger-shaped wad of ragou covered breadcrumbs and then fried), Germany has the McBratwurst. France has the Royale with Cheese. :lol:

I'm still looking for a Big Kahuna Burger.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Who's superior now? dancing.gif

Thank you for making my point. Nobody cares about eastern languages except for the people that live there. Meanwhile the entire planet can communicate in English. Face it, the West is the Best. :yes:

That's why you never learn something new while eastern people always learned something about you, we know you...you don't know us...

"Know your enemy, you will not be defeated in 100 battle" Sun Tzu says...

And that's why Americans faled in Vietnam...

Edited by Qistina

I thought McDonalds was basically the same everywhere, except with reduced sugar in Europe, and extra sugar in Asia... ;)

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

That's why you never learn something new while eastern people always learned something about you, we know you...you don't know us...

"Know your enemy, you will not be defeated in 100 battle" Sun Tzu says...

And that's why Americans faled in Vietnam...

Weve already assimilated the best that the east has to offer and continued our advancements. That's why you are trying so hard to emulate the West, without us you would be wandering and lost, like a ship without a rudder. We are here to show you the proper way so your ship doesn't crash upon the rocky shore. yes.gif

Definitely not. We don't even have a McDouble. sad.png KFC fares better. They just introduced the Double Down Burger here too - I tried it and it tasted sufficiently American, meaning my arteries clogged up and I wanted to kill myself in shame.

635578715458371905-AP-KFC-Double-Down.jp

Don't feel shame; just recognize it as junk food only to be eaten rarely. That actually looks really good; maybe I'll get some KFC on Thanks Giving.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

@TN

Even regular chinese restaurants with chinese staff have westernized cousine. The first non-westernized chinese food i had was in Richmond in Vancouver, Canada area.

It was actually the same as they serve in mainland China's, in better restaurants. All the meat cut witha bon so you can eat it with sticks, work on it in your mouth and spit out the remains.

A lot of real chinese food and style of eating is not really comfortable for our typical western fork and knife, with little bone cousine.

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 1

I should have used your blue text. It was actually delicious and gross and greasy in that way only the most unhealthy junk food can be. :lol:

TN what did you mean by that Troll post ? What ideology is less by integration?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm looking forward to whatever cuisine the Syrians bring.

I should have used your blue text. It was actually delicious and gross and greasy in that way only the most unhealthy junk food can be. :lol:

TN what did you mean by that Troll post ? What ideology is less by integration?

You're going to have to specify which troll post.

Roti John is one of popular food in Malaysia, but you rarely found on resturants or hotel, can be found on the street occasionally, night market. Roti means bread, John is a name. No one really know why it's named such...it means "John's bread"

Some do theorized that this come from British soldiers during WW2, they just attach bread with eggs and beef or chicken, then put in mayonaise...but this just a theory. maybe it is Malaysian own creativity made it, and it is western, so we called it "John"..."whose bread?"..."John"...i don't know....but all Malaysians love this and it comes in varieties and versions...Singapore also have this...it is easy to make if you're hungry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ywrA7J-3k

Edited by Qistina

The bacon is terrible in that and they should feel ashamed for wasting bacon.

1389397296006-AustinBBQ21-Franklins.jpg

I had barbecue for lunch and it was great.

Edited for accuracy.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I heard from my brother that the Roti John was invented by the Illuminati Jews to slowly subvert the east with delicious mayonnaise.

No wonder no one know it's origin, damn...

John must be a 33rd degree Mason...

Edited by Qistina

Yes I can see how you may feel like that but I need to explain something important to you

In South Africa I am very active on radio talk shows where we discuss politics and global events. In South Africa radio talk shows are how people debate and how we explain things to each other

Anyway I have noticed that the South African Muslim community is always very defensive when it comes to things like ISIS

So for example I might say " ISIS is killing people in Syria " and then someone would say " yes but the West is bombing Muslims "

I n

Wow 2 pages of WTF!

Bruce, you want to tell me that people who were raised here have miinformed view? I believe they simply despise our approach to certain way of life. I admit i have enough of PC to a point that i could start hating it. Add some other cultural differences and there it is. You go ballistic.

Also Calling Sauds allies is a bit far fetched. At best they share same economic and political interests but do you actually see them fighting extremism? Considering the branch of Islam they practice is the most restrictive and most militant I'd have my doubts about their real allegiance.

Well this thread is about honesty so I will be honest....what  do you think I am saying is misinformed about?

And yes Saudi Arabia is an ally to the West but you need to understand why they are an ally to the West. People sometimes misunderstand me because they think my view is inconsistent but its not. My view on the overall Middle East is I want stability and I don't want the oil supply to be disrupted 

Saudi  Arabia is the leading Sunni country in the ME and the other Sunni\Gulf states follow there lead so this includes UAE, Qatar and Kuwait. These also happen to be overall the most stable countries in the ME and the ones that the West understands the best. My company has a branch in Dubai and I have worked in all these countries 

So first point is it would economically imprudent to now become an enemy of Saudi Arabia. Also you have to realize after 9/11 the Saudi's became a target for Al-Qaeda because they considered the Saudi royal family as apostate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Saudi_Arabia

So up to then the Saudi royal family didn't really care to help the USA but they realized that there survival was linked to the West defeating Al-Qaeda and they became a real asset in the war on terror as they provided invaluable information

So yes we need to respect the fact that the Saudi's  dont embrace liberal values such as human rights but they also  dont support extremism ...and that is what matters in the context of the Middle East and remember my objective ....the stability of the region

Also for the first time Saudi Arabia is actively involved in the airstrikes against ISIS....so they stepping up in there regional responsibility

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/09/world/meast/isis-coalition-nations/index.html

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela