What you did today

Blarghagh

I would think  not giving a child a present on Xmas  can be really cruel and have a possible  negative impact on overall progressive mental well being?

What  :lol:

Yes ...its been proven. One year I was denied any presents despite the fact all 5 of my siblings got, I was 6....it was very depressing and made me feel really really insecure, its psychologically hurtful. Obviously I recovered but what about other kids ? 

He didn't get the thing he wanted most. We told him obviously Santa thought he wasn't good enough to get it.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I would think  not giving a child a present on Xmas  can be really cruel and have a possible  negative impact on overall progressive mental well being?

Yes ...its been proven. One year I was denied any presents despite the fact all 5 of my siblings got, I was 6....it was very depressing and made me feel really really insecure, its psychologically hurtful. Obviously I recovered but what about other kids ? 

Seems like the issue was that you were left out rather than the issue being that you didn't get a gift.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Seems like the issue was that you were left out rather than the issue being that you didn't get a gift.

Yes thats true but the whole ritual of everyone opening there presents in front of the family has ultimately a similar result to not getting a gift

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Today I spent the day drinking at Hooters with ANOTHER one of my very good friends who is also immigrating to Australia next year 

Tequilas flowed and the company was excellent 

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Im off all this week too so I dunno what to do with myself. Maybe Ill go buy a new snow shovel. And the toilet paper supply is getting dangerously low... ermm.gif

And I thought my life was dull... :p Still not done the shower reno, apparently cutting custom glass for the door is going to take 10 days (?!). Which will be annoying as I won't be home to help my mom with the dogs and contractors, etc. so will have to badger another family member into WFH sometimes. Meh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

obvious to whom? :p
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Good news everyone, tp is now in plentiful supply in my houshold. Huzzah!

I also wandered Home Depot for a while and ultimately purchased one of those ergonomically correct snow shovels that has a bent handle instead of a straight handle. Now to nap or day drink?

Today I spent the day drinking at Hooters with ANOTHER one of my very good friends who is also immigrating to Australia next year 

Tequilas flowed and the company was excellent 

Now that is an afternoon well spent

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

obvious to whom? :p

:lol:  Nep

• Like 1

John Milton 

HBO has been showing all five seasons of GoT. My couch has a indentation the shape of my rear end because of it. I've found if you watch this show for hours on end you feel very depressed. BSG was like that too. There ought to be a warning label. 

It's funny because the books didn't do that to me. /I guess there is a difference between what you see in your mind and with your eyes.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I am at work right now and it is so, so, so very boring. Nothing happens. No orders, no telephone crap (thankfully) and not much else to do. Time doesn't pass at all. The days before Christmas and Sylvester really are the worst.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The coyotes are back. They tried to get into the rabbit pen last night. I "discouraged" them. Now to order some motion sensor lights from Amazon.

A few years back they got really aggressive. I had to take out one or two of them. Hopefully we won't have to do that again. I'm more than willing if it's needed but I'd rather not. I do like listening to them do their thing at night. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

The coyotes are back. They tried to get into the rabbit pen last night. I "discouraged" them. Now to order some motion sensor lights from Amazon.

A few years back they got really aggressive. I had to take out one or two of them. Hopefully we won't have to do that again. I'm more than willing if it's needed but I'd rather not. I do like listening to them do their thing at night. 

Interesting story, do you think a single coyote would kill one of your dogs in a fight?

I guess I'm asking how dangerous are Coyotes?

John Milton 

Interesting story, do you think a single coyote would kill one of your dogs in a fight?

A coyote by himself is not dangerous at all. Even two or three together would not be a serious problem for Sunny & Tommy. It's when you get six, seven or more they are a real threat. But not to me. To get rid of them I walked out on the porch turned on the light and cursed them out... loudly. They scattered. But one coyote would easily eat both rabbits before I could do anything about it.

They are more of a nuisance than a threat so I'm usually inclined to leave them be. but a few years ago they got really aggressive so one night I left my grill in the middle of the yard as bait and waited by the loft window. When they came around I shot the biggest one figuring he was the alpha. They stayed away after that.

They live in Anderson Tully a management area real close to my house. I think there are two packs that come around periodically but I haven't seen them in a while. I hear them all the time though but they sound far away.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

A coyote by himself is not dangerous at all. Even two or three together would not be a serious problem for Sunny & Tommy. It's when you get six, seven or more they are a real threat. But not to me. To get rid of them I walked out on the porch turned on the light and cursed them out... loudly. They scattered. But one coyote would easily eat both rabbits before I could do anything about it.

They are more of a nuisance than a threat so I'm usually inclined to leave them be. but a few years ago they got really aggressive so one night I left my grill in the middle of the yard as bait and waited by the loft window. When they came around I shot the biggest one figuring he was the alpha. They stayed away after that.

They live in Anderson Tully a management area real close to my house. I think there are two packs that come around periodically but I haven't seen them in a while. I hear them all the time though but they sound far away.

Thanks for sharing your view, I enjoy having these types of chats with you because you always provide the right amount of detail about things you are knowledgeable about in  a way that is informative...and I know nothing about the bush generally as I have only lived in cities 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

There is indeed something about Management that tends to draw Coyotes...(...)

Meanwhile, I've apparently reached the ripe old age where I start stumbling on the streets and faceplanting for no good reason. Apparently I can still break a fall, so only have a slightly swollen knee and some grazes due to landing on several body parts simultaneously. Know lets see how that knee bends tomorrow...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I puttered around the house most of the day but managed to take care of a few errands. Super tired. Spent the night offering up my guts to the porcelain god then woke up late to a nose bleed and found out that I had the day off but not until I'd already clocked in a few hours.

I also fixed a vacuum and made horseradish vodka but I prefer to dwell on the negative. I'm getting old.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I was reading some old threads. Man the board is almost civilized now. We used to be NASTY to each other on some of those old threads: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/53916-capitalism-is-un-christian/page-1

Thomas Sowell

I was reading some old threads. Man the board is almost civilized now. We used to be NASTY to each other on some of those old threads: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/53916-capitalism-is-un-christian/page-1

That thread is awesome.  We need to have a thread hall of fame somewhere.  LoF is still by far the best of the trolls we've had here.

• Like 1

:lol:  That thread has a convergence of trolls not seen before or since! My favorite line came from me of all people: "Is it just me or does anyone get the impression that there have not been as many actual people participating in this discussion as user names?"

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

It would be nice if GreasyDogMeat, Musopticon, and Sand were still around. And I mean that literally in Sand's case,

Thomas Sowell

I bumped an awesome thread.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands